PDA

View Full Version : Mlk Day Money Bomb

Kingfisher
01-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Ron Paul in for Long Haul With Martin Luther King Day Money Bomb Planned

Ron Paul supporters will not be daunted. Despite less than exciting finishes in both Iowa and New Hampshire, the Ron Paul supporters march on. Once again another "money bomb" is being set in motion. This time it is planned for Martin Luther King Jr. day on January 21st. It will be doubtful that they can break another record and top the last record they set of just over six million dollars, but with this bunch, one never knows.

Once again, the event is being planned entirely by grassroots activists. No one person is in charge. No one person developed the idea. This comes simply from the supporters who are not letting go of the dream of a Ron Paul Presidency.

Even though only two races out of fifty have been held, and even though that represents less than one half of one per cent, a lot of people are ready to write Ron Paul off. Well, I can tell you this, the Ron Paul supporters in general will not be voting for any other candidate. Once people have had a taste of freedom and liberty, they cannot go back. Only a smattering of Ron Paul supporters would be caught dead voting for another Republican. It would be really interesting to see what would happen if he did decide to make a third party bid.

Sadly, it has become clear that without a fair shake in the media, it is really difficult to make a realistic run for the White House. On a very unscientific survey of anecdotal evidence (something that seems to be just as reliable as the polling methods these days that all but inaugurated Obama in New Hampshire) I have found that roughly 90% of the population has never heard Ron Paul's message. However, of those that hear the whole message, and not the twisted distorted filtered garbage the main stream media puts out, 80% become supporters.

Seems the answer to the dilemma about how to win is pretty simple: get the message out. Of course with all simple answers, the how-to portion of that formula is not easy.

If only poker players would come out in support of Ron Paul. There are over 30 million players in the U.S. by some estimates, and that is more than enough to take every state. America seems to be in a state of depression. Over and over I hear that people like Ron Paul, would love to have him as President, they believe in his views, but alas, they don't think he can win so they are willing to vote for someone they don't like who will give them things they don't want and take away their rights and liberties. It boggles the mind.

I say to every poker player reading this. If you want to be able to play on the Internet unfettered, untaxed, unregulated, and unwatched, then vote for Ron Paul. You don't have to settle for less. You can have what you want. Maybe they need some incentive? How's this: I dare you, no I double dog dare you to vote for Ron Paul.

Oh, and for those of you so inclined, January 21, 2008, Martin Luther King Jr. day come out in support of Ron Paul. Despite recent smear tactics claiming Ron Paul is racist because a newsletter published under his name had some terrible articles in them decades ago, Ron Paul did not write them, did not sign off on them and his record of supporting human rights is unparalleled. Did you know when it came to giving Rosa Parks a medal, Ron Paul stood up in Congress, took a hundred dollar bill out of his pocket and put it on the table? He dared all of the congressmen to match him so that they could give Rosa Parks a medal but not steal the money from the people of this country to do so. Not one person matched him and then proceeded to vote to spend YOUR money on the medal. Ron Paul was forced to vote against the measure because he does not believe in theft. It is one thing to spend his own money on the medal, but to take it from taxpayers is simply unconstitutional.

Ron Paul also wants to put an end to the racist drug war. We all know that when it comes to drug arrests, the sentences and even the arrests are not meted out proportionately. Ron Paul wants to end all of that. The drug war is working no better than prohibition and it has taken away most of our civil liberties. Know any other candidate that really cares about the races and really wants to do something to help or are they all talk?

Ron Paul is the only man with solutions. The rest are just filled with slogans. Ron Paul is the man for the people and the worst part is that the people don't know that and the main stream media is keeping that information from them. The way he is treated at debates, well, he might as well not be there because after what I saw in South Carolina, I was embarrassed to be an American. To think, a bunch of grown men on stage, making fun of freedom and liberty and giggling at Ron Paul like little school girls. Is that how they are going to behave when it comes time for diplomacy? I suppose they would have laughed at Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson too.

This race is long from over. Don't forget, Ron Paul has a significant war chest and supporters who are willing to keep it filled. Time will tell.
----

Jennifer Reynolds, Gambling911.com

Originally published January 13, 2008 11:15 am EST