PDA

View Full Version : H.R. 393: Universal National Service Act of 2007

Kotin
01-14-2008, 12:37 AM
H.R. 393: Universal National Service Act of 2007:

"To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes."

Sponsor:
Rep. Charles Rangel [D-NY]show cosponsors (2)
Cosponsors [as of 2007-12-10]
Rep. Yvette Clarke [D-NY]
Rep. James McDermott [D-WA]

Introduced Jan 10, 2007
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Dec 9, 2007]
Last Action:
Feb 26, 2007: House Armed Services: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.
Show All Related Votes

Other Titles:
-- Draft Reinstatement bill

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 12:39 AM
We should all just say we are gay.
Problem solved :)

constitutional
01-14-2008, 12:40 AM

قاموس عربي/إنجليزي · قاموس إنجليزي/عربي

I .. speak... no.. america.

wbbgjr
01-14-2008, 12:44 AM
H.R. 393: Universal National Service Act of 2007:

"To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes."

Sponsor:
Rep. Charles Rangel [D-NY]show cosponsors (2)
Cosponsors [as of 2007-12-10]
Rep. Yvette Clarke [D-NY]
Rep. James McDermott [D-WA]

Introduced Jan 10, 2007
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Dec 9, 2007]
Last Action:
Feb 26, 2007: House Armed Services: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.
Show All Related Votes

Other Titles:
-- Draft Reinstatement bill

I like how these elected Representatives think they own us.

AMack
01-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Other Titles:
-- Forced Labor and Enslavement Act of 2008

pikerz
01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
they shot it down.

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Guys check out Charles Rangel..He has introduced this several times as more of a protest than anything...saying that more rich politicians children should be going to fight. Wiki it :) It's almost humorous, if it hadn't given me a heart attack the first time I saw it.

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Other Titles:

QFT
As if the Debt Enslavement Act wasn't enough.

TruePatriot44
01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
This is old and went nowhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdYD9KACag

wbbgjr
01-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Other Titles:

If you feel like yelling at someone, here's Charles Rangel's office number:

(202) 225-4365

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 12:50 AM

I actually am. Guess I'll be washing dishes at the White House.

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 12:53 AM

LOL...I just think it is so crazy that our government would rather force people to go to war than allow an openly gay man into the military.

ridiculous.

cien750hp
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM

at least there's not too much of a risk of being blown up in the white house.
ill take washing dishes over iraq any day, just hope they don't give my job to an illegal they grant amnesty to