PDA

View Full Version : Seriously: Why Isn't Ron Paul the Front-Runner?

RonPaulalways
01-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Here's a great article I found on digg:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Seriously_Why_Isn_t_Ron_Paul_the_Front_Runner

http://anyonebuthillaryin2008.blogspot.com/2008/01/seriously-why-isnt-ron-paul-front.html

InLoveWithRon
01-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Well the article states why Paul is not the front runner.. Because the media focuses on polarizing factors like Illegal Immigration, Social Security, Healthcare.. They don't concentrate on the REAL Issues like the USA is broke.. And if we keep on this path a great depression is in order.

Consider that average savings for americans is in the "minus" column.. The people are in the red.. And if the people don't have the money, guess who does.. That's right, the fed reserve, International bankers and multi billion $ corporations.. The citizens have jack all.

I hate to say this but it's true- The vast majority of the american public out there are morons.. And that's exactly how the media and the International bankers want us to be.. They got us right where they want us..

We are getting our collective asses kicked in this fight..

sharkcity
01-14-2008, 04:11 AM
the two war monger candidates won NH. Makes no sense. I hope you're wrong about the vast majority being morons. I know there are a lot..

inflamesdjk02
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I hope you're wrong about the vast majority being morons. I know there are a lot..

Unfortunately, I think about 75% of Americans are completely apathetic and/or retarded when it comes to politics & government.

Xenophage
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, I think about 75% of Americans are completely apathetic and/or retarded when it comes to politics & government.

Unfortunately, yeah, and changing that is the best thing we can hope to accomplish.

angrydragon
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Add the incompetence of the Ron Paul campaign which is adding to the blackout.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2007/11/no_news_is_bad_news.html

Members of the public, whether right-wing or left-wing, tend to believe that the members of the press are conspiring to suppress their views. In some instances this may be true, but this case provides a textbook study in how politicians, through their own incompetence, can bungle media coverage.

I found that out when I attended the rally to look for possible material for future columns. The bungling began when I showed up for what I had been told by Paul's staff was a press conference set for 12:15 at a hotel near the rally site. There was a nice room with a podium and even coffee on the side. One thing was missing, though: The press. I expected to see 20 or 30 reporters, but there were only two.

Maybe the others were on their way, I figured. Nope. At about 12:20, Paul's campaign chairman, Kent Snyder, abruptly informed us that there would be no press conference and that we should clear out so the candidate could meet with some contributors. When the journalists tried to ask the candidate a few questions, Snyder rudely interrupted them.

Like the rally, this was also unprecedented, but not in a good way. Usually it's the opposition that tries to sabotage a press conference.

As I've noted in prior columns, Paul's message of individual liberty could be a winning one if he ever gets it out to the masses. But the best way to reach the masses is through the mass media. No matter how hip and cool the Internet may seem, the news sites mainly link to newspaper stories.

Other candidates are finding other ways to screw up their press coverage as well, but because I've been following the Paul campaign I found this example to be most instructive.

It's encouraging that Paul has so many amateurs supporting him. Now if only he could find a few professionals.

jb4ronpaul
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
we don't control the media or the campaign, but we do control ourselves. The number one reason he is not the frontrunner is because not every single supporter is out there knocking on doors, making phone calls, writting letters, etc being a precinct captain.

Imagine tens of thousands of supporters working on their neighbors every day. How could we lose? But this is not happening.

asgardshill
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Ron Paul would do well to secure the services of a speaking coach and somebody well versed in public relations. No idea can gain popular traction if its delivered in a quiet droning monotone. Its almost like he's ashamed of what he is saying. Ron Paul is guilty of, as my grandmother used to put it, "hiding his light under a bushel basket."

I firmly believe that if Ron Paul did this, he would be the front-runner or right up there neck-and-neck with the front-runner.

loupeznik
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Ron Paul is not a front-runner because people don't understand that they pay for the services the the government gives them. They all think someone else is paying for what they are getting for free.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Ron Paul would do well to secure the services of a speaking coach and somebody well versed in public relations. No idea can gain popular traction if its delivered in a quiet droning monotone. Its almost like he's ashamed of what he is saying. Ron Paul is guilty of, as my grandmother used to put it, "hiding his light under a bushel basket."

I firmly believe that if Ron Paul did this, he would be the front-runner or right up there neck-and-neck with the front-runner.

It's not that Ron Paul speaks in a monotone, he doesn't. He's actually fairly animated once he gets going.

I see two problems, one he can't fix and one he can.

First, he has a high-pitched voice. Not squeaky, but certainly not a "commanding" voice. I don't see what he can do about this, but it's not insurmountable.

Second, he thinks fast and he talks fast and often doesn't complete his points before he changes the way he saying it. This confuses people who simply can't keep up with what he's saying so they tune out.

He definitely can work on this one with a good speech/debate coach.

In the last debate he did much better at pacing his speech and not letting the moderators keep him from saying what he wanted to say by their asking irrelevant questions. Also in his interview with Wolf Blitzer he took charge. Also in his interview with Laura Ingrahm he took charge.

I think he has been getting some type of coaching and we've seen the benifits during the last week or so.

He needs to keep doing more of this.

asgardshill
01-14-2008, 01:27 PM
It's not that Ron Paul speaks in a monotone, he doesn't. He's actually fairly animated once he gets going.

I see two problems, one he can't fix and one he can.

First, he has a high-pitched voice. Not squeaky, but certainly not a "commanding" voice. I don't see what he can do about this, but it's not insurmountable.

Second, he thinks faster than he talks and often doesn't complete his points before he changes the way he saying it. This confuses people who simply can't keep up with what he's saying so they tune out.

He definitely can work on this one with a good speech/debate coach, but I don't know if he's willing to do this.

Rumor has it that Lincoln had a similar problem. A commanding (if ugly by today's standards) presence but a voice that sounded like Little Orphan Annie. Good point on the "think faster than he talks" part.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
the two war monger candidates won NH. Makes no sense. I hope you're wrong about the vast majority being morons. I know there are a lot..

I doubt that "70%" are "against the war. I suspect that a minority of people actually oppose the war on principle. The rest don't want the US to be perceived by the world as "weak," and if that means ending the war, and claiming "victory," they favor that. But, if things are seen as going well for us, they are either indifferent or hawkish. Of the people actively opposed to the war, on principle, most fall outside of the GOP. Of the "principled" opposition within the Democratic Party, the principle that most of them cling to is that it's a "Republican war." I am convinced that, as long as Americans believe "the surge is working" mantra, most of them will continue to be apathetic, at best, or supportive, at worst.

azminuteman
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Hillary is not a war monger candidate.

Although she stated earlier that involvement should last through 2013, she has 'changed' her tune to a 1 year withdrawal which is in line with Ron Paul's exit strategy.

The difference is he would pull the navy away from the coast first.

JS4Pat
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM

+1

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Hillary is not a war monger candidate.

Although she stated earlier that involvement should last through 2013, she has 'changed' her tune to a 1 year withdrawal which is in line with Ron Paul's exit strategy.

The difference is he would pull the navy away from the coast first.

I just think Hillary (and most of the others as well) will say anything to anybody that they want to hear in order to get elected.

azminuteman
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
I just think Hillary (and most of the others as well) will say anything to anybody that they want to hear in order to get elected.

I am by no means trying to defend her, however, I will vote Democrat if John McCain is the Republican Nominee.
Otherwise, my vote belongs to Ron Paul, on the ballot or not.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I am by no means trying to defend her, however, I will vote Democrat if John McCain is the Republican Nominee.
Otherwise, my vote belongs to Ron Paul, on the ballot or not.

Well the one redeeming feature of a democracy is that you can always find someone to vote against.

InLoveWithRon
01-15-2008, 08:15 AM

Well this is "some" proof how americans are extremely stupid for the most part-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M5Xm5RYTRY&feature=related

InLoveWithRon
01-15-2008, 08:18 AM
And this is another one showing how dumb americans are.. And it pertains how we let the government (or the "owners" of this country) control people more and more as time goes on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVbhLw&feature=related

noztnac
01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
we don't control the media or the campaign, but we do control ourselves. The number one reason he is not the frontrunner is because not every single supporter is out there knocking on doors, making phone calls, writting letters, etc being a precinct captain.

Imagine tens of thousands of supporters working on their neighbors every day. How could we lose? But this is not happening.

Right on!:)

jumpyg1258
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I will tell ya why he's not number 1, its cause his campaign is not advertising! This has nothing to do with the supporters, heck I think RP supporters do more than any other campaigns supporters by at least 3 fold! I have yet to see or hear ONE advertisement for Ron Paul in my area, not ONE! The only advertising he gets around here is by people putting up signs like I have, but they get taken down pretty quickly. Heck 2 out of the 5 I put up a day and a half ago have already been taken down. Without any airtime by the press and with no advertising, of course no one is going to know who he is and not vote for him.

MrsG
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I also have not heard one single ad out here in California.

A friend of mine who lives in Carson City, Nevada
told me that she and her husband had not heard of Ron Paul.
Finally yesterday she heard a few second news
clip that Dr Paul was going to be at a coffee shop in her town.
But that was it. Not a single ad there either.

MrsG
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I also have not heard one single ad out here in California.

A friend of mine who lives in Carson City, Nevada
told me that she and her husband had not heard of Ron Paul.
Finally yesterday she heard a few second news
clip that Dr Paul was going to be at a coffee shop in her town.
But that was it. Not a single ad there either.

Follow up:
My friend in Carson City just told me she saw her first Ron Paul campaign ad on TV tonight. :cool:

Can't wait to see some her in California :)