PDA

View Full Version : All or Nothing, "Kicking in the RNC"

LandonCook
01-14-2008, 02:19 AM
I was reading in another topic about Republican top dogs talking about the need for our support in the general.

The thing is... I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares the RNC and top Republicans the most.

But Hey! If we know they are scared, why not use this?!?!

We need a website pledging to switch to the libertarian party with hundreds of thousands of pledges if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Sort of a... Nomination or else kind of thing...

So I can walk into the RNC this fall and say... "We have the abillity to make or break you... So tell me.... Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk"

What ya think?

Nailhead
01-14-2008, 02:22 AM
im sure they know that. They (Neo Republicans) can not win the election without us. There are too many people like myself that will just write in Ron Paul, even if he doesn't run third party, because we know Dem or Rep they are all the same

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Exactly. I'll write him in or vote lib, but I'll never help Republicans again, short of there being another Ron Paul-type candidate.

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 02:30 AM
But, we need to get a website going, that's what I love about this forum and movement. The ideas come together and we get results pulled off.

literatim
01-14-2008, 02:31 AM
They are scared because we can vote in constitutionalists in the Republican Party. This goes far beyond simply the Presidency.

Plus, I will never join the Libertarian Party.

Indy Vidual
01-14-2008, 02:36 AM
But, we need to get a website going, that's what I love about this forum and movement. The ideas come together and we get results pulled off.

We had over 100,000 individual donors last quarter. :)
That sent a message.

Too many projects = Hard for people to join them all.

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Ah true Indy Vidual.

ValidusCustodiae
01-14-2008, 02:37 AM
They will still fight us because secretly they want Hillary to win more than Ron Paul. This isn't just about principles anymore. If Ron Paul won it would make all of them look like the biggest idiots on the planet, and if you ask me, they're more scared of that than anything. If Hillary becomes president, they get to boost themselves up with talk of her failure (inevitable failure).

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 02:38 AM
They may fight us, but, they don't want to lose their party either. That's what they are faced with now I believe.

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Heard an interesting thing from Newt Gingrich this morning while I was eating breakfast and watching one of the political shows before canvassing. Newt stated that Lincoln was nominated under a brokered convention. The first ballot had him in 3rd. Wouldn't it be nice to walk in with a 3rd of the delegates and through reasoning and debate actually get Dr. Paul the presidency? Hopefully we can do that if he doesn't steamroll from Feb 5th on. I know if it's looking like a brokered convention and I'm actually selected as a delegate to go to the convention, I'm going to start reading up on debating as well as all of Dr. Paul's positions(well, at least get to the causes of why he believes that way)

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 02:45 AM
That's a good idea Jobarra. I'll do the same

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 02:53 AM
I was reading in another topic about Republican top dogs talking about the need for our support in the general.

The thing is... I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares the RNC and top Republicans the most.

But Hey! If we know they are scared, why not use this?!?!

We need a website pledging to switch to the libertarian party with hundreds of thousands of pledges if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Sort of a... Nomination or else kind of thing...

So I can walk into the RNC this fall and say... "We have the abillity to make or break you... So tell me.... Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk"

What ya think?

It should be a pledge of verifiably registered Republicans promising to vote for the eventual Democratic nominee. What the RNC is trying to figure out is who a 3rd party run hurts more, the Republican nominee or the Democratic nominee. Let's take the guess work out of it for them. Voting 3rd party, if we draw more votes from the Dems than the GOP, will be considered a positive by the RNC. Besides, by promising to vote for the Dems, if our candidate isn't nominated, we not only make the impact of our departure certain, but we also greatly intensify that impact (do the math).

What it comes down to, for me, is this: there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the other candidates, from either party, and we don't do our movement any justice by either supporting the party that has spurned us, or by dividing the vote. If we want to be respected, if we want to make them pay attention, we must make our impact felt, we must hit the RNC where it hurts. Keep in mind that this is coming from a lifelong Republican, who has never voted for a Democrat in his life. I'm seriously pissed at the way they've been treating Dr. Paul.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 10:46 AM
blimp

speciallyblend
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
blimp

hocaltar
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
They are scared because we can vote in constitutionalists in the Republican Party. This goes far beyond simply the Presidency.

Plus, I will never join the Libertarian Party.

I agree completely. Don't get me wrong it's not that my beliefs aren't more Libertarian, it's that I don't agree with the idea of parties of general. I was grinding my teeth just registering as a republican so that I could vote in the primaries.

FreeTraveler
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Definately!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89296

MJfromCT
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I believed the RNC has little intentions of winning this upcoming election. They know the Ron Paul vote will mostly vote for anything but RNC's candidate. They will use that opportunity to blame Ron Paul for having Hitlary running our country into the ground and how the republicans will need to save the day next election. The RNC's plan will fail as Ron Paul's supporters will continue to enlighten millions more to what is taking place in our govt.

AlexMerced
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
a site promoting a major party switch would be good to put pressure on the RNC, even if you don't plan on following through with the pledge, most of of us would

fuzzybekool
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I advocate staying in the Republican party, but growing our numbers and seeking candidates who will run on Ron Paul inspired ideals. With our numbers, we can take the party back from the neo-cons and the moral majority.

quickmike
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
What none of these cock knuckles realize is the fact that no matter who wins, this country is going to be bankrupt(already is actually) and were going down. Whatever little victory they THINK they have will be just more business as usual in washington. If america is too stupid to elect Ron Paul, I guess we get what we deserve dont we?

Its just one of those times that I wont feel so good about saying "I told you so" to the masses of sheep that let the media determine what policy we get, but Ill still do it.

LandonCook
01-14-2008, 01:03 PM
a site promoting a major party switch would be good to put pressure on the RNC, even if you don't plan on following through with the pledge, most of of us would

My point exactly...

LandonCook
01-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I advocate staying in the Republican party, but growing our numbers and seeking candidates who will run on Ron Paul inspired ideals. With our numbers, we can take the party back from the neo-cons and the moral majority.

I suggest that too... but I don't want the RNC thinking we will do that.

N13
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
If the RNC wats to get anything from the Ron Paul movement, they should expect to have to give something in exchange.

Contract must include things like a balanced budget requirement. That's just for starters...