PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has been officially "disappeared" by the news media

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
This tells everything.

Run google news searches on all of the other candidates, click on "last hour" and what you will find is the awful truth.

Also look at who the news agencies are that are reporting on these candidates, again telling.

I say people in the media like SENSATIONAL stuff so lets give them some.

Think of some ideas that could gain their attention.;)

RPSignbomb
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
They are not going to report on a guy who does not finish in the top 3 or can't muster 10% in Nat. polls. We need a win if the news media is going to stay interested.

greendiseaser
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
"This Just In. Ron Paul Arrested For Urinating On The NY Fed Building Front Steps!"

:D :D :D

Geronimo
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Why do they still keep talking about Fred?

angelatc
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Did he do anything over the weekend?

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Ron who?

Sorry, that's really bad.

Since the racist smear failed (the democrats are all over each other today about being racist) it's back to plan A for the media. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

AlbemarleNC0003
I sent HQ and NPR a couple links this morning about Iran, Bush, an article that included a theory that Saddam was toppled because he took his oil off the dollar. I had hoped it would inspire conversation. But it probably came off as a conspiracy theory, although a more positive one. I wish he would "hold a press conference". a tape recorder on a podium with a message of hope and change.

We need to engage people about why we do things, not just complain about what they do.

Dave Wood
"This Just In. Ron Paul Arrested For Urinating On The NY Fed Building Front Steps!"

:D :D :D

I like it!:eek:

In response to the other post, they seem to be reporting on Thompson and Paul is beating him nationally.:o

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
They are not going to report on a guy who does not finish in the top 3 or can't muster 10% in Nat. polls. We need a win if the news media is going to stay interested.

Yeah, but we're 10,000 votes ahead of Fred Thompson, and 5,000 ahead of Giuliani so far. And the media talks about them everyday, all day.

We're also hovering back and forth around 10% in polls.

There's no reason to not report Ron Paul, besides censorship.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Stop complaining and get out and canvass.

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
This just in, It is now fact that the Ron Paul we have come to know is in fact a "manhattan project of sorts" he is a genetic clone of Thomas Jefferson.....story still developing

Energy
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Well, that is their scapegoat. Poll results driving media attention or the other way around? Chicken/egg?

The media is subverting the democratic process. There's no justification to not be able to cover all 6 GOP candidates fairly, or at the very least mention RP's name.

webber53
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Notice where the url originated from!

h ttp://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/13/romney-rally-attracts-a-ron-paul-supporter/

AlexMerced
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
we need to make a giant ron paul cookie

TSOL
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
The Media covers the likes of Fred Thompson because he is not a threat and is harmless.

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Notice where the url originated from!

h ttp://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/13/romney-rally-attracts-a-ron-paul-supporter/

I dont get it?

nbhadja
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM

We have more votes than Rudy and Thompson yet they report on those 2 bozos 24/7.

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
This tells everything.

Run google news searches on all of the other candidates, click on "last hour" and what you will find is the awful truth.

Also look at who the news agencies are that are reporting on these candidates, again telling.

I say people in the media like SENSATIONAL stuff so lets give them some.

Think of some ideas that could gain their attention.;)
If you're in a state that hasn't voted yet, get out and canvass. Get the attention of the voters, not the media.

If you're in a state that has voted and have the ability to go to local states and canvass, please do that.

If you're in a state that has voted and don't have the ability to go to local states and canvass, be a media watchdog and correct them on it.

It's really that simple. Canvassing gets the voters. Yes, the media also helps, but canvassing is the most effective tool to get out the vote.

tsetsefly
01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Why do they still keep talking about Fred?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
If you're in a state that hasn't voted yet, get out and canvass. Get the attention of the voters, not the media.

If you're in a state that has voted and have the ability to go to local states and canvass, please do that.

If you're in a state that has voted and don't have the ability to go to local states and canvass, be a media watchdog and correct them on it.

It's really that simple. Canvassing gets the voters. Yes, the media also helps, but canvassing is the most effective tool to get out the vote.

I have to disagree. You can canvass all day long and maybe convince 25 people to vote for RP. Those same twenty five people watch the news one night and see Ron Paul is a racist. They get angry and tell all of their friends and family about how they were almost conned into voting for this guy by some losers going door to door.

It aint gonna work. We have to either circumvent the media or use their weaknesses against them to convince voters that RP is the right choice.

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I have to disagree. You can canvass all day long and maybe convince 25 people to vote for RP. Those same twenty five people watch the news one night and see Ron Paul is a racist. They get angry and tell all of their friends and family about how they were almost conned into voting for this guy by some losers going door to door.

It aint gonna work. We have to either circumvent the media or use their weaknesses against them to convince voters that RP is the right choice.
Weird, I talk about circumventing the media and going right to the source and then you say I'm wrong and that we must circumvent the media?

beachmaster
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Just hope that Ron Paul's "secret strategy" includes massive national TV ads, maybe even a Ross Perot-like infomercial... people would have to wonder about why a guy who is placing all these ads doesn't get viewed on the MSM. Maybe that should be one of the ad messages...

"I'm Ron Paul, and due to Media Bias, I have to pay more money to advertise than the other guys... but that's ok, I have OVER 125,000 independent American Citizen donors, people just like you and me, NOT corporate lobbyists. Together we can SAVE AMERICA from it's imminent bankruptcy, but the mainstream media wants to silence US. Don't let that happen! I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message".

Or something like that.

Visualize President Paul!

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Weird, I talk about circumventing the media and going right to the source and then you say I'm wrong and that we must circumvent the media?

I am simply saying that we have to reach a lot more people convincingly, than one can do by canvassing alone.

redzone
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Let's give them a reason to talk about him! Donate on 1/21.