PDA

View Full Version : small claims court

w2992
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
if everyone filed a consumer fraud jury trial law suit. For the past years cable bill ~$400. Against fox news that might keep them busy. I know you start with a registered mail demand letter. To their legal address if anyone knows it?

hairball
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
if everyone filed a consumer fraud jury trial law suit. For the past years cable bill ~$400. Against fox news that might keep them busy. I know you start with a registered mail demand letter. To their legal address if anyone knows it?

And people wonder why thecourst are all screwed up when wasteful, idiotic stunts like this are pulled. There are better ways to monkey wrench the works without bringing the suits and keeping the judges busy.

Hopefully, the judges will see this for the stunt it is and surreptitiously flush these back from whence they arose.

olehounddog
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
And people wonder why thecourst are all screwed up when wasteful, idiotic stunts like this are pulled. There are better ways to monkey wrench the works without bringing the suits and keeping the judges busy.

Hopefully, the judges will see this for the stunt it is and surreptitiously flush these back from whence they arose.

Where is your idea then. Anytime you bash an ides you should at the very least offer an alternative.

Shii
01-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Where is your idea then. Anytime you bash an ides you should at the very least offer an alternative.

Starve the beast. Find Nielsen families and tell them to turn off FOX.

Getting your money back from cable companies won't drain any money out of Fox.

hairball
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Just because I recognize idiocy for what it is, does not mean I have to do your thinking for you, too.

They do phone polls, and there are ways to protest by FAX that would irritate and annoy. These are a couple, there, happy? Still, on a more serious note, you are wanting to make way for your candidate by going after them in the courts, which is why many hate the lawyers and courts do much. not near as helpfull as harmful to Ron's cause when word gets out.

You wanna hit FOX, see if you can go after their advertisers. Problem is, they are better than most of the news programs out there, and a different tack will be needed. If Ron is depending on Fox to rescue his candidacy, it is misplaced, and weak in thinking.

Schlickenmeyer
01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Considering the forces that own and run Faux news, I think it unlikely that any of this will force them to do anything.
You want to stick it to em, CANVASS, CANVASS, CANVASS!!!
I come on the web for forums, boycotts only when I cannot try for voters in the real world. (Sick today, happy to mess with fox).
If we can get him elected despite the total media blackout, THAT would really hurt them.

JMO

w2992
01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
sue fox news for fraud "fair and balanced add" not the cable company. It was Rons idea. Also attack there fcc lic. public benefit.

w2992
01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
courts are the non violent way to defend the constitution it is not trivial.

Dianne
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I always wondered why we could not file one class action lawsuit. if that suit is big enough we might get some pretty good publicity.

ambiguousscion
01-22-2008, 09:25 AM
You can't sue the media, their free speech/press is protected just as your's is. The way you can change the world is educate those around you through convincing argument and knowledge...

w2992
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
you may not win if fox sends an exspensive lawyer. A few cannot do it But if thousands file suit fox cannot cover all of them. Then the JP that is not covered will be offended and throw the book at them. Low tech. A brave penniless Arabic soldier with a sling shot and a rock can bring down a coward in a billion dollar fighter jet. I have done dozens of small claims they are limited to $5000 but I dont care if its for $10 I just want a judgement and make them take notice. . It is not about 1st ammendment it is about consumer fraud "fair and Balanced" per Ron Paul. Fox is the one making the statement. I purchased cable just for their unbiased reporting and my primary interest in the presidential election. I want my cable money refunded!

BirdsAreWild
01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
If someone would set up a site that allows people to pledge a certain amount, say $1 or $5, every time FAUX bashes Dr. Paul, we could raise some serious money.

This will work because they will be doing our advertising for us. It will make more people aware of this and they will start looking for the times that they exclude or bash him. It would be easy to get people who don't even know who Ron Paul is interested in it.

Here is another idea:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2264999873543884084