PDA

View Full Version : RE: Ron Paul ad on Roy Jones Jr back for PPV fight

Bryan
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
This thread is in holding to until some sold proof of the claim "****THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED **** Contractual evidence to follow *****" is made available and publically reviewed.

If it has already been done in the one of the 700 posts then post it here again.

Thanks for your understanding.

UPDATE!!

Here is the plan.

There will be two chip-ins for this:

The first will be as-is, and when complete Heath will send the money to AdamT's The American Liberty Coalition PAC. If the full $50K total (from both chip-ins) is not raised then the money will be refunded. The American Liberty Coalition PAC will source the funding to the boxer.

The second chip-in will go directly to The American Liberty Coalition PAC. If the full $50K total (from both chip-ins) is not raised then the money will be used for other Ron Paul advertising projects as desired by the PAC. For sizable donations you may want to pre-arrange some details.

In all cases, you must supply FEC info for large donations ($100?) which includes name and employer- this is standard for a PAC. The American Liberty Coalition has done some excellent work and was responsible for the winning YouTube debate commercial, "Something Big". See: http://www.alcpac.com. The $5,000 PAC limit applies as normal too.

I wills start a new thread on this ASAP.

PhilA
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
This thread is in holding to until some sold proof of the claim "****THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED **** Contractual evidence to follow *****" is made available and publically reviewed.

If it has already been done in the one of the 700 posts then post it here again.

Finally!

leipo
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
fair enough

Phantom
01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

oldjersey
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I gave a donation last night. I just spoke with the guy this morning and he said Roy Jones Jr. is looking over the contract, but it looks good. If we don't get the contract, we get our donation back.

Do you guys understand that this will be on every sports show?

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

<edit>

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Took you guys long enough but glad you stepped in, if this claim was legitimate it will be backed by evidence and reappear. If it wasn't a few hundred Ron Paul supporters have just been scammed.. <anxiously awaits ElectricChurch's reply>

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Total understanding. thanks for considering the finances of forum members

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I gave a donation last night. I just spoke with the guy this morning and he said Roy Jones Jr. is looking over the contract, but it looks good. If we don't get the contract, we get our donation back.

Do you guys understand that this will be on every sports show?

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

I'd suggest you to stop posting links to the website for the time being, if you don't I expect you to be banned immediately. Especially considering the fact that you have got exactly 4 posts behind your name and are most likely trying to lure a few more people in for the last crumbles of the pie.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Seems pretty legit to me.

Who is in charge of it? Maybe he or she can post all the details here. Or ask for a fax/email and post it here in the forums from the Roy Jones, Jr. camp.

FYI, I do watch a lot of HBO boxing- some of the best out there to tell you the truth.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Took you guys long enough but glad you stepped in, if this claim was legitimate it will be backed by evidence and reappear. If it wasn't a few hundred Ron Paul supporters have just been scammed.. <anxiously awaits ElectricChurch's reply>

I'm impressed with administration's handling of this. :)

A lot of folks have lost money...no doubt

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I'd suggest you to stop posting links to the website for the time being, if you don't I expect you to be banned immediately. Especially considering the fact that you have got exactly 4 posts behind your name and are most likely trying to lure a few more people in for the last crumbles of the pie.

+1

:D

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I have told everyone that they will get their money back if things fall through.. I have sent over info to RJJ and his management about the fact that RP is not racists... This is causing some flak right now. Anyone who wants a refund will get one right away... However we only have until Friday to make this happen.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Actually, it appear that whatever post you are referring to has been eliminated. By quoting it you are the one that is now preserving the website. Can you please go back and edit that out?

Thanks.

Thank you mods for protecting the people on this board. Here Here for Bryan.

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm impressed with administration's handling of this. :)

A lot of folks have lost money...no doubt

I'd be rather impressed when they banned you.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 01:14 PM

+1

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Why is it just this chip in that's question? Why arnt any of the other random ones to anonymous people questioned? I didn't see a 500000 page thread on a chip in for ads in Nevada.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I have told everyone that they will get their money back if things fall through.. I have sent over info to RJJ and his management about the fact that RP is not racists... This is causing some flak right now. Anyone who wants a refund will get one right away... However we only have until Friday to make this happen.

Are you in charge of it? If so, all we need is something to show that it is indeed genuine not just a website.

Do you have anything from RJJ in writing that they received your proposal? If not, perhaps you should ask so that we can see it on these forums- preferably a fax.

Thanks

:)

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Why is it just this chip in that's question? Why arnt any of the other random ones to anonymous people questioned? I didn't see a 500000 page thread on a chip in for ads in Nevada.

I question that too.

Hmmmmm... makes me wonder (wink! wink!)

;)

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Are you in charge of it? If so, all we need is something to show that it is indeed genuine not just a website.

Do you have anything from RJJ in writing that they received your proposal? If not, perhaps you should ask so that we can see it on these forums- preferably a fax.

Thanks

Again if you were participating in the thread before this was discussed. I am currently working on getting the contract however... on the phone call when we were discussing things people in the background brought up the newsletters and said Ron Paul is a racist. I sent over some links by email for them to review..... one was the interview with the NAACP President

oldjersey
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Go F' yourself. I have no connection to this other than being a Ron Paul supporter. Some of us actually do productive campaign actions instead of posting on a forum all day.

This campaign is built on trust, if you don't trust something, then don't donate. Otherwise STFU Mr. whole 9 posts.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Actually, it appear that whatever post you are referring to has been eliminated. By quoting it you are the one that is now preserving the website. Can you please go back and edit that out?

Thanks.

Actually the post was edited (by a mod or himself I don't know) and it seems that when a post is edited it's not possible to quote the original post because I don't see the link in my own message either anymore. Anyway thanks for the concern.

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Actually the post was edited (by a mod or himself I don't know) and it seems that when a post is edited it's not possible to quote the original post because I don't see the link in my own message either anymore. Anyway thanks for the concern.

admin took it down. However I have asked him to call me to hear my intentions. With that said .... I have absolutely no reason to scam anyone. I make my own money an honest way.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Go F' yourself. I have no connection to this other than being a Ron Paul supporter. Some of us actually do productive campaign actions instead of posting on a forum all day.

This campaign is built on trust, if you don't trust something, then don't donate. Otherwise STFU Mr. whole 9 posts.

The website has, for the time being, been recognized as suspicious. If one of the first replies in that very topic replies with a link to that same website and a call to donate further then I'd like to see that removed..

call me stupid..

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Again if you were participating in the thread before this was discussed. I am currently working on getting the contract however... on the phone call when we were discussing things people in the background brought up the newsletters and said Ron Paul is a racist. I sent over some links by email for them to review..... one was the interview with the NAACP President

So there is no guarantee this will happen- it's all up in the air.

I cannot support something that is "questionable" if it will occur. The groundwork needs to be set in stone.

Someone relatively newbie posted something like this a few months ago about having an ad ready in the New York Times- well, he actually did not and was hoping it will go through with enough funding. Everybody abandoned him. So you have to have the ground work before anything else to moves forward or established credibility.

I am not saying you are a newbie but it seems you have not developed enough credibility nor ground work done to support this project.

Let us know what happens soon if whether they will support it or not. If so, show us the proof.

Thanks.

leipo
01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
admin took it down. However I have asked him to call me to hear my intentions. With that said .... I have absolutely no reason to scam anyone. I make my own money an honest way.

I believe you and even if it's a scam, i will get my money back via paypal chargeback as i have a perfect record.

mstrmac1
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I believe you and even if it's a scam, i will get my money back via paypal chargeback as i have a perfect record.

I believe him also... I just think he is having a harder time getting this done than he thought. But like any good idea it takes time.. Give it time..

surf
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
well, i am looking forward to the proof and, again, appreciate your work here, heath. i'm in (with the proof).
good luck.
i think HBO should kick in - i wouldn't buy this fight otherwise.

edit: i'm bummed - i sent the original thread link to some friends and a local sports radio station... it this gets going, i'll do it again

jake
01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
we'll get behind the idea as soon as it is ready to go ..

mstrmac1
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Give it time... and wait for updates...

spiteface
Great work Heath!! Hope you can get this through.

Cyclone

Sir, honest men tend to understand that people expect to see contracts before giving fifty thousand dollars to a total stranger who doesn't have any actual agreement with anyone for anything.

I find it terribly suspicious that you are reacting with indignation when you yourself have stated that you do not have a deal in place.

Assuming that I can take you at your word, what on earth are you having people send money to buy if you don't have a deal in place yet? A hope? A dream? Typically, those come a little cheaper in my experience.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM

Well, I'd like to believe you. But if this is the case than learn from your mistake in approaching this. You started a chipin before you even had the website up and running, and you know as well as I do that a Chipin is not a pledge but people that Chipin actually send the money and it's gone. And as of yet there is still no real evidence that this ad could be done, or that you have even been in contact with anyone even remotely affiliated with RJjr.

You could discuss your idea here, you could start the website, you could ask people to pledge, you could show some contractual evidence or ask RJjr's management to send a short fax to an admin of this forum and then you could start a Chipin.

If you would have followed that order in approaching this you would have the money within a day. But starting a Chipin at step 1 and then failing to show any evidence to back your claim doesn't make you look very legitimate.

If you are legitimate then please go through with this. But provide some evidence before you accept further Chipins. You have seen how big the support would be for your proposal, and if you can prove that you can pull it off you'll have the money within a day and will even get your 5 minutes of fame in the regular media.

You'll even get 100 USD from myself, and most likely from ElecricChurch as well. If you are legit and if you can prove it.

spiteface
Keep up the good fight Heath!

Ron2Win
If this were fake he would just say, yeah it's happening. Yet he is saying, they are reconsidering due to the racist claims....

Also this idea is so original , that I believe it.

But hey, that's me.

Ron2Win
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, I'd like to believe you. But if this is the case than learn from your mistake in approaching this. You started a chipin before you even had the website up and running, and you know as well as I do that a Chipin is not a pledge but people that Chipin actually send the money and it's gone. And as of yet there is still no real evidence that this ad could be done, or that you have even been in contact with anyone even remotely affiliated with RJjr.

You could discuss your idea here, you could start the website, you could ask people to pledge, you could show some contractual evidence or ask RJjr's management to send a short fax to an admin of this forum and then you could start a Chipin.

If you would have followed that order in approaching this you would have the money within a day. But starting a Chipin at step 1 and then failing to show any evidence to back your claim doesn't make you look very legitimate.

If you are legitimate then please go through with this. But provide some evidence before you accept further Chipins. You have seen how big the support would be for your proposal, and if you can prove that you can pull it off you'll have the money within a day and will even get your 5 minutes of fame in the regular media.

You'll even get 100 USD from myself, and most likely from ElecricChurch as well. If you are legit and if you can prove it.
Lol, we have like 6 days to get it done.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
If this were fake he would just say, yeah it's happening. Yet he is saying, they are reconsidering due to the racist claims....

Also this idea is so original , that I have no reason to believe it.

But hey, that's me.

Do you mean no reason NOT to believe it?

;)

I agree with you. However, you always need physical proof for any business transaction/ political transaction- However, you want to call it.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 01:41 PM

This was what I was referring to. You are currently working on the deal.

Ok, so, when you have the details worked out, such as where the ad will be placed, on a t-shirt as you mentioned in the other thread, or on his back, as you also mentioned, how much it will cost, if it is legal, if the FEC will allow you to accept money for this venture without a PAC, if the boxing commission will allow this without fining Roy Jones, Jr., etc. etc. etc. (all details you mentioned were up in the air), then post the contract where we can all read it and then people will have to decide if 50k is better spent on this or on the TV ads that folks are trying to get funded to spread throughout South Carolina, or on dozens of newspaper ads in small papers (that worked for us in one county in Iowa), or any other project that needs funding.

Ron2Win
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Do you mean no reason NOT to believe it?

;)

I agree with you. However, you always need physical proof for any business transaction/ political transaction- However, you want to call it.

Ooops, yeah.

Btw his address and everything is there. Hardly the actions of a sccammer.

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I gave a donation last night. I just spoke with the guy this morning and he said Roy Jones Jr. is looking over the contract

What guy? Roy Jones or the guy that claimed he knew someone who knew someone who knew him?

Roy Jones is looking over the Contract?! Funny boxers usually have managers to look over there finances.
If it even exists,I would be very shocked and surprised to find out Roy Jones is personally looking over a contract that promises him money which the person admits they don't have.

but it looks good. If we don't get the contract, we get our donation back.

Yes, funny thing is a similar thing happened to me the other day!
I got an email from South Africa from someone who had inherited 50 million dollars and they said they just needed $500 for a transaction fee and they would give me 25 million.

I was of course skeptical but got an email from his orphan son saying he had talked to his father and it was true. His father would send me the money.

Funny, you sound a lot like him. God bless both your hearts.

Wake up people

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
So, I have a great idea. To prove this guy is legit, all people who have donated should ask for their money back - as a show of goodwill on his part - and then when the thing gets done and a contract is produced all those people can donate again.

Unless of course they decide they would like to help others on this board who are trying to get the TV ads funded for South Carolina.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I was of course skeptical but got an email from his orphan son saying he had talked to his father and it was true. His father would send me the money.

I understand where you're coming from but you did make a rather funny mistake there :D

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Guys as you know this is a work in progress. We are very close to having things finalized and I think it will be very huge to the campaign. If you want to donate fine.... if not don't be a goober and jack up the thread. If we are not able to secure advertising for this fight we will refund any and all proceeds we have received.

The link to the site is in my signature. Also all contact information can be found on the web site. I am working very diligently to make this happen.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Guys as you know this is a work in progress. We are very close to having things finalized and I think it will be very huge to the campaign. If you want to donate fine.... if not don't be a goober and jack up the thread. If we are not able to secure advertising for this fight we will refund any and all proceeds we have received.

The link to the site is in my signature. Also all contact information can be found on the web site. I am working very diligently to make this happen.

Please send us something legit ASAP so we can all get behind this.

This is really a good idea.

Thanks!!!

Phantom
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
This could be sorted out quite easily.

Once heath.whiteaker has the signed contract, all he has to do is fax it through to someone at HQ along with the full name and home phone number of his contact, then once an official from the Ron Paul camp has confirmed that the fight is on and notifies Admin here, Admin could then open a thread where we can donate.

If it is not confirmed from HQ my $100 is going into the MLK pot.

If it is confirmed and we fail to raise the needed amount, I think the Ron Paul campaign fund should pay the rest. They would be silly not to. What a great opportunity it would be.

JAHOGS
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
If this doesn't work(funds) maybe we can make a run at the Taylor vs. Pavlik fight? There fight is coming up in February but I believe it is after Super Tuesday. Just an idea.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
This could be sorted out quite easily.

Once heath.whiteaker has the signed contract, all he has to do is fax it through to someone at HQ along with the full name and home phone number of his contact, then once an official from the Ron Paul camp has confirmed that the fight is on and notifies Admin here, Admin could then open a thread where we can donate.

If it is not confirmed from HQ my $100 is going into the MLK pot.

If it is confirmed and we fail to raise the needed amount, I think the Ron Paul campaign fund should pay the rest. They would be silly not to. What a great opportunity it would be.

This is all grassroots. Campaign involvement with grassroots projects would be illegal.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM

The thing that most labels you as a scammer is the fact that you still don't say something like alright guys.. I approached this the wrong way. Hold your horses and let me prove my legitimacy. I'll ask Roy's management to contact one of the admins so that you can have the solid proof that you desire. Please do stick by me through this project as it WILL happen. Evidence will follow later today

You don't do that.. You choose to say donate anyway

If you are as legit as you say you are, then why don't you change your course of action?

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
The thing that most labels you as a scammer is the fact that you still don't say something like alright guys.. I approached this the wrong way. Hold your horses and let me prove my legitimacy. I'll ask Roy's management to contact one of the admins so that you can have the solid proof that you desire. Please do stick by me through this project as it WILL happen. Evidence will follow later today

If you are as legit as you say you are, then why don't you change your course of action?

I'm sorry. I'm not an an English Major. I have spoken to Bryan on the phone and we are looking at teaming up with a PAC for this. If you have questions why not call or PM... the info is out there... you just choose not to follow up kind of like your buddy church.

tom4ronpaul08
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
heath i just seen were you sent my money back yesterday just let me know if you get lined out and i will send you more i would like to see this happen ....

Dear thomas *******,

Technology Consultants of Florida (********@emmausdesigns.com) has issued you a
full or partial refund for your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Message From Seller:
Looks like people are having a problem with this... So here is your money back.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Original Payment Details

Date Payment Sent: Jan. 13, 2008

Amount: $20.00 USD

Sincerely,
PayPal

Phantom
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
This is all grassroots. Campaign involvement with grassroots projects would be illegal.

Thanks KewlRonduderules, I had no idea.

In that case, Admin here would have to confirm it before I depart with my money.

tom4ronpaul08
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
and for you guys calling heath a scammer here is were he sent my money back yesterday i was one of the first do donate

heath.whiteaker
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
heath i just seen were you sent my money back yesterday just let me know if you get lined out and i will send you more i would like to see this happen ....

Dear thomas *******,

Technology Consultants of Florida (********@emmausdesigns.com) has issued you a
full or partial refund for your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

Message From Seller:
Looks like people are having a problem with this... So here is your money back.

Original Payment Details

Date Payment Sent: Jan. 13, 2008

Amount: $20.00 USD

Sincerely,
PayPal

Thank You sir. It was sent back because I didn't think it was coming together especially with Church and Hanoi.

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I understand where you're coming from but you did make a rather funny mistake there :D

That was actually the real email:D It is rather funny, but not for the people who had their hard earned cash taken from them.

Bryan
01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Just an FYI, but I have spoken with Heath and we are working on a solution.

Please stay tuned... :)

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry. I'm not an an English Major. I have spoken to Bryan on the phone and we are looking at teaming up with a PAC for this. If you have questions why not call or PM... the info is out there... you just choose not to follow up kind of like your buddy church.

HEY, Buddy, you are WAY out of line here. The man is asking reasonable questions.

What on earth can he follow up on when even you say that nothing has been decided?

You have no right to jump on people just because they legitimately want to know where their money is going.

And whining that you are not an English Major makes me question you even more.

You are asking for 50k from the folks on this board and you don't even have any kind of deal in place.

Don't you dare attack people on this board for questioning you. Don't you dare.

kushaze
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
This is a badass idea. I am going to donate as much as I can for this, because I am such a huge boxing fan.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Thank You sir. It was sent back because I didn't think it was coming together especially with Church and Hanoi.

Well.. I'd like you to get it together. But even you should understand where the skepticism comes from. If you are legit than just have someone from RJjr's team contact one of the admins on this board.

It is not a strange thing to ask for considering that the claim of this grassroot effort is rather out there. It's not that different from someone claiming that they can get U2 to sing an endorsement if we manage to get 50 k together in 5 days. Whenever people encounter such a claim, caution is advised.

So I'd suggest you to get off this forum and get your proof together! Once you do you'll have me on your side, until you do I'd advise against any donation. If you are legit and have half a brain (and it seems you do, whether you're legit or not) you should understand this point of view.

Hurry up man, there are only 2 days left!

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM

Give me a break. Now you are whining that your whole scheme is falling apart with Roy Jones Jr. because of two members on this board? You are the one that jumped the gun on this one and you still are. Why don't you go away until you have something worked out?

Now you are using the oldest trick in the book, get the kiddies who are behind you to attack Church and Hanoi, the ones who are questioning you so that no further dissent will follow.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Did you honest folks here see those colorful sample tattoo adds?

I've been a rabid boxing fan for more than 30 years.... No way would a famous fighter like RJjr, said to be pound for pound one of the greatest fighters of all time, wear such a colorful tattoo, chosen by Ron Paul supporters like he was some kind of walking mindless billboard, making a political statement for someone he's not gonna vote for, in front of a sold out Madison Square Gardens, http://www.thegarden.com/boxing/ in front of millions of fans around the world for a measly 50,000 rapidly depreciating US dollars. He’s a multi, multi millionaire with an 88-acre ranch in Cantonment, Fla where he raises 1,200 birds, 50 dogs, 60 pigs, 13 horses and 18 cows.

If this were true you could raise 5 times that amount in one day to get him to wear RP shorts, shoes. gloves and a nice big Ron Paul boxing robe to match. I’d definitely would chip in to see that

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Can you two kids fight over private messages. I am waiting for Bryan to weigh in.

VoluntaryMan
HEY, Buddy, you are WAY out of line here. The man is asking reasonable questions.

What on earth can he follow up on when even you say that nothing has been decided?

You have no right to jump on people just because they legitimately want to know where their money is going.

And whining that you are not an English Major makes me question you even more.

You are asking for 50k from the folks on this board and you don't even have any kind of deal in place.

Don't you dare attack people on this board for questioning you. Don't you dare.

Then call the man. I have. He's easy to reach. His phone number is all over the place. You're the one who is doing nothing but bitching (you and a few others). If you have concerns (and no one says you shouldn't exercise healthy skepticism), then ACT on them. Follow up. Research. Do something more productive than spreading uninformed negativity. He's about to be on Jack Blood's GCN radio show. Tune in. Do something.

KewlRonduderules
Can you two kids fight over private messages. I am waiting for Bryan to weigh in.

DItto.

Thanks!

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Don't forget the RP boxing shoes with red and blue tassels. :)

Phantom
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
tom4ronpaul08

I have yet to accuse him of anything, I am just being cautious.

I want my money to go towards helping Ron Paul in the best way possible and to have the opportunity to donate towards an advert that will be (fake) tattooed on the back of RJ would be right up my street and I would consider that to be the best way I could spend my $100 to help Ron Paul.

For now, I am just going to wait for Admin approval.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Then call the man. I have. He's easy to reach. His phone number is all over the place. You're the one who is doing nothing but bitching (you and a few others). If you have concerns (and no one says you shouldn't exercise healthy skepticism), then ACT on them. Follow up. Research. Do something more productive than spreading uninformed negativity. He's about to be on Jack Blood's GCN radio show. Tune in. Do something.

What do you want me to do? Put a tap on his phone?

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:17 PM
"Who is Ron Paul" boxing shorts...that otta do it. :)

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Call the Huckabee camp...see if they can get Trinidad into some Huckabee shorts...might as well make it competitive.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Give me a break. Now you are whining that your whole scheme is falling apart with Roy Jones Jr. because of two members on this board? You are the one that jumped the gun on this one and you still are. Why don't you go away until you have something worked out?

Now you are using the oldest trick in the book, get the kiddies who are behind you to attack Church and Hanoi, the ones who are questioning you so that no further dissent will follow.

Thanks for your support but he actually has a lot of support on this forum already and you'll probably get personal attacks yourself for questioning his motives.

I can understand where the support comes from, a story like this is easy to believe. It's the kind of story that you want to believe, and supporters of it tend to get rather fanatic.

I'm not by definition against his idea. If he could pull something like this off than it would be awesome and I'd encourage everyone to stand behind it. I would however advise caution because the claim is rather out there and all evidence supporting it comes from the man itself for the time being. And even if he can be called. Well, there are a lot of scam artists in the world and most of them are rather intelligent and convincing. It would be nice to see some proof from a source that has a relation with Ray Jones junior before too many donations are made. That's all.. If he really has the contacts than that could be verified by one of the admins.

He doesn't have to see that as a personal attack. He just has to get this proof together, it should be easy enough for someone who is in continuous contact with RJjr's management. If he does than we can get this thing going, he'll have my full support.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:22 PM
What do you want me to do? Put a tap on his phone?

Uh. Yeah. Sure. You do that.:rolleyes:

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
This was posted over at DP. Any response?

*****ALERT***** I JUST CALLED ROY JONES JR INC IN FLA.
On January 14th, 2008 Eyes Wide Open says:

THIS IS A SCAM!!!
I just got off the phone with a person named "Linda" who has been with Roy Jones jr for 15 years and she stated that she hasn't heard anything about this and is calling Roy Jones jr right now. She went on to state that she doubts that Roy would ever promote any candidate ever. He does not want to use his popularity to effect public sentiment one way or another for any candidate. As she and I discussed Roy has been an invitee to the white house and supporting one candidate over another is just something that is basically off-limits. She also stated that where they are fighting they do not allow boxers to put an advertising on their bodies and this is sort of beneath Roy Jones at this point in his career. I am still waiting on her call back but I emailed her this

That states the site owner is taking chip in donations for Ron Paul advertising so I strongly suggest you not donate to this and attempt to cancel the charges or get a refund whichever way you need to.

This is how i got in touch with the representative "linda" at this website:

http://www.yellowpages.co...

I am not sure we all want to be bothering her at once especially since she seems a little under the weather with a cold. But the phone number is there if a couple of people want to call in order to corroborate my information that is up to you but she is the only one answering the phone so i would not suggest we all blast her at once.

I don;t know who this person is that is saying he has spoken to Roy Jones jr inc. but I know I just did.
More details as I get it.

Edu
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM

If you are as legit as you say you are, then why don't you change your course of action?I Agree.
Even the "donation return" post could be faked.
And it doesn't matter if it's grassroots, if it's this big the campaign can pay out of their funds directly, so all we have to do is donate there, and we know where that goes.
If this is a PAC, then search http://www.fec.gov/ or http://opensecrets.org/pacs/index.asp

When they hear "$20 Million in one day", they all come out of the woodwork.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok, I will be pro-active.

To all those dying to depart with their money:

We have a big donation day called MLK day on January 21. Please save up and donate all you can on that day.

or,

There are other approved chip ins on the front page of this forum.

Nevada's caucus is coming up. I just read where someone paid for a whole billboard that says Ron Paul - No taxes on tips.

As a follow up to that, there is a chip in for ads in Nevada on the front page of this forum. That would help out a lot!

From what I have learned living in the center of the most Ron Paul signs per square feet in the country, they are not getting his message out. I made calls to everyone in my subdivision who also lives in the middle of more Ron Paul signs per square foot in the country and 90% of them had heard his name but did not know who he was, that he was running for president, or what his platform is. (All the signs around here say Ron Paul Revolution and Who Is Ron Paul or Ron Paul pro gun or Ron Paul pro life or Ron Paul pro firefighters, the list goes on and on. No one thought to put up one that said Ron Paul for President and my owners association doesn't allow yard signs).

So you all might want to think about that.

Another piece of info: in Iowa, we did very well in one county where some folks blanketed the area with Ron Paul ads in newspapers. They were able to put a lot of ads in a lot of papers because they put them into small papers.

You decide which is more effective, because at this point we are trying to win votes.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM

THIS IS A SCAM!!!
I just got off the phone with a person named "Linda" who has been with Roy Jones jr for 15 years and she stated that she hasn't heard anything about this and is calling Roy Jones jr right now. She went on to state that she doubts that Roy would ever promote any candidate ever. He does not want to use his popularity to effect public sentiment one way or another for any candidate. As she and I discussed Roy has been an invitee to the white house and supporting one candidate over another is just something that is basically off-limits. She also stated that where they are fighting they do not allow boxers to put an advertising on their bodies and this is sort of beneath Roy Jones at this point in his career. I am still waiting on her call back but I emailed her this

That states the site owner is taking chip in donations for Ron Paul advertising so I strongly suggest you not donate to this and attempt to cancel the charges or get a refund whichever way you need to.

I am not sure we all want to be bothering her at once especially since she seems a little under the weather with a cold. But the phone number is there if a couple of people want to call in order to corroborate my information that is up to you but she is the only one answering the phone so i would not suggest we all blast her at once.

I don;t know who this person is that is saying he has spoken to Roy Jones jr inc. but I know I just did.

Send your discovery to Jack Blood at GCN radion (http://gcnlive.com/winampfreeNtwk3.m3u), then. He is about to interview Heath Whiteaker.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Thank you Brian. That poor lady is going to get flooded with calls.

tom4ronpaul08
01-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I Agree.
Even the "donation return" post could be faked.
And it doesn't matter if it's grassroots, if it's this big the campaign can pay out of their funds directly, so all we have to do is donate there, and we know where that goes.
If this is a PAC, then search http://www.fec.gov/ or http://opensecrets.org/pacs/index.asp

When they hear "$20 Million in one day", they all come out of the woodwork. um dude are you insinuating that i am a liar ?

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Just got off the phone with Trinidad. He said if we could convince Roy to wear the "Who is Ron Paul?” shorts he'll pay the 50 grand himself. :rolleyes:

kushaze
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah I do remember that I heard somewhere that boxers are no longer allowed to advertise on their bodies.

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Thank you Brian for exposing this imposter. Everyone contact paypal NOW

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Thank you Brian for exposing this imposter. Everyone contact paypal NOW

imposters

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Glad that someone actually thought of going through the yellow pages to follow up on this claim. You did e-mail her the wrong weblink though, so maybe follow up with a link to the real website (am not going to post it but I figure you know it)

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Just to be clear, I was only copying from what someone else said at Daily Paul. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the link. (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/25520)

oldjersey
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for your support but he actually has a lot of support on this forum already and you'll probably get personal attacks yourself for questioning his motives.

I did not personally attack you first. You responded to my post about how awesome this would be by saying I was "most likely trying to lure a few more people in for the last crumbles of the pie."

Runnerguy
Now that this has been exposed I suggest anyone who despite are suggestions fell for this Contact paypal, police, whatever now.

The Minister
When is this going to come on? So far nothing.

I would assume that if he was lying all along then there is no interview.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Let us wait for Bryan the admin to post. I am waiting to hear what he has to say.

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Let us know if we can help in any way Bryan.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Brian and Bryan are two different people. Bryan is the admin. He has not posted as yet. I would trust his word. Let us all calm down and wait for him to post.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
When is this going to come on? So far nothing. But a great discussion about Senate bill 1959 that just passed. Go read it: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959

It is the Patriot Act on crack. It seems this bill just passed.

Sorry. In his opening statement, he said, "Heath Whiteaker from Paulenteers will be with us in the 2nd hour, to discuss a campaign ad involving Roy Jones, Jr." So, it will probably be another 20 minutes or so.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Be aware, that con artists often give money back to the first few people who ask so they will look good, but the later people who ask are out of luck.

That is just general advice.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry. In his opening statement, he said, "Heath Whiteaker from Paulenteers will be with us in the 2nd hour, to discuss a campaign ad involving Roy Jones, Jr." So, it will probably be another 20 minutes or so.

NP. This guy is interesting anyway. That senate bill is frightening! 1959. Can you figure out if it has passed?

oldjersey
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Now that this has been exposed I suggest anyone who despite are suggestions fell for this Contact paypal, police, whatever now.

Why don't you wait until this gets vetted. You would trust a random comment reply on Daily Paul? This could be huge. If not, then contact people for a refund. But don't ruin a possibly awesome grassroots publicity effort.

It is not as if the guy organizing this is some random guy. He posts his contact info on the website.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
NP. This guy is interesting anyway. That senate bill is frightening! 1959. Can you figure out if it has passed?

Don't know. I was only passively listening.:o

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Everyone hold their horses until Bryan the admin posts. He is checking into the details. Calm down.

Paulite
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
So The Roy Jones Jr Thing Is A Scam. It Didnt Take Long For Con Artist Tryiong To Infiltrate These Forums And Start Their Own Shit

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Tinidad just upped his offer for the "Who is Ron Paul?" shorts to 60 grand if we can get Roy ta wear em:)

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
So The Roy Jones Jr Thing Is A Scam. It Didnt Take Long For Con Artist Tryiong To Infiltrate These Forums And Start Their Own Shit

Well actually nothing is really confirmed yet. The post exposing it as a scam could be a fake as well. But it does look fishy enough now for people not to donate and that's a good thing. Don't donate to unconfirmed bold claims! Ask for evidence first! And I hope everyone will remember that for the future as well.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Please people this is NOT a scam ( at least not confirmed). Let's wait for Bryan to see what he has to say about this.

[edit/forum guidelines]

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM

Cons have been on this forum since the beginning. they even give the impression that they aint cons...which is why they are cons

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I doubt it is a scam, but I am waiting for Bryan to post. Everyone calm down.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Please people this is NOT a scam ( at least not confirmed). Let's wait for Bryan to see what he has to say about this.

As for Cyclone, you are doing an excellent job of disrupting the grassroots efforts. You have a history of doing this.

Not cool at all

Anyone can look at your previous posts. You even criticized Leonard harshly for his ads.

You get a thumbs down in my book.

According to a recent poll on this forum, 1 out of every 20 posters here is only here to disrupt the campain, by their own admission (actual number may be higher).

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
According to a recent poll on this forum, 1 out of every 20 posters here is only here to disrupt the campain, by their own admission (actual number may be higher).

I am not saying he is here to disrupt or an agent saboteur but he is doing one heck of a job disrupting things right now.

Paulite
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
and notice how the only one reporting mone returnrd to him (tomforronpaul08) joined like 5 days ago. dupe account

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM

I wrote something up about this project when it was first starting yesterday. It was my intention to promote another cool grassroots project but I didn't intend for anyone to donate until they were personally comfortable doing so.

My website is now getting popular enough that places like Gambling911.com link to it so everything sort of exploded from there.

Just to be clear, I am not affiliated with the project nor is anyone from The Paulunteer.

I apologize for any confusion.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Am curious to hear the guy speak on Jack Blood though. He'll be on.. scamartist or not. It'll give him a chance to name his website live on Jack Blood, that'd reach a much much bigger audience than this forum did and will give him a few thousand pageviews and probably at least 100 donations.

If he is indeed a scam artist than that is pretty sad actually. He'll rake in the most money after being exposed..

Anyway, expect him to be convincing. And somehow i feel less responsibility for the listeners to Jack Bloods radioshow than to the viewers of this forum anyway. have been reading here for quite a while but didn't post until yesterday when I saw how everyone was supporting this idea without having any facts)

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
and notice how the only one reporting mone returnrd to him (tomforronpaul08) joined like 5 days ago. dupe account

+100

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM

You may be right, but lets wait for Bryan. Lets not kill a potential legitimate project for speculative purposes.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Well actually nothing is really confirmed yet. The post exposing it as a scam could be a fake as well. But it does look fishy enough now for people not to donate and that's a good thing. Don't donate to unconfirmed bold claims! Ask for evidence first! And I hope everyone will remember that for the future as well.

Most of these donation drives that are exclusive to this forum and have chip in or paypal accounts that do not go directly to the campaign have no solid evidence

A website is not evidence

a proposal is not evidence (such as in this case a few designs of printed adds whether proposed on someone’s back or in some local newspaper)

a whole bunch of usernames saying it's a good idea is not evidence

Usernames saying they donated is not evidence (one forum member can have many usernames appearing as many donations)

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Sorry, I didn't originally quote what Kewl said above, so I am posting it here so my post makes sense.

As for Cyclone, you are doing an excellent job of disrupting the grassroots efforts. You have a history of doing this.

Not cool at all

Anyone can look at your previous posts. You even criticized Leonard harshly for his ads.

You get a thumbs down in my book.

To those that are interested in truth, you can go to my link below to see how evil I was to poor Leonard for his ads.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40118&highlight=llepard

Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

About:

Thank you Llepard!!!! and everyone else

Thank you llepard From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for what you have done for Ron Paul and for all of us here. That was truly inspiring. I ran out this morning at 6 am to get a copy of the paper.

I get a lump in my throat when I think of all the things people do for Ron Paul and for the cause. This is a day early, but I want to thank everyone and let them know how grateful I am to all for supporting this cause.

We will truly have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Wow, that was harsh. I wonder how he stood that? Kewl, go back into your little hole. I would say that anyone that is trying to scam the grassroots is trying to hurt it, or are you talking about the grassroots for another campaign?

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I wrote something up about this project when it was first starting yesterday. It was my intention to promote another cool grassroots project but I didn't intend for anyone to donate until they were personally comfortable doing so.

My website is now getting popular enough that places like Gambling911.com link to it so everything sort of exploded from there.

Just to be clear, I am not affiliated with the project nor is anyone from The Paulunteer.

I apologize for any confusion.

Just repeating what the announcer said. Didn't mean to spread disinformation. He just mentioned, again, that Heath Whiteaker is coming up in 30 minutes.

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Is there a ignore button on these forums?

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40118&highlight=llepard

Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

About:

Thank you Llepard!!!! and everyone else

Thank you llepard From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you for what you have done for Ron Paul and for all of us here. That was truly inspiring. I ran out this morning at 6 am to get a copy of the paper.

I get a lump in my throat when I think of all the things people do for Ron Paul and for the cause. This is a day early, but I want to thank everyone and let them know how grateful I am to all for supporting this cause.

We will truly have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Wow, that was harsh. I wonder how he stood that? Kewl, go back into your little hole. I would say that anyone that is trying to scam the grassroots is trying to hurt it, or are you talking about the grassroots for another campaign?

Correction, my bad. It was not for his ads. Sorry about that part only. (I'lld edit my post) It was about Lew Rockwell. You did say some harsh things but you already edited them out.

Nevertheless, my point remains the same- you stir up a lot of controversy. I've already seen it a few times already.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Just repeating what the announcer said. Didn't mean to spread disinformation. He just mentioned, again, that Heath Whiteaker is coming up in 30 minutes.

He also mentioned that heath and his people have been in touch with both Don King and RJjr himself. And he mentioned they have gotten about 3 k out of the 100 k that they think they need. Not exactly what he has been saying here but lets wait what he has to say for himself. Listen here:

http://jackblood.netfirms.com/home/listen.html

But be noted:
If he is a scamartist he will sound convincing as hell. This forum has been peanuts, he couldn't reach more than a few thousand people here. This radio show has a few hundred thousand listeners I believe and most support Ron Paul so he will sound convincing, ask for money, and refer people to his website This will not necessarily mean that he is legit, it might as well mean that he is trying to make some real money right now.

Anyway, anxious to hear from him.

thegr8drronpaul
01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Sorry, have to keep this going.

I donated $50 to this last night. After reading the skepticism, I just emailed Heath to ask if I could be refunded until this is proven to be legit. I wrote that if this does pan out, I'd double my contribution, but I'd like to see something concrete. FWIW, he did refund immediately. I personally don't have a reason not to trust him, but I did get ahead of myself without research and thought I'd be safe. Let's just play the waiting game I guess.

break4me
01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, but this forum is a great starting point for getting some initial donations built up to look legit to a larger audience.

Still waiting for proof...

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:19 PM

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Well, I don't see any response to this.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
How about giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens? Bryan is already involved.

Patience all...

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Am curious to hear the guy speak on Jack Blood though. He'll be on.. scamartist or not. It'll give him a chance to name his website live on Jack Blood, that'd reach a much much bigger audience than this forum did and will give him a few thousand pageviews and probably at least 100 donations.

If he is indeed a scam artist than that is pretty sad actually. He'll rake in the most money after being exposed..

Anyway, expect him to be convincing. And somehow i feel less responsibility for the listeners to Jack Bloods radioshow than to the viewers of this forum anyway. have been reading here for quite a while but didn't post until yesterday when I saw how everyone was supporting this idea without having any facts)

The more appropriate course would have been, for future reference, for everyone's benefit, to strongly advise caution, and to withhold donations, UNTIL evidence is forthcoming, instead of dismissing a project, out of hand, and residually discouraging future contributions to all campaign projects. Why damage all other projects through extreme negativity? What's the upside of that? Just wait for evidence. If the evidence never comes, you haven't lost a dime, and you haven't sunk a hundred other, legitimate, projects, by spreading hysteria. No hazard in remaining calm.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
FWIW, he did refund immediately.

proof?

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
The more appropriate course would have been, for future reference, for everyone's benefit, to strongly advise caution, and to withhold donations, UNTIL evidence is forthcoming, instead of dismissing a project, out of hands, and residually discouraging future contributions to all campaign projects. Why damage all other projects through extreme negativity. What's the upside of that? Just wait for evidence. If the evidence never comes, you haven't lost a dime, and you haven't sunk a hundred other, legitimate, projects, by spreading hysteria. No hazard in remaining calm.

+1

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:26 PM
The more appropriate course would have been, for future reference, for everyone's benefit, to strongly advise caution, and to withhold donations, UNTIL evidence is forthcoming,......

That's the key....SOLID evidence

Bryan
01-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Here is the plan.

The first will be as-is, and when complete Heath will send the money to AdamT's The American Liberty Coalition PAC. If the full $50K total (from both chip-ins) is not raised then the money will be refunded. The American Liberty Coalition PAC will source the funding to the boxer.

The second chip-in will go directly to The American Liberty Coalition PAC. If the full $50K total (from both chip-ins) is not raised then the money will be used for other Ron Paul advertising projects as desired by the PAC. For sizable donations you may want to pre-arrange some details.

In all cases, you must supply FEC info for large donations ($100?) which includes name and employer- this is standard for a PAC. The American Liberty Coalition has done some excellent work and was responsible for the winning YouTube debate commercial, "Something Big". See: http://www.alcpac.com. The $5,000 PAC limit applies as normal too.

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM

I totally understand. I just wanted to make sure this was known.

thegr8drronpaul
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
In response to Church's questioning ...

Here's the paypal transaction ...

I'm just a stay at home mom here. I'm an official precinct captain in Maricopa County.

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan. 13, 2008 Payment To Technology Consultants of Florida Refunded Details -$50.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan. 14, 2008 Refund Completed ... $50.00 USD

Business Name:
Technology Consultants of Florida
Email:
stephanie@emmausdesigns.com

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
So Bryan is backing it. ANybody can trust him!

So there, the project is legit!!!

As for Cyclone, thumbs down. Way down for the above post. You rushed to judgement and you assumed it was a scam. Not cool.

You should always give people the benefit of the doubt. You didn't and almost hurt this effort. Not cool.

And if you look at my post, you will see I criticized him in a constructive way. You didn't. You really should think about what you say in the future because it can stir up a lot.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Here is the plan.

Which means you back his claim and have seen evidence of his legitimacy? I am surprised. Alright, let's get behind it then.

Who did you talk to btw? (not questioning you)

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Here is the plan.

Thanks, Bryan, for your diligent and prompt intercession.

reverse
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
In response to Church's questioning ...

Church's questioning isn't the problem here, as I think anyone has the right to be concerned. It's the blatant shoving of his opinion down our throats that is downright annoying.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Here is the plan.

So what has been decided with the Roy Jones camp? What are people chipping in to buy?

tom4ronpaul08
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
You may be right, but lets wait for Bryan. Lets not kill a potential legitimate project for speculative purposes. you are correct i did join just like 5 days ago..... i never came here very often ... i have no connection to heath ... i just liked the idea ... i made a post about getting rons name on a nascar i thought that would be cool but i dont know anybody in nascar .. i think i was one of the first to donate yesterday and every body jumped on his shit because he was not trevor ...? so he refunded my money yesterday .... if this is a scam then i fell for it but he sent my money back ... so WTF ... but to insinuate that i am a liar or a scam artist .... is over the top .... so fuck all of you who said that ... if any body here is dumb enough to donate money to something and they cant afford to lose the money then they are an idiot plain and simple ..... just don't do it ... but i sent him 20 bucks because i thought it was a cool idea to get rons name on rjjs back .... if it did not happen oh well ..... i lost half an hour of work ..... :eek: big deal i can live with it ..... i do have to admit this is the first time i have ever run into such hostile ron paul supporters ... every one on my myspace is cool ass hell ... and every body in my meet up is cool .... whats the deal with the flamers here ? i like an idea ...i send a chip in ....i get the money back ... and now im a fake account scam artist .... lol

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
The more appropriate course would have been, for future reference, for everyone's benefit, to strongly advise caution, and to withhold donations, UNTIL evidence is forthcoming, instead of dismissing a project, out of hand, and residually discouraging future contributions to all campaign projects. Why damage all other projects through extreme negativity. What's the upside of that? Just wait for evidence. If the evidence never comes, you haven't lost a dime, and you haven't sunk a hundred other, legitimate, projects, by spreading hysteria. No hazard in remaining calm.

Which is exactly what I did. I stated before that I'd like to back it if there was any evidence but there was none whatsoever. I called upon Heath to provide some before starting a Chipin but he just reacted in an offended fashion. Bryan seems to be backing it now though and I'll take it that he has gone into it. I'll rest assured and support the effort, let's get positive.

Jaykzo
01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Many of you could have made this a lot less painful by acting a bit more mature and not jumping to conclusions.

Bryan
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
So Bryan is backing it. ANybody can trust him!

So there, the project is legit!!!
No, not anyone. Besides, the money does not go to me.

Which means you back his claim and have seen evidence of his legitimacy? I am surprised. Alright, let's get behind it then.

Who did you talk to btw? (not questioning you)
I'm trying to be quick on this, but it is up to the individual to determine the legitimacy. The best that I can do is verify there are no obvious false claims.

The point is however, there will be an option to fund this via a source that has been indepentent of it, has a proven track record and the PAC infrastructure already in place.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Heath is on now.

KewlRonduderules
01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Cyclone,

Pay attention. This is how you do constructive criticism:

So there is no guarantee this will happen- it's all up in the air.

I cannot support something that is "questionable" if it will occur. The groundwork needs to be set in stone.

Someone relatively newbie posted something like this a few months ago about having an ad ready in the New York Times- well, he actually did not and was hoping it will go through with enough funding. Everybody abandoned him. So you have to have the ground work before anything else to moves forward or established credibility.

I am not saying you are a newbie but it seems you have not developed enough credibility nor ground work done to support this project.

Let us know what happens soon if whether they will support it or not. If so, show us the proof.

Thanks.

;)

No hard feelings.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Church's questioning isn't the problem here, as I think anyone has the right to be concerned. It's the blatant shoving of his opinion down our throats that is downright annoying.

Nope...it's not legit

I don't care who here backs it up. I stand by what I said

Bryan
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
So what has been decided with the Roy Jones camp? What are people chipping in to buy?

More info in new thread that is to come. :)

emeriste
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I want to make this happen. Where should I chip in?

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

Ron2Win
Nope...it's not legit

I don't care who here backs it up. I stand by what I said
I think you are jealous.

KewlRonduderules
No, not anyone. Besides, the money does not go to me.

I'm trying to be quick on this, but it is up to the individual to determine the legitimacy. The best that I can do is verify there are no obvious false claims.

The point is however, there will be an option to fund this via a source that has been indepentent of it, has a proven track record and the PAC infrastructure already in place.

Sorry for misconstruing your statements. Nevertheless, backing the project has legitimate PAC's now.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Heath is on now.

link?

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
link?

http://gcnlive.com/winampfreeNtwk3.m3u

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I think you are jealous.

No way

I would love to see a Ron Paul tattoo on Jones' back for 50k

I hope I'm wrong

Cyclone
Well, Heath just claimed that Roy Jones only makes 300k for this fight so that is why he is willing to do this. Jack Blood said it will around 15 or 20 million.

Electric Church

site is down

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Heath also said that nothing has been worked out with the Jones' camp yet.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
I think you are jealous.

no he is a moron.

Electric Church
Well, he just claimed that Roy Jones only makes 300k for this fight. Jack Blood said it will around 15 or 20 million.

Who claimed Jones would make 300K?

ord33
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, he just claimed that Roy Jones only makes 300k for this fight. Jack Blood said it will around 15 or 20 million.

Yeah, I noticed that...and not ONE word from Heath after Jack Blood said that.

Must admit though, I'd be nervous being a regular joe and being on the radio. But then again, I wouldnt say that RJJ would only make $300k from this fight.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Heath did. He's still on:

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
no he is a moron.

don't jump on your horse too fast....nobody's backing any claims of evidence here

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Sorry, just edited my post. Heath said that and it was in response to why would RJJ do this.

Still listening. Will update.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Heath did. He's still on:

for some reason I can't get GCNlive

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
site is down

Not for me. I'm listening, right now. Are you just a trouble-maker?:confused:

ord33
01-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Heath also said the only thing stopping a contract now is the racism issue. Heath said on radio (as he did here) he sent over the statement from the NAACP leader to the RJJ camp.

rollingpig
01-14-2008, 03:49 PM
can someone youtube the fight? :D

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Not for me. I'm listening, right now. Are you just a trouble-maker?:confused:

No I can't get it

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.gcnlive.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I trust Bryan more than I trust you. So stop trying to sabotage. Just calm down and stop causing chaos.

Bryan's not saying this one way or the other. He's leaving it up to each person to verify

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Heath claims that Roy supports the Iraq war, he got busted for pot possession and he supports the Constitution.

Lord Xar
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
IF THIS HAPPENS.

Please make sure the proper colors are used on dark skin. Other fighters have done this, and many times it is a waste UNLESS PROPER COLORS ARE USED.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
No I can't get it

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.gcnlive.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

Keep trying, but the interview is almost over.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
He would not if he had any doubts. So, thanks for trying to save us, now leave us alone.

....it is up to the individual to determine the legitimacy. ....

I still believe it not to be legit and I'm entitled to that.

But if it were true I would be happy

reverse
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
IF THIS HAPPENS.

Please make sure the proper colors are used on dark skin. Other fighters have done this, and many times it is a waste UNLESS PROPER COLORS ARE USED.

The other thread was a good source of discussion for this, but I believe the thread has been removed.

Edu
01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
and now im a fake account scam artist .... lolNo, you MAY be a fake account, no way to tell, sorry.

EDIT: Found PAC on FEC site, anyone can verify (and always should) Search at:
http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/srssea.shtml
I entered "American Liberty" then look for "American Liberty Coalition".

You have to expect people to check these things out when someone asks for money.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Heath claims that Roy supports the Iraq war, he got busted for pot possession and he supports the Constitution.

He said that Jones opposes the war.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Confirmation needs to come from Roy Jones jr himself that for 50K he'll wear a colorful Ron Paul tattoo

DealzOnWheelz
if jones is worried about the racism stuff tell him to watch the Wolf Blitzer interview where he talks about pardoning nonviolent drug offenders which 67% of are african american

Electric Church
The information that he gave to Jack Blood was the same info he gave on this forum

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Well Electric,

I also still have strong doubts. But seeing how there will be a secure way to support this (through PAC) I'll encourage people to start supporting it already. I'd advise to donate through the more secure Chipin just to be sure. You can so why not?

I'll donate some through the PAC chipin later, if this project doesn't pull through the money will be spend on other useful efforts anyway so I wouldn't be throwing it away.

Right now I'm gonna hit the sack though. It's almost morning here.. crazy forum :P

Cheers all

I agree...if people can be protected from being ripped off...great

I'll leave it but I don't believe it

case closed

trey4sports
01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
alright, lets start getting the money to him.
im already excited, but uhhh how can we raise this type of money? itll be hard

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
You just want to believe what you want to believe. Donate to the PAC. Your money is safe there.

I hope I'm totally wrong and for 50k Jones wears a colorful Ron Paul tattoo

But as it stands now I don't believe one bit of it but since people are protected I'll drop it

bluto20
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
not only is roy jones, jr. a movie star (The Matrix, Matrix: Reloaded, The Sentinel) but he is also a great boxer who is fun to watch. go to http://www.ronpaulboxing.com/ and donate, donate, and DONATE!!!

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I hope I'm totally wrong and for 50k Jones wears a colorful Ron Paul tattoo

But as it stands now I don't believe one bit of it but since people are protected I'll drop it

Ok. Sounds fair. I admire your intent to protect people. I think the PAC should keep people safe.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
alright, lets start getting the money to him.
im already excited, but uhhh how can we raise this type of money? itll be hard

Should take less than a day.

Bryan
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
New thread is up:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=954829

noztnac
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Should take less than a day.

We need to donate now.

Everyone please give $5 or $10. Thanks.

noztnac
01-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Please contact:

Alex Jones

http://www.infowars.com/contact/index.html

and Adam Curry

adam@podshow.com

and ask them to help raise funds for the Roy Jones Jr. Ron Paul chipin.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=954829

Time is running out!

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
He said that Jones opposes the war.

Oops. Sorry. That is correct. Total error.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
People, this man has also made it very clear that nothing has been settled yet with the Roy Jones camp. He admitted it online.

So, if you want to fund this, go for it. I like to know what I am getting before I buy.

For example, if they decide, as Heath says in this post:

Ok. here is what is happening. We are close to having a contract however. They are checking to make sure he will not get fined for having this on his back. After the Golden Palace incident they were talking about fines..... His manager is checking to see if those fines are in place now. If so I will ask about maybe a T Shirt or some thing on the back of the shorts

Just sitting idle right now

If they decide to put Ron's name on a t shirt that the fighter might wave in the air at the end of the fight, or not get to wear at all if he is out cold, then none of you would be entitled to your money back.

With that in mind, you are grown ups.

Do what you want.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Let the contract come out. They should refund if you do not like it.

People, this man has also made it very clear that nothing has been settled yet with the Roy Jones camp. He admitted it online.

So, if you want to fund this, go for it. I like to know what I am getting before I buy.

For example, if they decide, as Heath says in this post:

Ok. here is what is happening. We are close to having a contract however. They are checking to make sure he will not get fined for having this on his back. After the Golden Palace incident they were talking about fines..... His manager is checking to see if those fines are in place now. If so I will ask about maybe a T Shirt or some thing on the back of the shorts

Just sitting idle right now

If they decide to put Ron's name on a t shirt that the fighter might wave in the air at the end of the fight, or not get to wear at all if he is out cold, then none of you would be entitled to your money back.

With that in mind, you are grown ups.

Do what you want.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Let the contract come out. They should refund if you do not like it.

Well, that assumes they will show you the contract between now and the fight. Where do you see that promise in writing? Did I miss it?

Up to you, I usually look at contract then give money, but that is me.

By the way, I am just curious, for all those that are donating right now...

What are you donating to? What deal are you imagining is in place, because whatever you say, I find it hard to believe that is true when the man asking for the money hasn't told anyone yet what is in place.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, that assumes they will show you the contract between now and the fight. Where do you see that promise in writing? Did I miss it?

What are you donating to? What deal are you imagining is in place, because whatever you say, I find it hard to believe that is true when the man asking for the money hasn't told anyone yet what is in place.

As I understand, details are coming soon. I will donate once that happens.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM

Everything is at point A

All donations are going into private hands before Roy Jones knows anything about it. It's an idea Jones has not even seen.
Anyone can call into the Jack Blood show

noztnac
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Don't forget to digg it!

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Revolution_to_sponsor_Roy_Jones_Jr

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
As I understand, details are coming soon. I will donate once that happens.

Me too. I wish they would get this deal worked out already!

Paulite
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
UPDATE!!

Here is the plan.

Paulite
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
the above was posted on the first page.

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Electric Church has repeatedly posted negative comments about this project. .

These are not negative comments they are questions and concerns.

People are to give money backed up by a PAC that isn't listed in any database

This is not negative or positive it’s inquisitive

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 05:12 PM
lol lol lol

I'm not underminig anything

the PAC you're talkin about doesn't seem to be in any database.

It's not listed as a PAC anywhere so far as I see

Addison
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
http://ronpaulonroyjonesjrback.chipin.com/roy-jones-jr-fight-ad

here is the chipin

noztnac
01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.aussiebox.com.au/Jonesroy1206.jpg

Roy Jones Jr. hasn't even done it yet and we are already getting publicity for it!
Look at this:

http://www.gambling911.com/Roy-Jones-Jr-Fight-Ron-Paul-011408.html

A lot of people on doghouseboxing.com are now rushing to find out who Ron Paul is. I recommend we all post positive things over there.

http://doghouseboxing.com/

Go to the message boards!
We can do it! Donate $5 now to make it happen!

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/fighters/fighters/royjonesjr.jpg

noztnac
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Free advertising has already been done without RJJ even stepping into the ring.

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-Roy-Jones-Jr-Large.jpg

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1953435/posts

noztnac
01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Now on infowars:
http://infowars.net/articles/january2008/140108Knockout.htm

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Free advertising has already been done without RJJ even stepping into the ring.

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-Roy-Jones-Jr-Large.jpg

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1953435/posts

:D:D:D

I hope he doen't get ink poisoning

Electric Church
01-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I tell ya ..all ya gotta do is get a hold of the Trinidad camp and they'll chip in for it

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Presented by the Federal Election Commission
Committees that match specified criteria:

AMERICAN LIBERTY COALITION; THE
Address: HANCOCK, WI 54943
Committee Designation: UNAUTHORIZED
Treasurer: CHRIS RYE
Committee Type: INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE(PERSON OR GROUP, NOT A COMMITTEE)

AMERICAN LIBERTY PAC
Address: ARLINGTON, VA 22201
Treasurer: SUSAN WATERMAN HRBEK
Committee Type: NON-PARTY NON-QUALIFIED

AMERICAN LIBERTY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
Address: WASHINGTON, DC 20016
Treasurer: Christopher J. Ward
Committee Type: QUALIFIED NON-PARTY

TAIWANESE AMERICAN LIBERTY FUND-PAC AKA TALF-PAC
Address: PISCATAWAY, NJ 08854
Treasurer: AH-LAN HUANG
Committee Type: NON-PARTY NON-QUALIFIED

Total of 4 Committee(s) matched criteria

TRY A: NEW SEARCH NEW ADVANCED SEARCH
RETURN TO: FEC HOME PAGE

http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norcomsea.shtml

Looks real to me

AdamT
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Presented by the Federal Election Commission
Committees that match specified criteria:

AMERICAN LIBERTY COALITION; THE
Address: HANCOCK, WI 54943
Committee Designation: UNAUTHORIZED
Treasurer: CHRIS RYE
Committee Type: INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE(PERSON OR GROUP, NOT A COMMITTEE)

Looks real to me

This is me.

Jae0
01-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Can you guys attack eachother in PMs or something so that it doesnt get in the way of the very important topic at hand?

I'll be able to donate Thursday. :)

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
up because boxing is awesome :D

bluto20
01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
bump!. i wanna see this go through!

Crickett
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, I believe you, think this is great idea. I do not know where they got info that RP was a racist. That is a ridiculous smear, and very surprising that he would even have heard of it. A racist word has never come out of his mouth.

Crickett
01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
He has been talking for 24 hours, for crying out loud. You can't please everyone all the time. Please start at the beginning and read the thread before you jump on someone for venting just a BIT of their frustration with this. Obviously it was basically set up--then the guy hears RP is a racist..so now..who knows. Heath said since the beginning he would refund money if it didn't work out..give the man a break..

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
By the way, that link at gambling911 is old. Even though the link still works for some reason, the site took down the article pending confirmation. It is still down.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Neither chip in is working.

Will anyone who donated see if they can get their money back? Right now when you go to the chip in it says the event can not be found.

noztnac
01-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Thank Electric Church.

Onyx
01-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Currently on the website, regarding the chipin:

Donations are CURRENTLY OFFLINE until 12PM tomorrow. This is caused by Chip In requiring proof that we are affiliated with Ron Paul, however we are not. This is running thru a PAC for FEC reasons.

If things fall through or we are not able to raise the money ALL FUNDS WILL BE RETURNED.

RCRanger03
01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
any word on this

AdamT
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Just spoke with Heath. The ChipIn office opens at 9am PST and they've asked Heath to call them then. Should be straightened out in a few hours. I also just talked to the FEC about "advertising on a person". They laughed and said we'd be exempt from the typical disclaimers because it's impractical. So the FEC has cleared this. All we need is for the ChipIn to get turned back on and funded.

Marc3579
01-15-2008, 11:14 AM
*bump* Thanks Adam, Heath, everyone who's been positive about this!

Jae0
01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Huzzah

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
This is not China but when it becomes like China you can get anyone you want banned for their opinions and debating about issues in a public forum.

Actually the forum is private property and as such you agree to the terms of use listed when you signed up. [edit/forum guidelines]

Electric Church
01-15-2008, 12:08 PM
[edit for quote]

If the forum wants to ban me for being a jackass because I debated your proposal they can ban me. As I recall according to forum guidelines insulting forum members is an offence, debating proposals is not. But if the forum wants to modify or ignore its policy and ban me for debating that's fine with me.

kirkblitz
01-15-2008, 12:16 PM
So any money yet?

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 12:17 PM
So any money yet?

chip in is still down. And their phones are jacked up. Everytime you pick an option you get disconnected.

kirkblitz
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Do you think we can fund it in time?

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Do you think we can fund it in time?

I think so. Especially on some of the calls I have received.

Ron2Win
01-15-2008, 12:25 PM
So this is 100% all systems go?

RollOn2day
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
So this is 100% all systems go?

Do you see a contract posted?

Ron2Win
01-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Do you see a contract posted?
Nope, but i have Zero reason to doubt Heath...

RollOn2day
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Nope, but i have Zero reason to doubt Heath...

Neither do I as I do not know him. Until proven otherwise I will assume that he is honest and all money would be returned to everyone if this does not pan out.

But.....is it 100% all systems go? As with all things....not until a contract is signed.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
when I spoke to Sil today... I was told this would be a hell of a lot easier if the racism letters didn't come out and if our candidate was black. Honestly this is what I was told. However I am still working and if it is not finalized I will be giving money back.

I have also been asked to give the funds over to granny warriors for this recount effort.... However I informed them that this is not my money and anything like that would have to be approved before any funds go any other place.

rockandrollsouls
01-15-2008, 12:39 PM
just give him proof Ron isn't a racist...there's plenty. It shouldn't be that hard to work around.

Marc3579
01-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Not at all, or show them the NAACP president of Austin, TC speaking praise of Ron.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Not at all, or show them the NAACP president of Austin, TC speaking praise of Ron.

this was all sent yesterday. However I am still trying to work this out.

Marc3579
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay Heath I was just thinking of other ways you could show it, I understand you're working on it. I hope this gets pulled off

mstrmac1
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
heath I have been away for awhile.... whats the status?

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
heath I have been away for awhile.... whats the status?

just got a call back from Chip In. I am having my contact from RJJ organization get in contact to prove the validity. Should be back on today.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I have also been asked to give the funds over to granny warriors for this recount effort.... However I informed them that this is not my money and anything like that would have to be approved before any funds go any other place.

I think you'd have to give the funds back to individuals and make a suggestion for that.

If this ad flies, I'm in on it. (Not as much as my name implies, because I'm mostly mouth with no money lately.)

mstrmac1
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I think you'd have to give the funds back to individuals and make a suggestion for that.

If this ad flies, I'm in on it. (Not as much as my name implies, because I'm mostly mouth with no money lately.)

Heath, For the Record If this does not go through I would like my money back to donate to ron paul on the 21st

LibertyEagle
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Heath,

Just a quick question for you and excuse me if you have answered this already somewhere. Where will the ad for Ron Paul be placed? On Mr. Jones' bare skin back, or on a t-shirt that he will wear shortly after the fight?

Thanks.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM

which is exactly what was said on the phone. This is you guys' money... not mine. I understand that.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Heath, For the Record If this does not go through I would like my money back to donate to ron paul on the 21st

NP

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Heath,

Just a quick question for you and excuse me if you have answered this already somewhere. Where will the ad for Ron Paul be placed? On Mr. Jones' bare skin back, or on a t-shirt that he will wear shortly after the fight?

Thanks.

Either a Temporary Tattoo or T Shirt is what has been discussed. I am also inquiring about the elastic band on the top of the shorts.

mstrmac1
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
NP

By the way, once you announce that its official & the there will be some type of advertising on Roy Jones person... I am 100% confident the grassroots will get this done Quickly!

Keep working hard heath, thanks again.

surf
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
The elastic band would be killer. is there time? i hope your (and our) questions are answered soon. thanks again for the work.

edit: this is a SportsCenter segment waiting to happen - are you ready to be interviewed on local sportstalk radio programs around the country? :)

LibertyEagle
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Either a Temporary Tattoo or T Shirt is what has been discussed. I am also inquiring about the elastic band on the top of the shorts.

Ok, thanks. I have another question for you.

For what length of time does a fighter usually wear a t-shirt that would be in plain sight of the TV media?

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Heath,

No offense but I think that you shouldn't try to get a Chipin back up for the time being.

My reasoning is not that complicated: Look.. I hope you can pull something of but as of yet you yourself have admitted multiple times that in fact there is no deal. You don't know if you are even allowed to have a temporary tattoo, you are thinking about a T shirt but don't know how long he could wear it, you are thinking about the elastic band, the score cards from the girls between each round, etc.

And to top it of you don't even know right now if they would accept any Ron Paul ad in any form since the people over at RJjr's camp seem to believe that Ron Paul is a racist.

I would advise you to first sort things out. Talk with them and establish:
A) Will they accept any form of advertisement for Ron Paul?
B) And if yes, then what kind of advertisement. Is the tattoo possible, a shirt, the elastic band? And how much do they want?

You don't have the answer to either of these questions at the moment and I seriously believe that you should have these questions answered before you ask for money. In any case question A for starters!

If you get confirmation on question A (above) and they proceed to say something like: alright, a shirt will be worn for 1 minute minimum = 25 k, elastic band = whole match = 50 k. Tattoo = 100 k.

Then you know something and then you can ask for money. I really think you are approaching this the wrong way at the moment, you are only making things overly complicated for yourself and you force yourself to spend to much time on this forum. This forum can't do much for you right now you know? And you're defending yourself here for what? Fighting windmills my friend, get the RJjr camp around and then repost on this forum and you have everyone on your side. Instantly..

So focus on that part!

try to take this as being constructive

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Chip In is being turned back on in just a few minutes. They were able to verify :)

JulioForPaul
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Chip In is being turned back on in just a few minutes. They were able to verify :)

If you were able to get it verified for the Chip In to be turned back on.... why can't you verify anything for Ron Paul supporters?

WTF?

LibertyEagle
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, thanks. I have another question for you.

For what length of time does a fighter usually wear a t-shirt that would be in plain sight of the TV media?

Heath, would you please answer the question?

Thanks.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
If you were able to get it verified for the Chip In to be turned back on.... why can't you verify anything for Ron Paul supporters?

WTF?

RJJ organization had to phone them to confirm that we are negotiating this currently.

heath.whiteaker
01-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Heath, would you please answer the question?

Thanks.

Usually they don't wear shirts. They are bare except shorts.... and have a robe on over them. However the T Shirt is just an idea. There are others that are being thrown around right now as well.

spiteface
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Great job Heath, keep working at it!

Cyclone
01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
RJJ organization had to phone them to confirm that we are negotiating this currently.

Ok, so if you don't have a deal for anything specific yet, what will the chip in be for? Will it still say for an ad on the fighter's back or something else?

If it says "for a deal to be worked out" you might have trouble getting funds.

LibertyEagle
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Please see this new thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=954829