PDA

View Full Version : UAW Members for Ron Paul: ''Save Your Jobs; Vote Ron Paul!''

nuklbone
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Ron Paul has a unique position in that he is actually an attractive Republican candidate for union members. Union members who may disagree with much of the Democratic platform should be attracted to Ron Paul. Has anyone pursued this angle?

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080113005092&newsLang=en

james_joyce
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't mean to spoil the good news, but these people are supporting Paul for slightly misguided purposes. He's against NAFTA, but not for the reasons the UAW supposes. Paul wants MORE free trade, not less. The UAW wants out of NAFTA for protectionist reasons.

Just thought someone should point that out.

Join The Paul Side
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't mean to spoil the good news, but these people are supporting Paul for slightly misguided purposes. He's against NAFTA, but not for the reasons the UAW supposes. Paul wants MORE free trade, not less. The UAW wants out of NAFTA for protectionist reasons.

Thanks for the tip Johnny Raincloud. :rolleyes:

OV 101 Enterprise
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I misinformed vote for Dr. Paul is still a vote for Dr. Paul. Don't complain.

Ron2Win
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
So the UAW is on board with us?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM

They have their reasons, we have ours. Eventually, we will win. They offer nothing but more of the same.

Mark Rushmore

Politics. We join forces to get rid of NAFTA, then separate and fight it out over what happens next.

james_joyce

fair enough! :)