PDA

View Full Version : Where are the ads?

Sematary
01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I live in Ct. (as many of you are aware). We are a Super Tuesday state. Where are the ads? I haven't seen or heard of ONE, not ONE T.V. ad. No radio or newspapers either. What about direct mailings? Is the campaign simply planning on blowing off Ct., RI and Ma.?
I listen to THE most listened to radio station in NE in all three states - wouldn't you think there would be ads there?

Are there any ads in ANY of the Feb 5 states?

Lord Xar
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
uhmmm.. not suprising really.

They are waiting for the secret plan to take effect.

dante
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
uhmmm.. not suprising really.

They are waiting for the secret plan to take effect.

People over in the NV forums are reporting seeing 6-7 RP commercials a night right now. Patience... most people don't make up their mind until the last 3 days

Sematary
01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
People over in the NV forums are reporting seeing 6-7 RP commercials a night right now. Patience... most people don't make up their mind until the last 3 days

Sorry - but I'm having serious doubts right now about the abilities of the campaign and the leadership abilities of Ron Paul. I love the man. I love the message. But we need a leader. This country can't be run from the bottom up and neither can this campaign any longer. I need to see some leadership. I need to see that the man that I fell in political love with has what it takes to take on the media and the other candidates and be THE MAN.

literatim
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh shut it Sematary. Don't like it? Go whine somewhere else.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Where are our ANTIWAR ADS??????????????????????????????????????????

Paulitical Correctness
01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm getting skeptical..

This whole "secret plan" thing seems like it will either never come, or come too late.

Wtf, some epic shit better be brewing.

jasonuher
01-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Where are our ANTIWAR ADS??????????????????????????????????????????

I've wondered this myself, isn't this our *biggest* trump card over the other candidates?

I mean, sure, we best them on issues like the economy, illegal immigration, and states rights; but foreign policy is our big card. PLAY IT!

Sematary
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh shut it Sematary. Don't like it? Go whine somewhere else.

Who are you?
I've busted my tail for this campaign for almost an entire year now. I've poured my heart and soul into this and I want to know where the campaign is now. I want to know what they are doing. Why isn't anyone leading this campaign at this point? Why is the campaign allowing the media to spin RP into a racist without a serious response?
I've been on the front lines of this thing for the better part of a year and I feel perfectly justified in asking these questions. In the end, no matter what - it is the MESSAGE that matters - not the candidate, or his campaign. I want a leader. I want someone who is going to save this country from self implosion and I want to know why our hard work and money is going to be wasted by a campaign that just doesn't freaking get it. ANSWER the goddamned charges of racism and get in the media! Spend that 20 million that we gave the campaign and get some name recognition. The time is NOW to make this happen. Super Tuesday is only weeks away and not a peep from the campaign now that the racist charges have really hit the street. This is NOT the time to retreat - but retreat they have and I am PISSED!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I've wondered this myself, isn't this our *biggest* trump card over the other candidates?

I mean, sure, we best them on issues like the economy, illegal immigration, and states rights; but foreign policy is our big card. PLAY IT!

Tell this to the HQ.

lvp1138
01-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Here in Las Vegas we are seeing them on every channel several times a night... and this surge has ocurred only in the last week or so.

I'm sure the super Tuesday states will start seeing ads once Nevada, SC and Michigan are over.

No sense in running them now since most people make up their mind during the last few days of the election.

Sematary
01-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Here in Las Vegas we are seeing them on every channel several times a night... and this surge has ocurred only in the last week or so.

I'm sure the super Tuesday states will start seeing ads once Nevada, SC and Michigan are over.

No sense in running them now since most people make up their mind during the last few days of the election.

Do you believe that name recognition can be won in a few short days?

lvp1138
01-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Do you believe that name recognition can be won in a few short days?

For us, who are smarter than average, we think it can't be done. But analize the people around you and you will see that most people actually just vote for whoever's name they hear the most during the last few days coming up to an election.

Most people have very short term memories. Blasting them with Ron Paul's name just a few days before the election does work. It's been like that during every election I can remember, not just this one.

jasonjasonjason1
01-15-2008, 12:22 AM
aa

Paul4Prez
01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
I live in Ct. (as many of you are aware). We are a Super Tuesday state. Where are the ads? I haven't seen or heard of ONE, not ONE T.V. ad. No radio or newspapers either. What about direct mailings? Is the campaign simply planning on blowing off Ct., RI and Ma.?
I listen to THE most listened to radio station in NE in all three states - wouldn't you think there would be ads there?

Are there any ads in ANY of the Feb 5 states?

HQ put this out 10 days ago:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/113/ron-paul-radio-ads-hit-the-air-in-eight-states-with-upcoming-primaries-and-caucuses/

Ads air in Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Maine and North Dakota

It makes sense for them to not target Connecticut. Connecticut's 27 delegates are awarded on a winner-take-all basis, and will probably go to Giuliani, if he's still considered viable by then.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/CT-R.phtml#0205

Since we're not giving the campaign anywhere close to $23 million so far, they can't hit every state.

I've heard one radio ad in California so far, but I don't listen to the radio very much.

lvp1138
01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Let me add some more to that...

Remember those polls that show that 55% of the people vote on "electability" and the rest on platform?

Of those that supposedly vote on platform, most don't really analize a politicians platform. They are basing it on what they hear on the media, TV ads, etc.

So we can say that more than 75% of the people will vote just on what they hear. "Oh, Ron Paul, I've heard about him a lot. He was a doctor! *elects Ron Paul*". And the ads help with the "electability" issue.

Most people vote for very simple reasons, not thorough analysis of a candidate (if they did, Ron Paul would be president like yesterday).

So yes, blasting them with ads the last few days of an election does have a positive effect.

And this is not my opinion. I've heard this same analysis over and over again on all elections I've been voting on.

gaazn
01-15-2008, 12:29 AM
because so many people in ct work in nyc, they figure rudy's got a lock on ct so why waste the money.

Paul4Prez
01-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Anybody anti-war has already switched over to the democratic side. Except of course for Ron Paul republicans. And they don't need the ads, they already know where he stands with the war. His job now is to convince the base, and if i remember correctly, the base is 70% pro iraq war.

His number one job is to tell voters in 30 seconds or less why he is DIFFERENT. That's what will get him noticed.

If you tell a bunch of Republican voters that you're just like the other Republican candidates say they are, they will vote for the candidates they're the most familiar with. Why should they look up Ron Paul if he sounds like everyone else?

Marketing is all about communicating what makes your product DIFFERENT, and therefore, BETTER, at least to some people.

We lost the anti-war Republican vote in New Hampshire to McCain. That should not have happened.

Sematary
01-15-2008, 08:29 AM
because so many people in ct work in nyc, they figure rudy's got a lock on ct so why waste the money.

I live in NE Ct. - I border Massachusettes and RI.
That means that not a single ad is running in this tri-state area. I guarantee you, this is NOT Guiliani country - and, by the way - why simply just hand over the state. People are working their butts off here and you would think that the major stations which cover all three states and parts of Maine as well, would have SOMETHING on them at some point. Simply walking away from the states is not acceptable.

RonPaulFTFW
01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
spend less time and posting and more time talking to people.

Sematary
01-15-2008, 08:38 AM

I've talked to more people than you can imagine. Believe me when I tell you - I've done it all. Anyone who's been here for any amount of time (longer than a couple of months) will back that statement up. I never stop talking up Ron Paul. Now I want to see the campaign talk up Ron Paul and I want them to put this racist bullshit to rest instead of just trying let it blow over.

Dave Wood
01-15-2008, 08:51 AM
I've talked to more people than you can imagine. Believe me when I tell you - I've done it all. Anyone who's been here for any amount of time (longer than a couple of months) will back that statement up. I never stop talking up Ron Paul. Now I want to see the campaign talk up Ron Paul and I want them to put this racist bullshit to rest instead of just trying let it blow over.

Sematary, you feel the same way everyone else here feels, even though some wont admit it.

We need to see some sparks fly at the top. That will rekindle the flames at the bottom (grassroots).

The grassroots have supported the people running this campaign in incredible ways. Now it is time for them to return the favor.

There may be some interesting things in the works up there at hq, but we will be the last to know.

BLS
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry - but I'm having serious doubts right now about the abilities of the campaign and the leadership abilities of Ron Paul. I love the man. I love the message. But we need a leader. This country can't be run from the bottom up and neither can this campaign any longer. I need to see some leadership. I need to see that the man that I fell in political love with has what it takes to take on the media and the other candidates and be THE MAN.

DUde....you act like you're the first person to say this.

Everybody is feeling a bit down and concerned. I live in a super Tuesday state and haven't seen or heard one ad either.

Let them finish up with Nevada, SC, MI and FL before you go jumping off the Freaking handle already.

JESUS.......can we all just lighten up a little?

me3
01-15-2008, 09:04 AM
You should check out who you are talking to before you give them advice.

Bob has sacrificed and worked his ass off for this campaign.

PinkPatriot
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
What a bunch of cry-baby whiners! "I want this...I want that...HQ won't do this...HQ won't do that...Where's my blimp...Where's my TV ad...Where's my radio ad...blah, blah, blah" If you can't support the crew and help out where the help is needed, get the hell off the boat.