PDA

View Full Version : hello North Jersey!!!!!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I've tried emailing some of the meetup captains in North Jersey to see how canvasing is going, but to no avail. Anyone here from North Jersey? How is canvassing going? You guys need help?

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Im from central jersey

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
In my section of South Jersey (Gloucester, Salem, Camden, Burlington Counties) we have really been working our asses off with canvassing. We are recruiting people everyday, so I'm just seeing if North Jersey needs some help.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Im from central jersey

How's it coming along? You guys canvas during the weekend? How many people go out canvassing per week?

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
How's it coming along? You guys canvas during the weekend? How many people go out canvassing per week?

well there isnt too much canvassing going on here I must say.. Though personally alot of our members talk to alot of people. I cant say how much everybody individually is doing.. I talk to alot of people and talk about RP every chance I get, along with the federal reserve, irs.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
NJ is a winner take all state.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
well there isnt too much canvassing going on here I must say.. Though personally alot of our members talk to alot of people. I cant say how much everybody individually is doing.. I talk to alot of people and talk about RP every chance I get, along with the federal reserve, irs.

ohh. So what you are saying is nothing is going on. Well what county are you from? Maybe we can spare a hand to help get the ball rolling where you are at.

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
ohh. So what you are saying is nothing is going on. Well what county are you from? Maybe we can spare a hand to help get the ball rolling where you are at.

Middlesex

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:51 PM
We have two meetups in the Cherry Hill area which meet every week where about 20-30 people pair up and canvas in 3-4 counties.

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
We could use some help down here in Cape May and Atlantic counties.

I rarely even see a sign or a bumper sticker down here.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Middlesex

Knew it! My girlfriend lives in Union and was trying to get a group to canvas, but nobody was responding to emails. I'm in Middlesex now, it's where I work.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
We could use some help down here in Cape May and Atlantic counties.

I rarely even see a sign or a bumper sticker down here.

Yeah I saw 1 or 2 signs when I went to Cape May a few weeks ago.

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah I saw 1 or 2 signs when I went to Cape May a few weeks ago.

On the parkway?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Nah, I forget the road's number but it split from 55 (or where 55 ends?) Some dude had it in his yard.

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Nah, I forget the road's number but it split from 55 (or where 55 ends?) Some dude had it in his yard.

ah, probably 47.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Mike Mitrosky,

I found a pdf of some Ron Paul stuff translated into Spanish, maybe we could consider handing them out to businesses in New Brunswick.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
ah, probably 47.

Yeah I think that was it.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
NoMoreApathy/Mike Mitrosky are your meetups active at all? Do you have 10-20 people that can help or are you all alone?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I could visit and help you guys get started, you could have some of my supplies. I can show you how to canvas if you haven't already.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
JDouglasFisher, I remember reading you had some trouble in Passaic County, how's that coming along?

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Knew it! My girlfriend lives in Union and was trying to get a group to canvas, but nobody was responding to emails. I'm in Middlesex now, it's where I work.

That's cool. Maybe we can ge together and do something.... Let me know if so, Ill put it out on meetup

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
NoMoreApathy/Mike Mitrosky are your meetups active at all? Do you have 10-20 people that can help or are you all alone?

No, i have people that can help.. Im the asst meetup person for middlesex.. just been burnt out a bit.. I need some recharging, meeting up with you might be just the thing.

frasu
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM

I didn't hear of Union canvasing... i live there to, so more than happy to help if there is canvasing... all there is in my neighborhood is a big RP sign on my car and slim jims that I post in the weekends in supermarket parking lots.

Chester Copperpot
01-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I didn't hear of Union canvasing... i live there to, so more than happy to help if there is canvasing... all there is in my neighborhood is a big RP sign on my car and slim jims that I post in the weekends in supermarket parking lots.

Thats funny, Im off to go to Westfield now for some stuff for work... heh

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
That's cool. Maybe we can ge together and do something.... Let me know if so, Ill put it out on meetup

Yeah, I can help but to be honest it's really getting close to the primary. I think it would be a good idea to have canvassing events at least every weekend.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:12 PM

You should pair with someone and canvas houses with known REGISTERED voters. Go to voters.ronpaul2008.com to get the list. Maybe we can get some people together this weekend, I can stay or drive up Saturday to help out.

JDouglasFisher
01-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Well,

I assume we are doing better than most, our biggest problem is materials.

We're beyond canvassing in some parts of Passaic County already, we're onto Precinct Walking already. (and attending local GOP meetings in each town.)

But the shortage of materials is killing us.

Rumor mill has it though that this might change by next week.,..

Some advice for Meet-up organizers: PROMOTE...

Easily done, what we do is we download the PDF file in the meetup for business cards, print them out, and staple 1 card to each slimjim we hand out.

This has doubled my membership from 20 to 47 members in about a month, it works.

J. Douglas Fisher, Organizer
Ron Paul Revolutionaries of Passaic County, #1251

frasu
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I was thinking at one point that NJ and NY meetups should work somehow more focused... Lots of NJ people including myself are working in Manhattan or NY for that matter, with a lot of time spent on commuting. That's why I feel like canvasing big in Port Authority, NJ Trasit train stations, Rt1, around tunnels and bridges will gives us a bump... Just a thought

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Well,

We're beyond canvassing in some parts of Passaic County already, we're onto Precinct Walking already. (and attending local GOP meetings in each town.)

Easily done, what we do is we download the PDF file in the meetup for business cards, print them out, and staple 1 card to each slimjim we hand out.

This has doubled my membership from 20 to 47 members in about a month, it works.

Double in one month! Shit that's really good! The members don't want to spare a few bucks to get supplies? Also, I thought for established Ron Paul meetups the official campaign was helping with at least slim jim supplies. Geez, if the official HQ are being that cheap they really got problems. They only got $20 in three months!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I was thinking at one point that NJ and NY meetups should work somehow more focused... Lots of NJ people including myself are working in Manhattan or NY for that matter, with a lot of time spent on commuting. That's why I feel like canvasing big in Port Authority, NJ Trasit train stations, Rt1, around tunnels and bridges will gives us a bump... Just a thought

NY's Manhattan meetup if huge!! If they could spare a few hundred for a week or two to help our bare spots that would be awesome!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Come on NJ people. If your meetup isn't canvassing every weekend, speak up! We can help.

thehighwaymanq
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Well,

I'm in North Jersey.

Little Falls/West Paterson/Totowa area.

I just got 25 RP bumper stickers, one sign from the campaign store, and 4 signs I made which all we be up around the towns in the coming days.

And J. Douglas I might go to that Wayne Public Library thing.

Good luck!

THEHIGHWAYMANQQ@AIM.COM

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
NJ is such a godforsaken shit hole and Corzine is about to raise tolls 800%! Let's get NJ to vote for at least one good thing.

thehighwaymanq
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, if anyone is canvassing around WP/LF/Totowa please contact me, I will join.
If there's a sign-wave I WILL come.

The problem is I'm 14 and everything has to go through my mother.

But if there's something real close I'm there.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
This is what we do in our area (Cherry Hill) . We get a shit load of people to meet at someone's house EVERY weekend. They split up precincts (already printed list of REGISTERED voters) into sizable (1-2 day chunks). We split into pairs and hit about 25-30 houses/hour for about 3-5 hours. We write down how receptive these people are so we know WHO to call when we want to get the vote out.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey, if anyone is canvassing around WP/LF/Totowa please contact me, I will join.
If there's a sign-wave I WILL come.

The problem is I'm 14 and everything has to go through my mother.

But if there's something real close I'm there.

Sign waves are useless...

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I would like to start running ads in the Gloucester County times, although it would be nice if we got the official HQ to do that...

frasu
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
NY's Manhattan meetup if huge!!

Yeah, but it would be cool if they would do some canvasing around the big mass transit hubs... Since the day Dr. Paul was in the city, I saw no signs in Manhattan on the streets.

TER
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi y'all! I'm in Scotch Plains (Union County), I'm a precinct leader, I'm ready to rock and roll!!!

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but it would be cool if they would do some canvasing around the big mass transit hubs... Since the day Dr. Paul was in the city, I saw no signs in Manhattan on the streets.

Signs are nice, but they do nothing to get the vote out. Do you know if they are actually canvassing with a list of registered voters. If not, tell them we could use a few hundred people for a couple of weekends. We'll tell them what to do and where to go.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Canvassing people who are hanging around or using subways really might be a waist of time. You don't know if they are REGISTERED, what their AFFILIATION is or even if they live in NY,NJ,PA, DE, etc. Honestly it's actually a really bad idea...

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
If you took just 1/4 of Manhattan's meetup, properly organized, and spread it across NJ to help canvas for the next couple of weeks Ron Paul could EASILY win it.

thehighwaymanq
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
If you took just 1/4 of Manhattan's meetup, properly organized, and spread it across NJ to help canvas for the next couple of weeks Ron Paul could EASILY win it.

Well, let's get to contacting Manhattan's meetup group.

frasu
01-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Canvassing people who are hanging around or using subways really might be a waist of time. You don't know if they are REGISTERED, what their AFFILIATION is or even if they live in NY,NJ,PA, DE, etc. Honestly it's actually a really bad idea...

true.
how about ads in the free newspapers that tons of people get in the morning?
I asked couple of days ago some prices from amNY.

315,830 Current Circulation
255,261 Manhattan's largest Circulation Daily
Hand distributed by over 165 street promoters
Over 1200 news boxes

for a 1/2 page ad, 4X they are asking $6,135 and 13x, $2,954

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, let's get to contacting Manhattan's meetup group.

Ok, well I got to get back to work. Hehe. I'll be back at around 6-6:30, anyone interested in this thread please come out of your lurking shell and write a comment. Also, P/M if you have any information or you want to participate.

thehighwaymanq
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Bump!

frasu
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
^^^

crazyfacedjenkins
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok well I called a few people that said they would come up to help for a day or two. The idea is that we can show you what we do in our area so that you can continue EVERY weekend until Feb 5th. Basically though, we divide a precinct and separate into groups canvassing sizable chunks.

Mark Rushmore
01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Bergen here. I echo J Douglas' complaint on materials. If the official campaign doesn't have a NJ coordinator after SC, they can go to hell. I can see them not wasting resources early, and I know they probably are wary of putting a dollar into a winner-take-all state; but at least they can declare a state coordinator to handle questions to the campaign.

Crickett
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I am not in NJ but I remember that they seemed one of the lowest in the Straw polls on the HQ site, and I wondered why. GL to you all..btw, I would not look at a 1/2 nor 1/4 inch ad. I wd be looking at a 1/6 or 1/8 OR A HUGE classified ad. Sometimes you can get better rates on a display ad if you put it in a weird part of the paper, too..anywhere would probably help. Also those "for sale" type small papers take classified ads at a REALLY reduced rate (you know, those ones that are delivered free..)

crazyfacedjenkins
01-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Bergen here. I echo J Douglas' complaint on materials. If the official campaign doesn't have a NJ coordinator after SC, they can go to hell. I can see them not wasting resources early, and I know they probably are wary of putting a dollar into a winner-take-all state; but at least they can declare a state coordinator to handle questions to the campaign.

Yeah I just don't understand what they are going to do with all that money.

I think if the blasted 101.5 FM with some commercials, we could get a lot of conservative votes. It is just about the highest listened to station in NJ and almost ALL day they bash corrupt politicians. The listeners are just the voters we are looking for. Either way I called and they said rush hour rates go for $500/30 sec.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
true.
how about ads in the free newspapers that tons of people get in the morning?
I asked couple of days ago some prices from amNY.

315,830 Current Circulation
255,261 Manhattan's largest Circulation Daily
Hand distributed by over 165 street promoters
Over 1200 news boxes

for a 1/2 page ad, 4X they are asking $6,135 and 13x, $2,954

What kind of circulation do they get in NJ?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Can we get a list of NJ newspapers and advertising rates here?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Mark Rushmore, frasu, thehighwaymanq, TodaysEpistleReading, JDouglasFisher

How many people can you guys get together for this Saturday or Sunday who can canvas? If we can get them from NYC's meetup then so be it. We are close to Philly and we have people from there coming over to help. Have you guys joined these two meetups?:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/201/
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1375/

They are very active. Please contact the organizers and see if they can help as well. They have been very busy though, so I wouldn't expect them to give up much of their man power when it's being put to good use.