Jeremy
01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
People are waiting for the 21st....

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
What's happening the 21st?

Paulitical Correctness
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I have no intelligent reasoning to back this theory, but I believe it's pretty gosh darn true.

Proven with the official campaign site, as well as the RP Blimp...

A thermometer widget with an ultimate goal helps tremendously.

crasster1
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
The widgets don't have targets. No one feels a sense of urgency like last quarter. We have no real visual goals on the widget. This is a psychological thing.

Remember, the thermometer is what got us started. We need something new.

The support is not gone, but people don't want to "waste" their already falling dollar if Ron does not win more primaries.

Ron has enough dough to carry him through the next 5 which is a true litmus test.

He'll still have the support though.

AcidReign
01-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree. Plus I think they need to make it fun again. Something like fill the quill. At least a nice new graphic. I miss lady liberty. Maybe another competition between states.

Bilgefisher
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
What's happening the 21st?

MLK money bomb. Over 8000 pledges so far. www.freeatlast2008.com

RollOn2day
01-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I've got a solid 10 people that have not contributed yet but will for http://www.freeatlast2008.com
but have not signed up.

This is going to be huge. It has to be to break through the Media Blackout.

Donate, yes, and get 1 or 2 friends to donate on this weekend/day also. The number of donors is as important a number as the total contributions.

Nov 5th 25K donors
Dec 16th 50K donors
Jan 21st : Can we hit 100K donors on this day? I'm working on it!

TBFBri10
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I've got a solid 10 people that have not contributed yet but will for http://www.freeatlast2008.com
but have not signed up.

Donate, yes, and get 1 or 2 friends to donate on this weekend/day also. The number of donors is as important a number as the total contributions.

Nov 5th 25K donors
Dec 16th 50K donors

100,000 donors when we haven't even broke 10,000 donors with a week left to go? I seriously doubt it.

austin356
01-14-2008, 11:35 AM
but have not signed up.

Nov 5th 25K donors
Dec 16th 50K donors

Drinkin' the koolaid this morning?

enjerth
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
The support is not gone, but people don't want to "waste" their already falling dollar if Ron does not win more primaries.

Ron has enough dough to carry him through the next 5 which is a true litmus test.

He'll still have the support though.

I don't mind wasting my money on Ron Paul.

It's do or die, people. The cost will be too great if he does not win.

We need new challenges. I was figuring we don't need another money bomb, but the way things are going without it, I'm changing my mind. But we need to regroup and redouble our efforts.

I'm in on MLK day for $400. Let's kick this up a few notches.

JoBurke
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Amen. we need to donate what we possibly can, the future is bigger than us.

enjerth
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Meanwhile, the media is counting on Ron Paul's funds and support to dry out so they can stop ignoring him and just forget him.

Lord Xar
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
I am glad to see that J.B. , the fundraiser coordinator, is doing a bang up job - creating new avenues for fundraising and excitement.

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 12:39 PM
MLK money bomb. Over 8000 pledges so far. www.freeatlast2008.com

Oh.

I saw like 15 different money bombs floating around and frankly I think the usefulness of moneybombs has passed. Unless we can beat our previous record you're wasting your time. Hint.... having 15 different moneybombs in the works is not the way to do it.

Jojo
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh.

I saw like 15 different money bombs floating around and frankly I think the usefulness of moneybombs has passed. Unless we can beat our previous record you're wasting your time. Hint.... having 15 different moneybombs in the works is not the way to do it.

Could you give me a list of the 15 money bombs? I might donate to all of them.

enjerth
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh.

I was of that opinion until recently. Notice how, in the middle of January, we have yet to break $1 million for the quarter.

We aren't getting things done. We need a swift kick in the pants and the money bombs have proved effective at raising money. Only we have to look at this as a method of energizing and encouraging the donors, not getting media attention.

I'm donating because so many other people are donating. My money won't do much on it's own, but I know that when others are donating, the campaign is alive and my donation becomes a part of something much greater.

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I was of that opinion until recently. Notice how, in the middle of January, we have yet to break $1 million for the quarter.

We aren't getting things done. We need a swift kick in the pants and the money bombs have proved effective at raising money. Only we have to look at this as a method of energizing and encouraging the donors, not getting media attention.

I'm donating because so many other people are donating. My money won't do much on it's own, but I know that when others are donating, the campaign is alive and my donation becomes a part of something much greater.

Whatever.

I thought the point of moneybombs was to garner media attention. If it's just to raise funds, the campaign needs to set small short term goals..... 2 million by xx January. 4 million by .... etc etc.

blakjak
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
The real reason?

Reluctantly, I'll have say two 5th place finishes.

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
The real reason?

Reluctantly, I'll have say two 5th place finishes.

QFT

Brother Butch
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
100,000 donors when we haven't even broke 10,000 donors with a week left to go? I seriously doubt it.

Drinkin' the koolaid this morning?

This is subject to change with a good showing in states before the 21st.

I don't mind wasting my money on Ron Paul.

It's do or die, people. The cost will be too great if he does not win.

We need new challenges. I was figuring we don't need another money bomb, but the way things are going without it, I'm changing my mind. But we need to regroup and redouble our efforts.

I'm in on MLK day for $400. Let's kick this up a few notches.

Amen. we need to donate what we possibly can, the future is bigger than us.

Meanwhile, the media is counting on Ron Paul's funds and support to dry out so they can stop ignoring him and just forget him.

Let's see how we look after Nevada and frankly Michigan folks. The Michigan grass roots are putting in a huge effort in Ron's absence. Even a good showing there takes us into Nevada with some MO. I think the 21st is a good date, for many reasons.

I'm giving either way. Hell or High water.

excerpt:dylan

High water risin' - risin' night and day
All the gold and silver are being stolen away
Big Joe Turner lookin' East and West
From the dark room of his mind
He made it to Kansas City
Twelfth Street and Vine
Nothing standing there
High water everywhere

High water risin', the shacks are slidin' down
Folks lose their possessions - folks are leaving town
Bertha Mason shook it - broke it
Then she hung it on a wall
Says, "You're dancin' with whom they tell you to
Or you don't dance at all."
It's tough out there
High water everywhere

VRP08
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I think it's because we have to many money bombs and paydays going on. We need to concentrate on one thing at a time.

jrich4rpaul
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Irresponsibility seems like a better way to describe things