PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul, Taxpayers Best Friend

Kingfisher
01-14-2008, 06:13 AM
House Says Paul Again Set to Return Thousands to Treasury

Published 01/13/2008 - 4:04 p.m. GMTRate This Article:

(PressMediaWire) Washington, DC - The U.S. House of Representatives reports that Congressman Ron Paul has once again run his Congressional office in a frugal manner, and he will likely return tens of thousands of dollars to the Treasury once again this year. Preliminary estimates forwarded to Paul’s office indicate he has about $75,000 left in his account.

“Since my first year in Congress representing the 14th district I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers,” said Paul.

Paul’s Chief of Staff, Tom Lizardo, said “It is customary that several thousand dollars of expenditures are not calculated until after this year ends, but I am confident that tens of thousands will remain to be given back once the books finally close on 2007, just as Congressman Paul always instructs us to do.”

Lizardo said that the purchase of new equipment, staff changes and postal rate increases made it especially difficult to restrain spending this year. “Considering Congressman Paul’s efforts helped to land nearly $50,000,000 in appropriations for crucial projects in this part of Texas last year, we are most pleased that we were able to once again get the job done under budget.”

constituent
01-14-2008, 06:15 AM
awesome! awesome! awesome!

taxpayer's best friend has been under-utilized in the campaign IMHO

i grew up seeing that on signs everywhere and it really does stick in your head...