PDA

View Full Version : Would RP bumper stickers reduce casualties in Iraq?

voytechs
01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking that if troops put up RP bumper stickers over vehicles, they may be less likely to be attacked since they are essentially displaying a sign of peace. I'm sure Iraqies are aware who the peace candidate is. :)

tuckessee
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
The Iraqis have to deal with beheaded corpses in the streets, brownouts, cholera outbreaks and an occupation force of violent foreigners. I doubt they know, or even care, about Ron Paul.

boethius27
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
thanks for your positive message tuckessee, but I've seen mention of Ron Paul from iraqi people.

more bumper stickers everywhere can't hurt anything. If nothing else it will raise awareness of him within our own troops--they get to vote too!

JMann
01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
The stickers may provide more protection than what they have now. Maybe the soldiers can attach scrap metal to their vehicles with the stickers.

jason43
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Well I heard the 4 Iraqis that have the internet love him.

The rest havent heard of him because of the MSM blackout. lol

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm sure Iraqies are aware who the peace candidate is. :)

I'd hate to disagree with you but I think most Americans don't even know who the peace candidate is yet. Let alone Iraqis :cool:

disciple
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
It would if the Iraqi people knew about about Dr. Paul and where he stands.

ValidusCustodiae
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I had a soldier tell me he could get arrested for having a Ron Paul bumper sticker stapled to the telephone poll in front of his house. While I was putting it up, he came and pleaded with me to take it down so that he would not have to face charges. I said why can't this be here? He said it is about politics, but that he could be imprisoned for it. I said, "Wow, looks like you need Ron Paul just as much as everyone else."

If a soldier off-duty can get arrested for having a Ron Paul bumper sticker stapled to a telephone pole in front of his house, I very seriously doubt the commanders in Iraq would allow them to be placed on tanks and humvees. Just a thought to those less-than-realistic people here.

Grandson of Liberty
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
umm, did wearing a peace sign in vietnam lower one's chances of getting popped by the VC?

sorry for the sarcasm. But c'mon.

Dr.3D
01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I had a soldier tell me he could get arrested for having a Ron Paul bumper sticker stapled to the telephone poll in front of his house. While I was putting it up, he came and pleaded with me to take it down so that he would not have to face charges. I said why can't this be here? He said it is about politics, but that he could be imprisoned for it. I said, "Wow, looks like you need Ron Paul just as much as everyone else."

If a soldier off-duty can get arrested for having a Ron Paul bumper sticker stapled to a telephone pole in front of his house, I very seriously doubt the commanders in Iraq would allow them to be placed on tanks and humvees. Just a thought to those less-than-realistic people here.

I remember back in the 70's, I was on base in San Diego and a guy had a Nuck Fixon bumper sticker on his car. The base commander made him take it off pronto! They said it was wrong to say bad things about our Commander and Chief.

I was told, on or off duty, I was not to make any public declaration of my view of the political agenda or I would most likely face a courts marshal.