PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't Ron have any friends???

dirka
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I mean, come on...Everyone else has endorsements up the wazoo, and Ron doesn't have barely anyone backing him.

I am starting to get really down because of this media blackout. Everyone that I talk to doesn't even know who he is!!!

This secret strategy better get started asap, because there is only 2 weeks until Feb 5th and then its gonna be lights out irene.

Get in the Game Ron!!

billjarrett
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe this is part of the "Secret Plan"?

For example, all those who played their endorsement cards already are spent out. And endorsements seem to bring short term media attention that is soon forgotten about. I have seen in other threads that the campaign has "ignored" endorsement requests from various individuals.

Maybe part of the media bomb is going to be lining up the endorsements like ducks in a row before super tuesday...

Dunno, just my 2 cents

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
He has a ton of endorsements. Barry Goldwater Jr., the head of the Goldwater institute, a ton of celebs have volunteered.

Ron2Win
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
He has a ton of endorsements. Barry Goldwater Jr., the head of the Goldwater institute, a ton of celebs have volunteered.
Yep, the MSM doesn't care though.

coboman
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Maybe this is part of the "Secret Plan"?
That "Secret Plan" now deserves a place beside the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot.

dirka
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
That "Secret Plan" now deserves a place beside the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot.

That's what im saying.

I want to be as optimistic as the next guy, but when I haven't heard or seen any news from Ron Paul in the last week...It starts to make me concerned.

LibertyEagle
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I mean, come on...Everyone else has endorsements up the wazoo, and Ron doesn't have barely anyone backing him.

I am starting to get really down because of this media blackout. Everyone that I talk to doesn't even know who he is!!!

This secret strategy better get started asap, because there is only 2 weeks until Feb 5th and then its gonna be lights out irene.

Get in the Game Ron!!

I feel your frustration. One thing you can do is to help these guys. www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

They have just shot one endorsement ad, that they only raised enough money to show on a very limited basis in Nevada and South Carolina. They have other endorsers they would like to make TV ads around, but they need bare bones expense money to film and produce it. These endorsement ads are carefully chosen to fill in the gaps in the campaign and to appeal to the issues-voters. We have little time to do this, or it will all be for naught.

Please help if you can.

Note: The new endorsement ad is NOT on their website currently, as they do not want to give the other campaigns time to counter it, before it starts being aired.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
It's because most of the current office-holders who support Ron (Gov. Sanford, the liberty caucus members) are whimps who are too scared to come out and endorse him and would rather save their own political butts than the Republic.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM

Get in the Game Ron!!

Why do you think that every other campaign is broke? They didn't spend it all on advertising. Those "endorsements" don't come cheap.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements

Erazmus
01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
A lot of economists are for Ron Paul. Unfortunately people don't involve themselves in economic circles (as the majority of America doesn't), so they have no idea.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
It's because most of the current office-holders who support Ron (Gov. Sanford, the liberty caucus members) are whimps who are too scared to come out and endorse him and would rather save their own political butts than the Republic.

That, too.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
A lot of economists are for Ron Paul. Unfortunately people don't involve themselves in economic circles (as the majority of America doesn't), so they have no idea.

...and historians. Why do people who know so much about economics and history support Ron Paul? Hmmmm......

robert4rp08
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM

Bigfoot would be a huge endorsement.

jufreese
01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
He did get an endorsement from Bush right before a congressional election that gave him a come from behind win.

FreedomLover
01-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe this is part of the "Secret Plan"

What is this Secret Plan I keep hearing about?

billjarrett
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
What is this Secret Plan I keep hearing about?

If we knew, it wouldn't be "secret" :p

manny
01-14-2008, 05:00 PM
I feel your frustration. One thing you can do is to help these guys. www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

They have just shot one endorsement ad, that they only raised enough money to show on a very limited basis in Nevada and South Carolina. They have other endorsers they would like to make TV ads around, but they need bare bones expense money to film and produce it. These endorsement ads are carefully chosen to fill in the gaps in the campaign and to appeal to the issues-voters. We have little time to do this, or it will all be for naught.

Please help if you can.

Note: The new endorsement ad is NOT on their website currently, as they do not want to give the other campaigns time to counter it, before it starts being aired.

+1 these are good ads :)

mkrfctr
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
the "secret plan" largely says that the

rp plan was to spend only as much money as needed to take 3rd in iowa and nh as to get 1st was very unlikely even if they blew the whole wad - that they also wanted to avoid the attacks of being a front-runner (avoiding a buchanan as it's been called) - they failed at that, took semi-close 5ths instead (this has hurt moral and fundraising and basically cut out all MSM attention at this point) - after taking 3rd in iowa and nh rp would spend all the money in a major blow out ad campaign in the feb5th states while meanwhile the other candidates had blown their wads in the early states and had little money to combat these ads - so far the money part is likely panning out save what romney might throw at himself - whether this is an actual plan/strategy or simply the creation of wishful supports is completely unknown - and if it is indeed the plan there are serious doubts as to the success level of the ad campaign considering the success of the current and past ads - and as to whether such a plan can even work at this point when so many people take electability into consideration and he's thus far had low polling numbers, and low actual voter turn out ...

and now you know ... the rest of the story.