PDA

View Full Version : A letter I have sent to NPR about their coverage this weekend. Blackout on Ron paul!

RonPaulFTFW
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.npr.org/contact/

I was very disappointed on Saturday listening to All Things Considered weekend edition. There was segment on the Republican candidates for president in South Carolina and there was NO mention of Ron Paul. Ron Paul has beaten both Rudy Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson in two separate state primaries, has risen more money than any other candidate, and now polls higher than Fred Thompson nationally. He also has more support from active military than any other candidate. The military is very important to those who live in North and South Carolina and I feel this omission leaves out an important voice in our state.

A large part of your segment covered the tax and spending record of the Candidates running. When you are talking about fiscal responsibility and don't mention Ron Paul it is clear to me that you are not doing a very good job presenting all the facts. He is the only true Republican conservative running and has never voted to raise taxes or unbalance the budget. And when I say never I mean never. Why would you not mention this? You even go so far as to attribute and idea that is Ron Paul's to Huckabee. Ron Paul was originally the only candidate to mention getting rid of the IRS, yet your story presented things in a manner where Huckabee was the lone candidate calling for these changes. I was beside myself trying to understand why you would ignore a candidate who has gotten around 10 percent of the vote.

I listen to NPR for a sane break from mainstream media outlets like CNN and Fox news. But it is apparent to me that your reporting isn't nearly as fair or balanced as I thought. I could spend ten minutes online finding out these facts about Ron Paul, yet you don't even take the time to mention them.

With this in mind I have decided to not donate money to public radio or NPR again until I can see that they take their job seriously covering politics. I'll also urge my friends, family, and fellow Ron Paul supporters to stop donations to NPR. If I can't find educated and balanced reporting on NPR I shouldn't spend my hard earned money supporting it.

Thank you for your time.

General Phone Numbers:

NPR Staff Directory

(202) 513-2000
Listener Services

(202) 513-3232
Corporate Sponsorship

(202) 513-2093
NPR Foundation

(202) 513-2073
Main Fax

(202) 513-3329

Media Relations:

Phone Number

(202) 513-2300
Press Contacts

Mailing Address:

635 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20001

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
I sent them links to stories about the likelihood of Iran dumping the dollar for Euros and what that would mean for the US. Simply put, hyper deflation of the US currency. That's a real money bomb.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601091&sid=aPcvedj0I.FU&refer=india

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0830/p03s01-wome.html

We need to get Lou Dobbs or someone on the national level to really start talking about what all this chest thumping in the Middle East is doing.

We need to start rallying to end the war. We could have 70% of Americans involved.

mleclerc
01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Its a struggle to find ANY mention of Ron Paul on the radio around Boston as well.

There was a front page piece wrapping up the NH primary in the Sunday Union Leader in Manchester, NH that again "forgot" to mention Ron Paul.

The "first they ignore you" seems to be their fallback strategy, as "then they fight you" wasn't working out so well as their lies were backfiring last fall... too easy for the Ron Paul revolution to attack...

The apathetic majority will be lead like cattle into the voting booths... and we are being reduced to the strange voices from the fences warning of the impending slaughter. Anyone know how to moo "run!!!" ?

jasonuher
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NPR funded by the federal government? I don't see anything about a radio station in the constitution, even mentioning RP's name would probably be a conflict of interest....

At any rate, NPR (Nebraska, not national) speaks very poorly of Paul when on the rare occasions they do mention his name (I don't know if they are local anchors or if they are national syndications), I assume they are just trying to protect their jobs.

RonPaulFTFW
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
NPR is funded by the public.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm starting to understand that it's not about Paul at all. It's about the public. The media is keeping him on the sidelines while hoping he wins (see Frank Luntz). They know we need him, but if he starts talking about the REAL issues we are facing, people may panic. We don't need another Great Depression. And Yes, most of the problems we created are caused by blowback from our meddling in the oil fields.

We need to remove most of the regulation on our energy companies here and let them figure out how to save money and invest that capital on real changes.

RonPaulFTFW
01-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Nah i think its just the people who own the media don't want paul's message out.

His message is in the news every day.
Paul just puts it all in one place.