PDA

View Full Version : What's the most affordable way of printing flyers?

linusPAULing
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89435

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Just take the pdf files to an office suppy store or copy shop and do it. Call around for pricing sure, and if you know someone who will do it for the cost of paper and ink that would be best. Sorry for a generic answer but that's really all there is to it.

linusPAULing
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Just take the pdf files to an office suppy store or copy shop and do it. Call around for pricing sure, and if you know someone who will do it for the cost of paper and ink that would be best. Sorry for a generic answer but that's really all there is to it.

Yes, that's what we've done so far. I was wondering if there were creative solutions like having newspaper printers whip out huge numbers dirt cheap, or something like that.

Thanks!

wisdom_seeker
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Copying is more expensive than printing if you're printing large quantities.

I called OfficeMax and asked about making black-and-white copies on regular paper from a single-sided original. Their price is 6 cents per copy for 1,000 copies ($60) and 5 cents per copy for 5,000 copies ($250).

Then I called a local printing shop and inquired about their prices. The cost of printing 1,000 fliers (black and white/regular paper/single sided) is $30 ($100 for 5,000).

Printing quality is better and the more you print, the cheaper it gets. The same applies to color printing. There are printing shops that give very cheap prices for double-sided color printing.

The only downside that I know of is that printing takes longer. For BW, it can take a day because the ink needs to dry not to mention the printing overhead.

Hope this helps.

wisdom_seeker
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Copying is more expensive than printing if you're printing large quantities. For example, I called a local printing shop in the heart of Silicon Valley in California and the cost of printing a 1,000 flier (black and white/regular paper/single sided) is $30 ($100 for 5,000). Then, I called OfficeMax and their price is 6 cents per copy for 1,000 copies ($60) and 5 cents per copy for 5,000 copies ($250).

The more you print, the cheaper it gets. The same applies to color printing. There are printing shops that can give dirt cheap prices for double-sided color printing.

The quality of printed material is better.

The only downside that I know of is that printing takes longer. For BW, it might take a day.

Hope this helps.

RPDelegate
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
check out www.48hourprint.com