PDA

View Full Version : To all those that bash HQ

AircooledVW
01-14-2008, 02:37 AM
When did everyone turn into a bunch of babies? You act as if Ron Paul was supposed to get 100% of the vote or something. Everyone wants to dog on the HQ but HQ doesnt have a genie in a lantern to create more votes. Obviously this thing isnt going as well as it could, but look at how he's portrayed in the media. If your for Ron Paul winning this thing you have to look long term like with any investment. Its not going to be easy and thats just life. Were talking about pushing back everything wrong thats been done in the last 100 years! Point is stop blaming everything on HQ as if they ruined your super sweet 16 birthday party. Shit aint gonna turn out great at first but as we learn what works best things will improve. Ron's won 10 terms in Congress and has a much better understanding of campaigning strategy than we do. If you have some constructive criticism great! Lets see what can improve. If all you can do is talk crap cause its not going perfect, then go find something better to do.

Indy Vidual
01-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Good point
````````

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)
````````

xj0hnx
01-14-2008, 06:55 AM
They have made some serious mistakes that have cost them. Accepting a donation from a known white nationalist was bad, coupled with the recent lies about Ron Pauls racism is just bad.

propanes
01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
They have made some serious mistakes that have cost them. Accepting a donation from a known white nationalist was bad, coupled with the recent lies about Ron Pauls racism is just bad.

Welcome to the forums. I disagree that accepting the $500 was the cause. The lack of results is more likely.

DjLoTi
01-14-2008, 07:15 AM
You posted in the wrong board.

Dlynne
01-14-2008, 07:59 AM
The campaign has been inept, and that is why some people are angry, including me. For example, failing to appear for scheduled radio shows and press conferences and failure to hire top notch professional staff.

bucfish
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Do we forget what we are up against? Many things will be brought before us and the coll heads at HQ's seem to recognize the right way to go about things. Although we should take things upon ourselves most of the time. Look at all things Objectively. Know when to pick your battles and know when to hold out. HQ asking for a recount in NH would have been a HUGH mistake. Rather learn from OUR experience and grow. Remember the longer we are a fringe candidate the better. Gives us more time to spread the word and plant seeds.

amonasro
01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Good post. All these armchair campaign managers are really starting to hack me off. Whether they are purposely trying to divide the grassroots is impossible to tell but they seem to be somewhat out of touch with the reality of what we're up against AND how HQ works. Actually they have no idea how HQ works since they often base their accusations on heresay and third party information.

I just question peoples' loyalty whose energy is directed towards harsh criticisms of HQ instead of staying positive, looking forward to solutions and spreading Ron's message.

Cigaboo
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I think Ron and the campaign are doing the best they can, and so are we. I think all this criticism isn't going to change things, and will only have a detrimental effect on the morale of those who visit the forum. In other words, I think that the abundance of negativity in these forums is more damaging than any mistake the campaign may be making right now.

mmink15
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
If you're just upset that you don't see your money being spent let me present you with an alternative. SEND ME MATERIALS Keep your money but send me a Private Message and I'll give you my address so you can help the campaign by getting me materials to hand out. All materials WILL be handed out to potential Ron Paul voters.

Churchill2004
01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
We're not just "bashing" HQ because Paul hasn't done well- we've pointed out very real, serious mistakes that HQ has made. We could have flooded Iowa and particularly New Hampshire with high-quality ads, and there's no excuse for not doing so. Period.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Do we forget what we are up against? Many things will be brought before us and the coll heads at HQ's seem to recognize the right way to go about things. Although we should take things upon ourselves most of the time. Look at all things Objectively. Know when to pick your battles and know when to hold out. HQ asking for a recount in NH would have been a HUGH mistake. Rather learn from OUR experience and grow. Remember the longer we are a fringe candidate the better. Gives us more time to spread the word and plant seeds.

I wonder how many people who complain are actually out there canvassing. Seems like it's just mostly noise in here and results out there. We all know the argument, don't trust internet results.

AuH2O
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM

Wasn't it Dr. Paul's choice to keep the donation?

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Excellent thread.

Ron Paul could be sitting back with his feet kicked up at his private practice making a boatload of money. Instead he decided to fight(not just run) for politics in a day where "almost all" of the politicians are corrupt.
In the process he's inherited the hatred of an even more corrupt media system which encourages the annihilation of freedom of speech so nobody questions the stamp of approval they place on select politicians.

Why Ron Paul is fighting for all of our promised freedoms, and to keep the government out of our pockets is a bit of a mystery. He certainly doesn't need to. The only possible answer can be he wants to. He's a true patriot and too put it frankly has a pair of balls.

Quit the Paul bashing, the media is doing enough of that already. To quote a certain sports film

"Help Him Help You"

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I wonder how many people who complain are actually out there canvassing. Seems like it's just mostly noise in here and results out there.
I'm the first one to point the finger at HQ. Before the NH primary I notified NH HQ that the meetup groups weren't contacted. The election went by and they were never contacted. I never even got a reply. This is unacceptable if Frank Luntz from Fox News can contact us directly why can't campaign directors do there job and address legitimate issues that they have been made aware of by campaign supporters? These questions should be addressed if not those people should be fired

That being said another issue needs to be raised. Why are they 13,000 people on this board, 70,000 facebook fans, millions of self proclaimed R3volution members, a button on Ronpaul2008.com that says become a a precinct leader, and yet only 7000 people have signed up so far. Why?

ambiguousscion
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Agreed, constructive criticism is... constructive

Avalon
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Before the NH primary I notified NH HQ that the meetup groups weren't contacted. The election went by and they were never contacted. What does that mean? That the campaign should have said, "You probably know this already, but the primary is two days from now."? If you mean something more, they don't coordinate efforts with the meetup groups. You need to go to them (and I'd bet they sent out emails to everyone in NH who signed up at the official website) to join in on their events.

That being said another issue needs to be raised. Why are they 13,000 people on this board, 70,000 facebook fans, millions of self proclaimed R3volution members, a button on Ronpaul2008.com that says become a a precinct leader, and yet only 7000 people have signed up so far. Why? Because most people don't care enough; they've let others carry the weight from the beginning and are mostly here for the celebrations.

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
What does that mean? That the campaign should have said, "You probably know this already, but the primary is two days from now."? If you mean something more, they don't coordinate efforts with the meetup groups. You need to go to them (and I'd bet they sent out emails to everyone in NH who signed up at the official website) to join in on their events.
Elections aren't usually won by getting new people to join you the day the voting takes place. There won by getting the voters you already have out to the polls. That clearly wasn't done. The only question is to what degree. The Ron Paul meetup.com group members in New Hampshire number well into thousands. HQ had access to a list with all there contact information. They even had paid staff helping in some of the meetup groups. The contact list of Paul Supporters wasn't used or even passed down to people who were willing to make use of it. That's dropping the ball.

But I'm getting off topic here. I don't think there's any reason for debating if HQ has made some some mistakes so far. They clearly have. My point was making 1000 threads bashing HQ isn't going to do any good. Passing out fliers, Donating, Telling people you know about Ron Paul, and becoming a precinct leader is.

Because most people don't care enough; they've let others carry the weight from the beginning and are mostly here for the celebrations. Btw nice post, although I have to say I enjoyed the second part a whole lot more;)

People all have distinct responsibilities in a political campaign. That means Ron Paul, his supporters, and paid staff. When one of those fails to complete their responsibilities the campaign can not function as a group. Yes paid staff is partly to blame, but they have to share some of it with supporters.
If every person that has claimed they supported Ron Paul really did, the number of precinct leaders would be 10 times what it is now. Whether you're Ron Paul, supporters, or paid staff if you're not giving it everything you got who are you fooling? Get off the wagon.

pauldaman
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Agreed, constructive criticism is... constructive

Usually...