PDA

View Full Version : If This Fails... You All Know Why...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
If This Fails... You All Know Why...

It must be because Ron Paul's supporters are racist. I mean, they raised much more on that day about the guy blowing up parliment.

Just sayin'

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Why don't we make the goal $1 million (aka million man march)

That should be easy for us to achieve.

RonPaulwillWin
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I think pulling for 1mil is a good number...it would be our 3rd biggest day.

Bilgefisher
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
-To show Ron Paul is the only candidate for our liberties.
-Raise needed money for the campaign
-is to counter the racism slander
-Is to raise awareness that Ron Paul is still a valid candidate
-create enthusiasm amongst supporters

celticsman7
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
We need a #1 YouTube video that gets a quick 500,000 views.

tamor
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Our reply could be that the people who contributed for MLK bomb do not have alot of money, but they gave what they could to promote freedom for all.

smartguy911
01-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Dr. paul announced it on CNN about next big money bomb. we need to beat dec 16th.

Dr.3D
01-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Why don't we make the goal $1 million (aka million man march)

That should be easy for us to achieve.

I think the idea is to set the goal higher! Every time we set a goal we come out a little short. Remember the $10 million goal came out to be $6 million? If we want to get $1 million, we need to set the goal for $2 million. Perhaps we need to set a goal of $20 million.

noiseordinance
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree about the $1,000,000 mark. It should be on the freeatlast2008.com website. That way we have a little ammo towards the media if they try to say that RP's support is declining... "The goal was $1 mil, which we surpassed. The money bomb was a success!"

noiseordinance
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I think the idea is to set the goal higher! Every time we set a goal we come out a little short. Remember the $10 million goal came out to be $6 million? If we want to get $1 million, we need to set the goal for $2 million. Perhaps we need to set a goal of $20 million.

You have a good point though too. Maybe if people see us at $1 mil, they won't donate. Setting the goal to $2 mil might be best?

D'oh! I suck.

redzone
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
We need a #1 YouTube video that gets a quick 500,000 views.

Let's use a video showing Dr.Paul's response to the "electability" question for the SC Debate. Especially the part.........'we borrow 10 billion from the chinese....give it to mushuarraf to overthrow an elected gov't.............'what is going on here?'

That reply was an amazing Ron Paul moment!

smartguy911
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
what the hell.. don't we need $23 million by Jan 25th. So raise $1 million on Jan 21st. what about the rest of $22 million. print it??

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree about the $1,000,000 mark. It should be on the freeatlast2008.com website. That way we have a little ammo towards the media if they try to say that RP's support is declining... "The goal was $1 mil, which we surpassed. The money bomb was a success!"

lyman.trevor@gmail.com (He runs the website....email sent from me)

RonPaulFTW08
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM

It must be because Ron Paul's supporters are racist. I mean, they raised much more on that day about the guy blowing up parliment.

Just sayin'

LOL was that a joke or do you actually mean it?

realist
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM

I agree with the OP...the writing is on the wall.

Dlynne
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM

Just sayin'

I know your intentions are good, and I understand what you are trying to say. However, there is another reason this might fail.

It might fail because Paul has not done well in the first 2 primary/caucus states, and the Campaign has not shown that it has revised its plan or shaken up its staff in order to get a better result.

realist
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I know your intentions are good, and I understand what you are trying to say. However, there is another reason this might fail.

It might fail because Paul has not done well in the first 2 primary/caucus states, and the Campaign has not shown that it has revised its plan or shaken up its staff in order to get a better result.

I think your missing the point all together. The point is that IF this does fail, the real reason(s) won't matter. It will be spun by those that control the media to lend credance to the racial overtones. True or not won't matter to them (or their supporters).

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
nt

DaneKirk
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Dr. paul announced it on CNN about next big money bomb. we need to beat dec 16th.

Fat chance, I will donate though.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 04:35 PM
He said in the interview with Wolf that people are donating on the 21st

tommyzDad
01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Guys, I have to ask, where did the concern for reaching a specific amount on 21 January develop? I think the point of this particular bomb is to get a large number of people to donate.

Just $10 (or more) from as many supporters as possible. Our goal is for hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters to join together, in a show of strength to "fight the polls"!

Unless I'm wrong, I think the point is a "people bomb" a show of unity. :cool:

NinjaPirate
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM

+1

redzone
01-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Guys, I have to ask, where did the concern for reaching a specific amount on 21 January develop? I think the point of this particular bomb is to get a large number of people to donate.

Unless I'm wrong, I think the point is a "people bomb" a show of unity. :cool:

I agree.

LukeNM
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Man, I was thinking this would be at least $8M when I first heard about it, what happened?

redzone
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Man, I was thinking this would be at least $8M when I first heard about it, what happened?

It might be.....who really knows.

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
I never agreed with having a money bomb on MLK day anyway.

Our days shouldn't be promoted about any individuals. The Tea Party was perfect. Not an individual person, but many nameless people coming together for a CAUSE.

Now we're going to have to deal with hearing about it being about a black man, and that leads to more segues about racism. Not to mention, is the King family even ok with us using their name for this?

FreeTraveler
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
I never agreed with having a money bomb on MLK day anyway.

Our days shouldn't be promoted about any individuals. The Tea Party was perfect. Not an individual person, but many nameless people coming together for a CAUSE.

Now we're going to have to deal with hearing about it being about a black man, and that leads to more segues about racism. Not to mention, is the King family even ok with us using their name for this?

The King Foundation was brought up repeatedly, as were other issues with MLK, and all those issues were ignored. This thing may well bite us a big one right on the a$$.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Not to mention, is the King family even ok with us using their name for this?

It is a national holiday. Plus the moneybomb is freeatlast2008, not MartinLutherKingwould'vesupportedRonPaul2008.

It's really to promote the ideas that King talked about, just like Nov 5th wasn't to promote blowing up congress, and Dec. 16th wasn't to advocate polluting.

These are all dates associated with People fighting for liberty.

MLK day is one of the best dates in the calender year, IMO.

dreicher
01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Not to mention, is the King family even ok with us using their name for this?

They don't have to endorse it or Ron Paul, but once your name is a holiday...it's pretty much in the public domain.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM

It is a joke, *and* I mean it. It doesn't matter what happens... the media will spin it in the worst way possible. I'm not discouraging anything... but I am saying we better make it happen. If it's a major success, the media will ignore it, and we at least come out with a success.