PDA

View Full Version : Is this movement smaller than we think...Really...

qwerty
01-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Currently serving 6699 Precinct Leaders in 5617 precincts

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Holy sh*t canīt we have more boots on the ground if not, say bye bye for change....

We supposed to have like 100.000 meetup members, most of those seem to be just POSERS!

:mad:

qwerty
01-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Pretty weird that we donīt have *sticky ad* about this one on Dailypaul.com....

:(

TER
01-14-2008, 10:11 AM
bump

billjarrett
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Or people considering whether they are the person to step up to the plate for this.

I am looking for exactly what precinct leaders do, and how much time it requires. I have been contacted by phone by someone (haven't called back yet, wife took the message) asking me to fill the position.

However, I do have a full time job, am a full time student, with a home and a family. I do not want to step into this position and let the movement down because I overburdened myself.

It is something I am seriously considering though, if anyone can give me more information on what it entails.

Xenophage
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
i don't really understand what a precinct leader does but i know we have one in my precinct...

should i sign up anyway?

qwerty
01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
i don't really understand what a precinct leader does but i know we have one in my precinct...

should i sign up anyway?

Iīm sure that there are work to do for you too! Contact the other leader ?

RonPaulFTFW
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I think those who are active were smaller than we thought.

But you cannot underestimate the power of perception.
The media controls perception and its hard to get growth when they attack him or shut him out.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Compare it to other campaigns if you're trying to call it small

qwerty
01-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Compare it to other campaigns if you're trying to call it small

But they have the MEDIA behind them.....

This is really our only change, we donīt have media behind us....

:rolleyes:

mavtek
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
seems about right to me, at most we get around 10% of the people in our meetup's to actually show up to anything.

This is no surprise. We have a ton of people who would vote for Paul, they even like Paul, but they don't want to get off their ass to do anything about getting him elected.

Ronin
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
If each canvasser recruited 1-2 canvassers we would be good. The hard part is getting captains in all precincts.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Or people considering whether they are the person to step up to the plate for this.

I am looking for exactly what precinct leaders do, and how much time it requires. I have been contacted by phone by someone (haven't called back yet, wife took the message) asking me to fill the position.

However, I do have a full time job, am a full time student, with a home and a family. I do not want to step into this position and let the movement down because I overburdened myself.

It is something I am seriously considering though, if anyone can give me more information on what it entails.

If you sign up you'll find lots and lots of information about it upon logging in.

For anyone hesistant to sign up because they dont' know enough about it, sign up anyways.

As I just said, you get more information once you can sign in. Also, if everyone would just sign up then you would have a good chance of finding multiple people in your precinct and it will allow you to work with them towards a common goal.

Also, when you sign up you get access to your State and County (if you have one) precinct organizer so you can contact them about any questions you have.

The main point of all this being... SIGN UP!

Xenophage
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Iīm sure that there are work to do for you too! Contact the other leader ?

I have been canvassing in my state for Paul... the precinct leader is in my meetup group, but I don't really know what he's supposed to do, because he doesn't really run the meetup... I'll ask about it.

UnitedWeStand
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes you should sign up anyway. Im sure youre precinct leader would love some help. Or you could sign up for a nearby precinct as well.

A precinct leader passes out slimjims/flyers, then calls people, then follows up on those people to remind them to vote on the day or before, then makes a presence at the poll--and hopefully has encouraged others to help at the poll from the list of supporters they have made.

It is a lot of work. But you will be given the gift of peace that you have done everything you could do instead of the burden of guilt if you dont.

Even if you arent able to reach everyone in your precinct, if you dont reach even one hundred, noone will.....

It becomes easier and easier as you go along. Please help your neighbors!=)

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I think you have all lost it!

Everyone is feeling a little let down by the campaign staff. We cant do this alone and sometimes it feels (through their actions) like they dont intend on winning this. Thats hard to swallow when you have worked your ass off and find out that the people being paid are not doing the same.

This movement is very large, dont second guess that. Its called lack of motivation at this point. Maybe a little bit of burnout as well.

We need something to change drastically in our favor to jumpstart this thing or I am afraid it may be over. THE MEDIA HAS PLANNED FROM THE BEGINNING TO STOP US AND SO FAR THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED. Regardless of what anyone tells you, we NEED media coverage. It is time for inovation.

I think the sponsership idea on PPV is a great way around the gatekeepers, we must find more.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I have been canvassing in my state for Paul... the precinct leader is in my meetup group, but I don't really know what he's supposed to do, because he doesn't really run the meetup... I'll ask about it.

You have more than one precinct in your city/county. In my city, which has maybe 20,000 people there are 20+ precincts. Which is why we need everyone to sign up. At the moment there is no such thing as to many precinct leaders.

da32130
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Anything you do is better than nothing. If we get 180,000 people you could always let someone else take your spot.

There are a few things:
1) put slim jims in doors with a stamp that says to call to volunteer
-this may lead to more people helping you out to do the rest of the work
2) poll people (not selling) to see if they support or are likely supporters
3) call pro Paul people back to make sure they vote

It is pretty painless. They give a lot of resources so you know who to contact and what to say.

AnalogDan
01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
We're up against about one hundred years of corruption. This is gonna take some time.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I think you have all lost it!

Everyone is feeling a little let down by the campaign staff. We cant do this alone and sometimes it feels (through their actions) like they dont intend on winning this. Thats hard to swallow when you have worked your ass off and find out that the people being paid are not doing the same.

This movement is very large, dont second guess that. Its called lack of motivation at this point. Maybe a little bit of burnout as well.

We need something to change drastically in our favor to jumpstart this thing or I am afraid it may be over. THE MEDIA HAS PLANNED FROM THE BEGINNING TO STOP US AND SO FAR THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED. Regardless of what anyone tells you, we NEED media coverage. It is time for inovation.

I think the sponsership idea on PPV is a great way around the gatekeepers, we must find more.

The precinct leader numbers say otherwise.

Minuteman
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Probably because not everyone is some college student with all the time in the worlds on their hands. Alot of people are adults with jobs, kids, and other responsiblities. We do what we can when we can.

Cal Mabus
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I signed up over this weekend and plan to start the precinct work tonight.

There is a survey script to follow. This would be the 1st way to participate. It is not asking for you to become the super Ron Paul salesman, simply identify the voters vote if the election was to day and a couple questions on the issues. This info is then logged into the data base and emailed straight to those who will be doing the follow up contacting. To learn from New Hampshire's call to not overburden voters with RP calls, the official callers need this information so once a RP voter is confirmed they can be removed from the call list. New Hampshire stated some were truned off by excessive RP calls and decided not to vote for RP out of spite. This is not good. So stick to the plan.

Some are more confident and can carry on with Ron Pauls message and provide great selling points, but then with their sell, and then not completing the email response back to official calling center, where you would mark the voter as a Ron Paul supporter will only cause this duplication of burdened phone calls to that caller.

I think we are looking for the undecided votes for the official callers to handle and get out more information to them. In Illinois, they are starting their official calls today, but they need to have this pre-phone canvassing done ASAP as not to bother the votes we already have. Remember the campaign has trained already them out to handle the canvass work from that point.

We are required to simply, make the call, follow the script, fill out the online results data and hit the send button for each voter talked to. It's all preset up. Pretty simple. Don't worry about trying to be the salesman, just gather the info and report.

The second way is to actually do the sales work for those who can, But you still must report the results, again as to make sure overworking a vote does not happen again. It's up to the official call center to do their part in monitoring everything we report to them.

We must remember, the game is on and all the other campaigns are already experienced at doing this, but it is bankrupting them right out of the race paying professional organizations to do what we are willing to do for for free for LIBERTY and FREEDOM for ourselves and our posterities sake!

Hope this helps. Cal.

jason43
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Currently serving 6699 Precinct Leaders in 5617 precincts

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Holy sh*t canīt we have more boots on the ground if not, say bye bye for change....

We supposed to have like 100.000 meetup members, most of those seem to be just POSERS!

:mad:

I have 2 kids, a wife, and commute 4 hours a day to work 9 hr days. I'd like to do something, but I don't have the time required to keep track of it. If I took the responsibility, I'd also have to do a good job at it and I don't think I could. So for right now, I am restricted to telling friends, putting bumper stickers on the car, putting signs up, and sending money to the campaign whenever I can. If I was single, I'd have the ability to quit my job be a little hungry and campaign full time. As it stands now, I have mouths to feed, I'd rather let someone who can do the job do the job.

qwerty
01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Bump!

Redcard
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I'd be curious how large "we" think this movement is before we start saying whether it's smaller than that. I mean, it's obvious now that we need to transition from an "internet thing" into a "mainstream thing", and that we clearly have overinflated our numbers on online polls.. but I don't know how big people thought we were outside of this.

Honestly, I suspect we're between 5 and 10 percent.

qwerty
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I have 2 kids, a wife, and commute 4 hours a day to work 9 hr days. I'd like to do something, but I don't have the time required to keep track of it. If I took the responsibility, I'd also have to do a good job at it and I don't think I could. So for right now, I am restricted to telling friends, putting bumper stickers on the car, putting signs up, and sending money to the campaign whenever I can. If I was single, I'd have the ability to quit my job be a little hungry and campaign full time. As it stands now, I have mouths to feed, I'd rather let someone who can do the job do the job.

I respect your opinion, but donīt expect that we will get nomination if everyone refuses to do any sacrifices...

I think there are lot of people who have families and jobs and are fully involved ? You can take your family with you to door to door...