PDA

View Full Version : Heard my first radio ad here in CA...

RevolutionSD
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
600 KOGO here in SD. I listen to it at night once in a while for George Noory.

During the day it's Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, and a couple of local "conservative" types.

The ad was on in the morning. It was emphasizing Ron Paul's desire for a "strong defense". It said he would hunt down and capture terrorists "dead or alive". It said he was NOT in favor of closing military bases, wanted to "seal the border", and was a flight surgeon in the Air Force. Then his phone number was given out but not his website (?).

I'm very disappointed that he would not close bases. We have WAY too many military bases and that would be a fantastic way to save money once all our troops are home.

I know the ad was trying to appeal to older conservatives who fell for the neocon/fox news thing, but it would turn me off if I didn't know anything about him. Plus, they make him sound pro-war, but the war mongers are never going to vote for him anyway, so what's the deal? Hopefully, the campaign knows best and knows what will work, but I don't like the bait and switch tactic.

dante
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
There is no reason or need to close bases in the US once we have all our troops home. In fact we will need even more bases once we actually have our troops here vs. overseas

AlexMerced
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
There is no reason or need to close bases in the US once we have all our troops home. In fact we will need even more bases once we actually have our troops here vs. overseas

please elaborate, just so I know for future discourse

RevolutionSD
01-14-2008, 11:49 AM
please elaborate, just so I know for future discourse

bump...why in the world would we not close bases with our troops all coming home??

JMO
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I live in Stockton CA which is about 45 minutes from Sacramento and I heard a radio ad last week coming home from work in the morning.