PDA

View Full Version : There. 400K bills for everyone. An emotional surprise via mail.

Slist
01-14-2008, 03:54 AM
What would you do if you received a bill of 400K in your mail?

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

1) Create a fake bill with 400K
2) Add a page explaining that "We are bankrupt, you owe us" (or something along those lines)
3) Explain a short and comprehensive list of points through which ron paul would address the issue.
4) Send it to as many households as possible, and personally addressed to the household's owner/family name (make it personal!).

If this is well done, it could at least move the focus of the whole political discussion towards the economic troubles while portraying ron paul as the only one having real solutions to a huge problem. (The danger of associating ron paul to a bill has to be addressed).

Now, I live in switzerland and have no real idea on how a US bill looks (otherwise I would already have made a draft)... that's why I ask you all to support this idea. I think it has really really really big potential. What do you think?

Promo
01-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Yep, if that doesn't wake people up, nothing will... Hit them in their pockets, hit them hard ;)

I'd like to add

5) make sure to supply valid sources on the 400K number (the US General Comptroller right?)

Slist
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I'd like to add

5) make sure to supply valid sources on the 400K number (the US General Comptroller right?)

Yeah, good idea

micahnelson
01-14-2008, 08:19 AM
wow. this might not help with the campaign, but could help in general.

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 08:25 AM
wow. this might not help with the campaign, but could help in general.

Agreed. See the link in my signature. A "bill" would be a good complimentary tool!

This revolution isn't a one time thing. We need to WAKE people up!!

freedominnumbers
01-14-2008, 08:28 AM
This could be most effective if sent in a month or two when most are expecting a tax refund check. Get some mock Government envelops made and a spoof treasury type letter.

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Anyone with artistic talent that can get a pdf or jpg "bill" worked up that people can print? Would work best if we can print addresses easily on the "bill" and use the window type envelopes.

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
great Idea dude...How about making a paper bill and dropping it in all your neighbors' mailbox...a

Just saying how it would be to make the dispatch as three items:

1) The 400K bill (39847.29 or whatever is exact)
2) A booklet explaining how true this is, and internet links (to govt/ news/ think-tank sites) where they can verify that themselves.
3) And how brutal US govt can be to recollect that debt (practically a part of it though). Reminding the Economic crisis/ Gold seizure / Recent Sub-prime Mortgage crisis etc. etc.

(also indicating that Federal Reserve is Private enterprise )

Edu
01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Make a stupid bird logo and do what the government does, put "Department of Revenue".

Just don't say who's revenue department, just like they do. Also, give them 14 days to pay! Just like they do!

Remember. a "notice of lien" isn't a lien, and there is no lien actually filed, go look.

Mahkato
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
This would probably work best if we organized it and printed and mailed all the letters from one source. We could also get the bulk mailing rate which would make it cheaper and look more like the real thing.

Could we use the address list that was purchased for the letter-writing campaigns?

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 09:05 AM
If someone would kindly volunteer to be project coordinator and start a chipin, we can start generating printing fees and postage fees.

princessredtights
01-14-2008, 09:19 AM
great Idea dude...How about making a paper bill and dropping it in all your neighbors' mailbox...a

Just saying how it would be to make the dispatch as three items:

1) The 400K bill (39847.29 or whatever is exact)
2) A booklet explaining how true this is, and internet links (to govt/ news/ think-tank sites) where they can verify that themselves.
3) And how brutal US govt can be to recollect that debt (practically a part of it though). Reminding the Economic crisis/ Gold seizure / Recent Sub-prime Mortgage crisis etc. etc.

(also indicating that Federal Reserve is Private enterprise )

Be careful not to leave anything in the mailbox ... (it's illegal) ...

now, back to your regular programming ...

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
^^^

BeFranklin
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a so powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

2) Add a page explaining that "We are bankrupt, you owe us" (or something along those lines)
3) Explain a short and comprehensive list of points through which ron paul would address the issue.
4) Send it to as many households as possible, and personally addressed to the household's owner/family name (make it personal!).

If this is well done, it could at least move the focus of the whole political discussion towards the economic troubles while portraying ron paul as the only one having real solutions to a huge problem. (The danger of associating ron paul to a bill has to be addressed).

Now, I live in switzerland and have no real idea on how a US bill looks (otherwise I would already have made a draft)... that's why I ask you all to support this idea. I think it has really really really big potential. What do you think?

Use a version of Ron Paul monopoly money to emphasis the point:

http://www.freemarketopoly.com/prototypes/50bucks_prototype.jpg

Promo
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Is it illegal in the US for "common" people (not a mailman) to drop letters and stuff in mailboxes? I didn't know that.. here in Switzerland we get so much spam that way.. I guess we should adopt a law or two from you after all ;)

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Is it illegal in the US for "common" people (not a mailman) to drop letters and stuff in mailboxes? I didn't know that.. here in Switzerland we get so much spam that way.. I guess we should adopt a law or two from you after all ;)

Our postal service is a monopoly and they "own" our mailboxes. That's why people can't put stuff in them.

Slist
01-14-2008, 09:47 AM

That made my day! I love the many subtle and not so subtle references...
Back to the point: I won't create a chipin since I don't live in the US and would not expect anyone to send money to a foreigner. For the same reason, I simply cannot take coordination since someone on american soil is better suited. I could look into creating a simple webpage though, but this might take some days (although I would prefer someone with better skills than mine :D).

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
If someone would kindly volunteer to be project coordinator and start a chipin, we can start generating printing fees and postage fees.

???

aymn27
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a so powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."oes your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 10:06 AM
OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."Does your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"

Awesome!!! :D

Promo
01-14-2008, 10:08 AM
OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."oes your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"

Eh eh, freaky indeed! :D And your alternative sounds even better!

romeshomey
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I like the idea...

Abyss
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
it would wake people up, and create a BIG media buzz, I think this should be done.

bulloncoins
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
We need something to make America wake up and take notice. This sounds like a good idea.......But it needs to look very legit so people will open it and read it. It needs to look like a real bill from Uncle Sam.

jake
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
any pro graphics designers willing to take up the task?

Promo
01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
We need something to make America wake up and take notice. This sounds like a good idea.......But it needs to look very legit so people will open it and read it. It needs to look like a real bill from Uncle Sam.

I agree, is there any "template" or anyone who could scan a real-world copy of such a bill? Being a foreigner I really have no idea on how it looks like

Slist
01-14-2008, 10:21 AM
As someone said before, we need:

- a logo with a bird
- a generic but official sounding name

and we should get no legal hassles. If we use real logos or names, they could sue.

BeFranklin
01-14-2008, 10:24 AM

This would run into legal problems; same as putting mail directly into a mailbox. Thats why I offered the Ron Paul monopoly money - took that into account.. even an assurance it isn't real money! lol

BeFranklin
01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I agree, is there any "template" or anyone who could scan a real-world copy of such a bill? Being a foreigner I really have no idea on how it looks like

Bad idea, that might break laws here. Have to be careful about doing things like that, especially if its for a protest too.

bulloncoins
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Bad idea, that might break laws here. Have to be careful about doing things like that, especially if its for a protest too.

Hell, if you send carnival colored junk mail to them it will go straight to the trash.....
If it does not look like a bill, it will not get opened.

It would be another waste of time and money.

Grow a pair....the revolution is in trouble.

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info, I was unaware of that because I am a foreigner

+1 and

I can do the Graphics work if someone provide me the template (Govt. Legal Notice) and Text to write in

Use a version of Ron Paul monopoly money to emphasis the point:

I think the 1$ 'Illuminati' note will be good for the 'notice' and the Ron Paul note in the solution booklet.

BeFranklin
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Hell, if you send carnival colored junk mail to them it will go straight to the trash.....
If it does not look like a bill, it will not get opened.

It would be another waste of time and money.

Grow a pair....the revolution is in trouble.

There are laws that govern this, we should make sure we aren't breaking them. Been through this discussion probably 6-8 times in the last ten years, usually on the side of non-caution.

caradeporra
01-14-2008, 10:48 AM
great idea, except i believe the actual number owed is more like 40K, not 400. but still would hit home with a lot of people.

caradeporra
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM

only illegal if YOU place it there...VERY legal if you mail it!

EvilEngineer
01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I say we ship it out, with no information about Ron Paul on it. Only camouflaged website and phone numbers. The key here is to make sure that they have no reason to doubt the call to action, and have to actively call or go online to try and get this resolved.

We need an official sounding website to point to that can contain information about the reality of the debt, and links to Dr. Paul.

If you have ideas for a website URL to do this (.org preferably), PM the name to me, DO NOT post it here! We've had too many incidents of cyber squatters taking our good URL names for their selfish personal gain.

John P Slevin
01-14-2008, 11:04 AM

I'd do what any god fearing Republican would do. I'd pay the government whatever they want, then I'd get down on my knees and be thankful I live in a free country, and listen to my Kate Smith records too of course. :)

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
great idea, except i believe the actual number owed is more like 40K, not 400. but still would hit home with a lot of people.

The fact is we have huge trade imbalances, massive deficits, and a $9 trillion national debt, which balloons to $60 trillion if unfunded future liabilities in social security and other promises we have made to Americans are included.

60,000,000,000,000$/113,400,000(2004 census) households =

529,100.53$/household

EvilEngineer
01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Also if we do this, we need to make sure that we give ample warning to the Ron Paul call center, so they can deal with this, or setup a separate line / script.

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I say we ship it out, with no information about Ron Paul on it. Only camouflaged website and phone numbers. The key here is to make sure that they have no reason to doubt the call to action, and have to actively call or go online to try and get this resolved.

We need an official sounding website to point to that can contain information about the reality of the debt, and links to Dr. Paul.

If you have ideas for a website URL to do this (.org preferably), PM the name to me, DO NOT post it here! We've had too many incidents of cyber squatters taking our good URL names for their selfish personal gain.

I say we do it with very detailed numbers adding the totals of social security, the wars, and all else and then give an alternate proposal that requires no taxation, allows them to keep their social security, and ends our overseas occupation.

Brian Bailey
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm trying to find a source on the dollar amount so that I can run an article on this project. Anyone help me out?

Energy
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
While we're at it, let's get an 8.5"x11" flyer made. And a dimension for newspaper ads for anyone who wants to place one locally.

roversaurus
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't like most of the direct mail spending from the campaign.

But sending a bill to every household would be good.
Send them a bill for the Iraq war.

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 11:11 AM
60,000,000,000,000$/113,400,000(2004 census) households =

529,100.53$/household

Correcting my numbers:

60,000,000,000,000$/109,900,000(2004 census) households =

545,950.86$/household

sources:
http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam.html#dc

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=1020

crasster1
01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes some artist make up somthing artistic with 400k on it. Make it look like a real bill you get in the mail.

Especially if one could put in a form area on wordpad or word that would allow somebody to type in a real name / address etc.

Account number can be USA1776

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm trying to find a source on the dollar amount so that I can run an article on this project. Anyone help me out?

http://www.gao.gov/htext/d08395cg.html

Promo
01-14-2008, 11:14 AM

We took this video as source: the general US Comptroller is stating that number

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q2QE137fRvs

But I guess there is also some official document somewhere about it

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Another source addressing the National Debt (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html) issue here

take time to look around the site for more.

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.gao.gov/htext/d08395cg.html

Table: How Big is Our Growing Fiscal Burden?

This fiscal burden can be translated and compared as follows:

Total major fiscal exposures: $52.7 trillion;
Total household net worth[1]: $58.6 trillion;
Burden/Net worth ratio: 90 percent.

Burden[2]:
Per person: $175,000;
Per full-time worker: $410,000;
Per household: $455,000.
Income:
Median household income[3]: $48,201;
Disposable personal income per capita[4]: $33,253.

Source: GAO analysis.

Notes: (1) Federal Reserve Board, Flow of Funds Accounts, Table B.100,
2007:Q3 (December 6, 2007); (2) Burdens are calculated using estimated
total U.S. population as of 10/1/2007, from the U.S. Census Bureau;
full-time workers reported by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, in NIPA
table 6.5D (Aug. 1, 2007); and households reported by the U.S. Census
Bureau, in Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United
States: 2006(Aug. 2007); (3) U.S. Census Bureau, Income, Poverty, and
Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2006(Aug. 2007); and
(4) Bureau of Economic Analysis, Personal Income and Outlays, table 2,
(Nov. 29, 2007).

Here is an odd thing. While I was checking out this thread I alt-tabbed to find this website that I must have uploaded last week. Kind of odd considering that the question was asked and the answer(the very govt website that does these numbers) was already right there on my screen an alt-tab away. I tell ya, eerie stuff has been happening with this campaign. But it's all good. =P

myst
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
its 40k not 400k

RonPaulVolunteer
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Send no money now, you will simply be taxed for the rest of your natural life.

Basilieus
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
its 40k not 400k

The entire US debt, not our 9 trillion. 60 Trillion.

Edit: they are saying per household not per person

hazek
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Excellent idea. I couldn't agree more.

puppetmaster
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
nice attention getter!

Basilieus
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I will design the check when I get home, maybe even the brochure so people can print it out at kinko's and mail it to people.

Promo
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I will design the check when I get home, maybe even the brochure so people can print it out at kinko's and mail it to people.

That would be great, thanks! ;)

Slist
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM

Thanks Basilieus, that's really great!!!! :D

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Send no money now, you will simply be taxed for the rest of your natural life.
Actually, if what the Comptroller General was saying is true, then at some point even 100% taxes wouldn't pay for our obligations. That's the scariest thing of all, and only Ron Paul has the actual answers for it. I figure this is all at current and rising healthcare prices, but if Dr. Paul crushes the medical-industrial complex, those prices come down. This goes hand in hand with slashing our foreign policy and reducing government spending and personal income taxes.

This is ridiculous. This would be such an effective ad for the CAMPAIGN to produce. Has anyone sent this to the official campaign? Grassroots could work on it at the same time in case the campaign doesn't follow through, but this could easily win voters over as long as all the facts are straight and we don't even have to attack other candidates with this one, just lay out Dr. Paul's plans and also a call for civic duty to elect to Congress those who will follow through with this. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak and grow the support base for sound financial policy.

USAF Vet Dan
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I say we do it with very detailed numbers adding the totals of social security, the wars, and all else and then give an alternate proposal that requires no taxation, allows them to keep their social security, and ends our overseas occupation.

I agree... go beyond the total by giving them a break down (just like you'd get on a "real" invoice). This will not only focus on the crushing debt, but will wake them up to how much military occupation of foreign countries actually costs, welfare, etc.

Knightskye
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM

Tape it to the door; leave it on the front porch; hang it on the doorknob, etc. We don't need the mailbox!

robert4rp08
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
great idea!

nbhadja
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Mention something about the 59 trillion national debt as well, so they can get a picture of the total debt as well as it allocated to each family.

Slist
01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
If we do it right, the media WILL write about it.
For instance a mass mail to the super tuesday states. How much would it get to send it to all households, anyone has an idea? I mean with mass-mail rebates and such?

beachmaster
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
If we do it right, the media WILL write about it.
For instance a mass mail to the super tuesday states. How much would it get to send it to all households, anyone has an idea? I mean with mass-mail rebates and such?

Very VERY expensive. Postage alone for 1,000,000 houses is $410,000. Figure 250,000 for the mailing piece. Then there's the cost of stuffing and mailing the envelopes.

There's a direct mail guru named Vincent James who supposedly made gazillions of dollars in direct mail... he might be the guy to locate for help on a project this size. I think he claims he was railroaded by the federal government on bogus mail charges for which he did time, so just keep that in mind. On the other hand, he may donate his time just in spite! lol

(I don't know Vincent James... I'm not even sure that's the name, just read about him on a direct marketing forum recently).

One point on legal matters... I don't think Ron Paul could make the voice recording, as that would have him coordinating with grass roots. But an official sounding announcer could do the job by just speaking of Ron Paul in the third person.

Visualize President Paul!

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
115.8 million households

Here would be the bill:

Future Social Security benefits, : $58,709.68
Future Medicare Part A benefits, : $106,195.45
Future Medicare Part B benefits, : $115,692.60
Future Medicare Part D benefits, : $72,523.72
Other Expenditures(Administrative costs, bookkeeping, postage, etc.), : $102,741.94
Total household liability: $455,863.39

Monthly Payment: $1,266.29 at 30 years

For alternate methods of dealing with your future liabilities please visit: (name of website with numbers that show Ron Paul's plan)

Basilieus
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
115.8 million households

Here would be the bill:

Future Social Security benefits, : $58,709.68
Future Medicare Part A benefits, : $106,195.45
Future Medicare Part B benefits, : $115,692.60
Future Medicare Part D benefits, : $72,523.72
Other Expenditures(Administrative costs, bookkeeping, postage, etc.), : $102,741.94
Total household liability: $455,863.39

Monthly Payment: $1,266.29 at 30 years

For alternate methods of dealing with your future liabilities please visit: (name of website with numbers that show Ron Paul's plan)

WITHOUT INTEREST!!

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
its 40k not 400k

just go to the GOVERNMENT website I linked. That makes it very clear it is 455k per household.

Also, that is NOT including the federal debt. That is ONLY future liabilities to social security and medicare. It does NOT include state or city debts either. It does not include your personal debt. If you add all of that up too, the amount is astronomical.

ItsTime
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
People are already mailing to the states anyway arent they? Cant someone just make a pdf so we can print them out and send them to those states?

Slist
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
There's a direct mail guru named Vincent James who supposedly made gazillions of dollars in direct mail... he might be the guy to locate for help on a project this size. I think he claims he was railroaded by the federal government on bogus mail charges for which he did time, so just keep that in mind.

The name is actually Vincent James but what I found looks quite suspicious to me: stuff like "learn how to make 100 Million dollars in 22 months like Vincent James did"... There are quite a lot of bulk mail companies though. They print the stuff you want them to send, and can even do individual letters. So this would be an option. Price is around what you predicted, I got

PROJECT TOTAL $3245 (32¢/ea)

You Selected
10000 Big Yellow Cards
mailed to a Resident List

on one site. But obviously the power of the R[evol]ution lies in our own efforts! We can all print and send some letters if we coordinate it well. BUT this might not look as professional and could even cost more (due to bulk mail rebates we could not get).

Anyways, I am anxiously awaiting the bill draft :D

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
WITHOUT INTEREST!!

There is no interest on that one since it is promises made for future social security and medicare recipients. However, there certainly is interest of the federal, state, and city debts. That number is very large too.

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Tape it to the door; leave it on the front porch; hang it on the doorknob, etc. We don't need the mailbox!

Use the envelopes like gas/water companies do - stick them on the door knobs! :D

This is something precinct leaders could do... maybe we could even coordinate it to happen on the same day?

Mahkato
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
These need to be mailed from a central source. It is far too inefficient to do anything but professionally handled bulk mail. This needs to be printed, folded, and stuffed on machines built for the job, and mailed at the bulk mail rate in a window envelope, with "Account Information" printed on the outside.

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
These need to be mailed from a central source. It is far too inefficient to do anything but professionally handled bulk mail. This needs to be printed, folded, and stuffed on machines built for the job, and mailed at the bulk mail rate in a window envelope, with "Account Information" printed on the outside.

IMO

1. Centralized Printing/ Folding etc
2. Ship to state HQs
3. then to Prictinct capt.
4. local volunteers (who will distribute them door-to-door)

beachmaster
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Be sure to put in BOLD ALL CAPS on the envelope: FINAL NOTICE!

It truly is "final notice" time after all!

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
bumkp

beachmaster
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Be sure to put in BOLD ALL CAPS on the envelope: FINAL NOTICE!

It truly is "final notice" time after all!
No.. don't put that on the outside of the envelope... I think that may be illegal (the world can see that you theoretically are behind on your bills). Put it on the top of the actual "bill".

ThomasJ
01-14-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.gao.gov/cghome/d08353cg.pdf

This is from the Comptroller General.

Pretty good overall article that could be used in conjunction with the Invoice.

Promo
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.gao.gov/cghome/d08353cg.pdf

This is from the Comptroller General.

Pretty good overall article that could be used in conjunction with the Invoice.

Wow, look at page 15, exactly what we needed! :)

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
bump

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I wonder if this is one of those ideas that HQ should actually do?

Would grassroots be able to pull this off?

Promo
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I wonder if this is one of those ideas that HQ should actually do?

Would grassroots be able to pull this off?

I don't know but it would seem logical to me to do something like this preferably officially.. do you know if anyone here has ever contacted HQ?

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Do both guys. Anyone a graphic artist here? I'm thinking of putting together all this information and interweaving it with Dr. Paul's stances on many other things related to monetary policy. This would be the text of the message, but I don't have the software for graphics like llepard's ad had. I'm thinking if we can get a black and white version of a one page document then we can at least give these out while canvassing. I'm pretty sure bulk copying can be had fairly cheap. We need to strike now with this and if the campaign decides to do it as well, well then the people will see it from two different sources and make it that much more impactful.

eggnogaddict
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
blimpie

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Do both guys. Anyone a graphic artist here? I'm thinking of putting together all this information and interweaving it with Dr. Paul's stances on many other things related to monetary policy. This would be the text of the message, but I don't have the software for graphics like llepard's ad had. I'm thinking if we can get a black and white version of a one page document then we can at least give these out while canvassing. I'm pretty sure bulk copying can be had fairly cheap. We need to strike now with this and if the campaign decides to do it as well, well then the people will see it from two different sources and make it that much more impactful.

one here, just send me the text

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 04:23 PM
one here, just send me the text
Would it be okay if I posted this here on the boards somewhere or even in this thread? I won't be able to start on this until tonight, but once I do start working on it I guess I can start a new thread with the text and everyone can help decide the text that should be there like they've done with other projects.

Promo
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
sounds good to me ;)

also, check some posts in the previous pages.. someone already wrote some sample text and figures as well as official references for the "bill"

rpfan2008
01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Would it be okay if I posted this here on the boards somewhere or even in this thread? I won't be able to start on this until tonight, but once I do start working on it I guess I can start a new thread with the text and everyone can help decide the text that should be there like they've done with other projects.

kool

very democratic indeed

literatim
01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
The bill should be separate from Ron Paul's stances. Anything about Ron Paul should be on a separate page.

Cyclone
01-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, I like the idea as long as you include some Ron Paul literature in the mailing. But, mailings are very expensive. Maybe we could target some places?

Basilieus
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Well, I like the idea as long as you include some Ron Paul literature in the mailing. But, mailings are very expensive. Maybe we could target some places?

Target all the populated cities, once people hear or read about it they will tell other people, no need to hit everyone.

literatim
01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
On the grand scheme of things, mailings are not that expensive.

krott5333
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
okay, this is probably the best idea ive heard in a long long time.

sticky this NOW!

We need to get on this.

Honestly, I would love to work on the bill, but my graphic ability is severely limited.

Whoever is up for designing this, please make it so that it would look good in greyscale.

Mahkato
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbump

Slist
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
This could be another source about debt. It is also pretty shocking since it is in real-time: http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

JimInNY
01-14-2008, 11:40 PM

PMing domain name

krott5333
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM

I dont like that idea. How many people are going to take the time to do that? I know I would probably tear it up and throw it out.

Put all the information and what you are selling right in the package.

beachmaster
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I dont like that idea. How many people are going to take the time to do that? I know I would probably tear it up and throw it out.

Put all the information and what you are selling right in the package.

Agreed.

RSLudlum
01-15-2008, 12:14 AM
"You owe 400k towards US Debt"
"How will you pay for your part?"
"I'm voting Ron Paul"

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
bump

rpfan2008
01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Pat Buchanan

This self-indulgent generation has borrowed itself into unpayable debt. Now the folks from whom we borrowed to buy all that oil and all those cars, electronics and clothes are coming to buy the country we inherited. We are prodigal sons, and the day of reckoning approaches.

taken from here (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article59693.html)

ricket
01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
This is a fantastic idea. I love the idea of the homeowner being freaked out and calling a number and pushing #2 and it being a message from Dr. Paul. The reason that it would work so beautifully is that if everyone realized how much their household *really* was in debt, they might just "see the light" and start realizing how badly our country needs a change in direction.

Of course it would be terrifying to get a 400k bill but people dont realize that the bill is *real*, it's just not consolidated into one single payment. Just spread out through the rest of their lives, and their kids' lives, and their kids' kids' lives, etc.

Brian Bailey
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
To the people running this project... I think it's fantastic and I want to help out by promoting it.

However, I do not want to let the cat out of the bag or hurt your endeavor. Please get in contact with me and let me know when you want to start recruiting help. I can get the word out. Just tell me when.

mosquitobite
01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
bump

aymn27
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I am going to work on this tonite. I think the fact that two of us had the exact same idea may be a bit of "divine" intervention (yea yea..I'm an evangelical Christian backing the good Dr.). I will post something tomm. I need help getting the idea from "idea" stage to "implementation"..I just don't have the time to do it all (nor the money - very little money actually).

Arklatex
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I support this idea.

Slist
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
just a little bump

tommyzDad
01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7909/excellentyu8ks1.jpg

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
bump

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
//

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
^^^

lx43
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I like this idea it will scare the hell out of people and make them think. Okay maybe thinking is a too much but scaring the hell out of them is still good.

Is there a chip in available?

What will the fake bill have on it.

Mahkato
01-15-2008, 08:25 PM
So is anyone actually heading up this idea or are we all just sitting around wondering when something is going to happen?

UKMan
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
National debt clock for websites.

http://zfacts.com/p/789.html

Slist
01-16-2008, 01:36 AM
So is anyone actually heading up this idea or are we all just sitting around wondering when something is going to happen?

Actually I was hoping too for someone to come forward. Many people wrote they were working on a bill and said they would post it here. I would head this project if for many reasons I couldn't (for one, someone living in the US is needed..)..

rpfan2008
01-16-2008, 01:40 AM
I am waiting for someone to send me the text..I'll do the Graphics Work..

AceNZ
01-16-2008, 01:51 AM
This reminds me of those fake bills sent out by companies that are disguised attempts to get you to buy something (especially popular with the alternative yellow pages folks for some reason). Always a big turn-off -- in fact, they can easily generate a lot of resentment.

I dunno folks. Do we really need to be deceptive? If you're going to do direct mail, I think a well-written campaign brochure would work better.

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Sorry guys, meant to start last night, but I got home a little too late. Been following the Michigan stuff on the forums as well after I woke up. Going to start the post somewhere and have the pieces of it up so if others want to help with fact checking and such they can do that while I sleep or work on other parts of it.

What I was thinking of doing was just something grassroots could hand out while canvassing or email to others. Or even something that could be placed in papers. I think we would make a huge friend with David Walker because he seems to literally be begging for this info to get to the public. In fact, the brochure has no copyrights except for images that may be used in it. Not sure if that applies to any of the images in it though.

Jobarra
01-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Okay, I started a new thread to encourage work on the document.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=91244