PDA

View Full Version : Message from Official campaign: Sign up as a Precinct Leader!

Trassin
01-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Do you really need any more encouragement than this? It was listed ahead of donating in the e-mail that came out from the national campaign today which should give you an idea of how important it is.

1. Canvass, Canvass, Canvass! We are trying to win a nationwide presidential election, but the revolution will be won one precinct at a time. This country is made up of approximately 180,000 precincts, so the most important thing that you can do is take ownership of your own area. Remember, winning a majority of delegates starts in your precinct.

Winning elections is not easy. But Ron Paul has an invaluable asset that no one else has - YOU. If you work as productively as possible within your precinct, we can get out the vote as effectively as possible on Election Day. This means that canvassing, above everything else, is top priority. Take charge in your area and become the leader of your precinct now: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

There are over 180,000 Precincts and not even 7,000 people signed up yet.

I take this to mean one of two things.

1) Ron Paul's supporters ignore direct requests from the national campaign and thus Ron Paul himself.

2) Ron Paul doesn't even have 7,000 "real world" supporters.

I'm hoping that it is neither of those and today's e-mail will spark a sudden surge in people signing up... but I wouldn't bet on it.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 08:48 AM
bump.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 09:13 AM
No comments?

Bruehound
01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I'll see your bump and raise you one.

Mithridates
01-14-2008, 09:18 AM
No comment from me except that I hope people pay attention to this.

Maybe we should just bump this thread for the next 24 hours or so until it gets noticed.

Bruehound
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
If every Ron Paul supporter/activist produces and turns out 15 additional voters---we win every state and begin to reclaim our lost liberties.

Incentive enough?

Trassin
01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
No comment from me except that I hope people pay attention to this.

Maybe we should just bump this thread for the next 24 hours or so until it gets noticed.

That was pretty much my plan. Although since I'm a campaign office manager, a precinct leader, an organizer for a meetup group, and an assistant organizer for two other groups (plus working a full time job) it might be hard for me to pull that off.

The fact that I do all that and some people posting here can't even sign up as precinct leaders really pisses me off by the way.

exer51
01-14-2008, 09:47 AM
That was pretty much my plan. Although since I'm a campaign office manager, a precinct leader, an organizer for a meetup group, and an assistant organizer for two other groups (plus working a full time job) it might be hard for me to pull that off.

The fact that I do all that and some people posting here can't even sign up as precinct leaders really pisses me off by the way.

I feel ya there. I've been giving half the week to RP stuff the last month now and all the hundreds of people in my meetup who don't even show up irritate me! It's IN OUR REACH to WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. If we could get half the people in our 700+ person meetup on the streets we'd take King County for Ron, and with it drag along the whole state of Washington!

RonPaulFTFW
01-14-2008, 09:48 AM
everybody put a link to the Precinct forum in their sig!!

we don't spend enough time there.

thegr8drronpaul
01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Need to bump this again :) J

I contacted my meetup's asst. organizer who met me at a McDonalds to give us supplies to get started with. I got a free yard sign, free materials, and even a free shirt too. It was what I needed to get motivated. The next day I signed up to be the precinct captain for my neighborhood (about a 1 mile block). It's really very easy. You get a printout of likely voters in your neighborhood and can go door to door and you also have their phone numbers. I have two kids at home, but I can take them with me walking in the stroller. Plus it's nice to have them with me as a buffer to get over my nervousness! This is great for the stay at home mom and the kids love handing stuff out and passing out stickers to the kids that they meet!

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm really discouraged by the lack of incentive of many within this "revolution".

If you're only here to gripe about HQ's campaign - what are YOU doing to make it better?

Talk is cheap. Walk the walk.

Do you deserve the freedom Ron Paul wants to give you?

Do you UNDERSTAND what a government under Ron Paul would be like?

Have you considered that if you want this country back you have to TAKE IT?

I'm trying to bite my tongue with my real thoughts on Ron Paul supporters that aren't taking the responsibility to make it happen.

exer51
01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm really discouraged by the lack of incentive of many within this "revolution".

If you're only here to gripe about HQ's campaign - what are YOU doing to make it better?

Talk is cheap. Walk the walk.

Do you deserve the freedom Ron Paul wants to give you?

Do you UNDERSTAND what a government under Ron Paul would be like?

Have you considered that if you want this country back you have to TAKE IT?

I'm trying to bite my tongue with my real thoughts on Ron Paul supporters that aren't taking the responsibility to make it happen.

I've been saying this for DAY AND DAYS... The official campaign needs to send out an email that slaps everyone in the face and tells them to join their meetup AND get active. Too many people are lazy/pussies to become a captain. In reality we don't need captains. We need grunts. Give me 100 people and I'll get their asses to work inside of a couple hours. They don't need to take on responsability. There are enough of us willing to be responsible, we just need lackeys. The leaders of all the meetups need to be encouraging attendance, not JUST becoming a captain. It's just too much for some folks.

Trassin
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Bump.... am I the only one feelign violent towards people who are talking about Wesley Snipes more than their precincts?

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Bump.... am I the only one feeling violent towards people who are talking about Wesley Snipes more than their precincts?

People who are not willing to step up to the plate, do not deserve the freedom Ron Paul would give them.

amy31416
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
For those of you who are, um, on the shy side (at least offline ;)) like me and this seems like something that is far out of your comfort zone, consider the following:

1. This is a great way to overcome that problem!
2. I started out by posting flyers on the public billboards in various businesses in my precinct. Laundromat, hardware store, beer distributor, things like that.
3. I started out during a weekday morning and distributed flyers to households (don't put 'em in the mailbox!)
4. It would probably also help if you had someone to do it with, brainstorm ideas for your precinct. Think of what the most important issues in your area are.
5. The people you don't talk with, call them up and use a script. Always be polite. Pretend you're Ron Paul: Super Supporter, whatever you need to do. Once you start, it isn't so bad. It's not like telemarketing.
6. Finally, pat yourself on the back for doing something very significant for a great cause.

P.S. Don't get too frustrated with people who don't agree with you, it will happen and it's okay.

jrich4rpaul
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
bump

jrich4rpaul
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
bump

akalucas
01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
bump

Bilgefisher
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Good Post.

mackler
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't join the official campaign's precinct leader program. Instead, take the Precinct Autonomous Unit Leadership pledge (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89449).

rollingpig
01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
blimp

Trassin
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
bump