PDA

View Full Version : A new sense of urgency -----READ - Your life depends on it

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Senate bill 1959 passed on Monday according to a radio host I am listening to right now. I am getting conflicting information about this, but here is one of Congress' findings:

“The Congress finds the following:

“(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.

Guess what that means? That means that THIS, NOW, TODAY, is your last chance to get anyone like Ron Paul elected. Never again in U.S. History will a man be able to use the Internet to carry out a campaign like this one that the government hates so much.

If we don't get Ron Paul elected NOW, we won't ever get a chance again. Never before has a candidate had such a great chance of getting the whole world to learn about things that the mainstream media doesn't want you to know. Well, thanks to this bill, you can bet that this will never happen again.

If you needed any reason to get a little more passionate about Ron Paul, hopefully this will do it for you. Here is the whole link: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml

humanic
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I looked it up on GovTrack. It seems that it hasn't even been voted on in the House yet. Take a look:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
It's HR 1955 in the House. In the Senate it's 1959.

BTW, it passed the House back in October. Dr. Paul wasn't there and sent out a scathing reply about it in December I think. Apparently the way they voted on it didn't really allow much debate anyway.

Broadlighter
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I looked it up on GovTrack. It seems that it hasn't even been voted on in the House yet. Take a look:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959

It was voted in the House last fall as HR 1955. It passed with only 4 votes dissenting. Ron Paul wasn't listed as either a nay or yay. They must have called the vote while he was away campaigning.

Luft97
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
`(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
They're expecting a depression unless we nuke Iran.

CountryRoads
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
We're all going to be called terrorists soon.

crink
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
This just ruined my day

humanic
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
It was voted in the House last fall as HR 1955. It passed with only 4 votes dissenting. Ron Paul wasn't listed as either a nay or yay. They must have called the vote while he was away campaigning.

Okay, yeah... I thought it looked familiar.

Luft97
01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
The Congress finds the following:

`(1) The development and implementation of methods and processes that can be used to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence in the United States is critical to combating domestic terrorism.

`(2) The promotion of violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence exists in the United States and poses a threat to homeland security.

`(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.

`(4) While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts to combat international terrorism, it must also strengthen efforts to combat the threat posed by homegrown terrorists based and operating within the United States.

`(5) Understanding the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence is a vital step toward eradicating these threats in the United States.

`(6) The potential rise of self radicalized, unaffiliated terrorists domestically cannot be easily prevented through traditional Federal intelligence or law enforcement efforts, and requires the incorporation of State and local solutions.

`(7) Individuals prone to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence span all races, ethnicities, and religious beliefs, and individuals should not be targeted based solely on race, ethnicity, or religion.

`(8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents.

`(9) Certain governments, including the Government of the United Kingdom, the Government of Canada, and the Government of Australia have significant experience with homegrown terrorism and the United States can benefit from lessons learned by those nations.

Ron2Win
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
S.1959 is still to be voted in the Senate.

Ronin
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Chill out guys. This just approves a commission with a final report in 18 months. Then the real battle begins depending on the recommendations.

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM

Yes, the vote happened while Ron Paul was away. He is aware of the Bill and said he was writing a new one to counter-act it.

It might be this one:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.3835:

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
whats next??

integrity
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
first they came for the truthers,

then they came for the tax protesters,

then they came for the Ron Paul supporters,

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak in my defense....

Stand up for whats left of our rights! (when you mock truthers you are part of the problem, they have a right to free speech too)

Voluntaryist
01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
whats next??

rEVOLution!

Redcard
01-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Uh.. I have it in committee still with no pending action..

Edu
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Try reading that with knowledge that the words "United States" means the government.
You can see how they can and have been using this to confuse people.
Example "any possession of the United States" means something owned by the government.
"the United States government" that's pretty clear.
"based and operating primarily within the United States", is that in a "geographic" sense? Meaning get out a map and look at the land mass?
Or is it within a governmentally controlled area? Or only places where they have jurisdiction?
See what I mean? Even the congress critters get confused when they write this stuff.
"While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts", who's that? Is it a bunch of people from the several states?
Gotta love those lawyers!

idrake
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Move along people, nothing to see here... I said move along!

nascar
01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Good information

http://www.newstarget.com/022308.html

This bill is the beginning of the end of Free Speech in America. If it passes, all the information sources you know and trust could be shut down and their authors imprisoned. NewsTarget could be taken offline and I could be arrested as a "terrorist." Jeff Rense at www.Rense.com could be labeled a "terrorist" and arrested. Byron Richards, Len Horowitz, Paul Craig Roberts, Greg Palast, Ron Paul and even Al Gore could all be arrested, silenced and incarcerated. This is not an exaggeration. It is a literal reading of the law, which you can check yourself here: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml

rollingpig
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
we are fucked!

Redcard
01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't understand you guys. This is not even on the docket for the senate today. It's not even left the committee.

Hell! The damn senate isn't even in session!

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/d_three_sections_with_teasers/calendars.htm

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I made a wager on here yesterday after discussing the idea with my father at breakfast yesterday. I said that I would bet my life that within 6 months net-neutrality would be under attack.

Soon everything we post on the internet will be regulated. We will either shut up, or speak out. If we speak out, we will be labeled as terrorists.

Redcard
01-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Uh.. guys, the Senate isn't in session. They're still doing their 11 second meetings so that Bush can't do a recess appointment.