PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help Here......

Myerz
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I have a friend that has questioned the idea of getting rid of the Federal Income Tax..... His issue is, where will the government get their money?

My only reply so far is the one point of...... if we were to return to the govenment spending of 10 years ago we wouldn't need the Income tax.....not convincing enough...I'm sure my deleivery has alot to do with it.....not my specialty.

I have a couple of questiuons.....

What does are Federal Income Tax go to pay for....?

What other taxes do the federal goveernment collect?

Any websites that might provide more information would be great thanks.....

Paul10
01-14-2008, 09:53 AM

MikeStanart
01-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Tell her only about 45% of the Federal Govt Income comes from the Income tax. If we make Govt more efficient; and cut spending....it's definetly possible.

Myerz
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
One more time....

have a couple of questiuons.....

Tell HIM 45% of the government's income comes from Income tax doesn't help me....where does the other 55% come from, if is truly that high?

dshields
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
One more time....

have a couple of questiuons.....

Tell HIM 45% of the government's income comes from Income tax doesn't help me....where does the other 55% come from, if is truly that high?

The Income tax goes to the general treasury fund with just about all other revenues now days including, unofficially, social security revenues.

The government gets money through user fees, excise taxes and other trade related sources. Revenues would drop about 45% if you eliminate Income taxes. This would force the government to trim the budget.

The better thing to do is ask her why do they deserve her money in the first place.

Dave

idrake
01-14-2008, 10:24 AM
The better thing to do is ask her why do they deserve her money in the first place.

Dave

Yes, exactly. After presenting these responses to your friend, ask him/her what they think the federal government does for them.

The answer is shockingly little. Most of the things we need from our government come from state and local governments.

Paul10
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM