PDA

View Full Version : Here is the classified ad I am running...

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I wanted to post this because as I have been researching methods for newspaper advertisement I have found surprisingly little in the way of testimonials and examples. I have some accounts from others over at The Paulunteer but this is my first time dealing with this myself.

All it took to set this up was a quick form online at the newspaper's website and then within an hour a woman from their advertising department called me. She was very helpful and made a couple of good recommendations. (Don't be afraid to ask questions, it's your money!)

Here is the message I sent to my MeetUp groups about it (we're in southern Illinois, by the way):

I just talked to the Suburban Journal and they are going to run my ad this Wednesday and Sunday. It will reach all of the Madison County subscribers and it will be on the last page of the classified ads under Announcements. She said this is good because most people read just the first page and the last page (that makes sense to me).

The ad is 21 lines at 6 point font. I paid $5.00 extra for a star at the top of the ad to get attention and she said she had to add the "Paid for by Brian Bailey. Not affiliated with any candidate's campaign." line at the bottom. The total cost was $124.66 and it will run for 7 days online in addition to the 2 days in print.

Here is the ad again:

I can't blame you if you missed it, but there is actually an honest statesman running for President in 2008.

Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes, has never voted to spend money from Social Security, takes no money from lobbyists, and never votes for any bill unless it is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

Visit RonPaul2008.com to learn more.
Official campaign office:
211 E. Vandalia in Edwardsville.
Call Brian: 593-9157.

I left my phone number in there for everyone because I would be happy to answer any questions about the process. I am also the Madison County Coordinator for the campaign so I can answer questions you might have about the Precinct Leader program. Just don't everybody call at once or Verizon might explode.

Captain America
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
I like it, we need to be more local with the messege. Cheap too!

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I guess there are too many fun negative things to discuss to focus on this :)