PDA

View Full Version : Let's Do This

HazardPerry
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Okay guys. If you're reading this, then you are lucky, because you found your way to this forum. Not many people come here, and even fewer post here. Maybe if there was a better title, that would change. I suggest MLK Moneybomb Planning or something along those lines, because that is what I was looking for, and couldn't find. I even requested we make a new forum and rooted around in Grassroots Projects before finally realizing it was under Grassroots Central. CHANGE IT so people will come.
edit - Mods are Gods ;)

So here is our task: We have a moneybomb with a decent website, a low pledge count and only a $10 commitment. Our best option based on these factors is to increase the pledge count by advertising -- it will have a larger effect because the commitment is rather lower than past moneybombs, drawing in casual supporters who might not otherwise participate. We have to make it fun, it is an event (trust me if you weren't here for the Tea Party or November 5th). It is only fun however, if we actually get a ton of donations. To those of you thinking it will sort of advertise itself and just come together, I'm sorry to say that's not how it happened in the past. You have to work for pledges and once that mass of people begins to donate, it is ridiculous. The party on IRC chat and the forums is a wonderful environment, like the best rally. It will stimulate other donors who may not have gotten the memo, and is cheered on throughout the day by the official campaign. The idea is to get the ball rolling -- after that first spurt of donations, everything starts to get going.

So, lets make sure we're all on the same page. Here is a list of websites that you should already have:

http://www.freeatlast2008.com
Please take the time to put this in your signature like I have. At the top left of the forums, in the menu bar, click User CP (next to FAQ). Go down to 'edit signature' and there you go.

http://paulcash.slact.net
The best donations tracker with good statistics.

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com
More interesting information.

Okay. Hopefully this is all old news, but if not then -- now you know. So our task remains: how to get the word out?

==================================
First, stop reading this, and if you haven't already, sign up and pledge to donate. The importance of that pledge count going up cannot be overstated. This is a game of expectations.

Second, if you live with, personally know, or work with any other Ron Paul supporters, take some time right now or at your next convenience and get them to sign up as well. Spouses, Children, and Parents count. Don't assume they already have (my own roommate hadn't).

Third, if you belong to a local Meetup group, take some time right now and post the Moneybomb on the Meetup site and leave a message encouraging donations. E-mail or PM your group leader and encourage him to advertise the moneybomb regularly, and instruct other people to sign up. Finally, on your group's mailing list, send out an e-mail instructing everybody to pledge if they haven't already. Don't be afraid -- chances are your Meetup hasn't done this already, and many people may have no idea MLK is happening.

Fourth, we examine our further responsibilities in getting the word out on the internet. There are several watering holes with lots of Paulites that we need to target immediately. When I say target I mean we need to post what are in essence advertisments for the MLK Moneybomb. Something along the lines of:
==================================

January 21st - We Rise Up
The new Moneybomb is coming up, be a part of history!
Martin Luther King Day Moneybomb
http://www.freeatlast2008.com
$10 For Freedom!

Of course, if you have the time, it is better to comment less blatantly about the event, but right now we have very little penetration and I feel advertising is something that we need. Don't post the ad if you see others floating around, but it is never a bad thing to plug it in any comments you leave on YouTube, Reddit, Digg, MySpace or Facebook. Click around all the popular Ron Paul videos on YouTube and leave some MLK comments for the next viewers to see. Join the Ron Paul Facebook group and leave some comments. I could use a MySpace expert to advertise there (I know we have a ton of people who are friends with the Doctor).

That's it for now. Give me comments and suggestions and I can edit the first post of this thread. We have to get this going, nobody is going to do it for us! This is the grassroots! :D:D:D

constitutional
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Let's roll.