PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!! Senate Bill 1959 to Criminalize Thoughts - end of free speech

MoonShine
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
The below act of Congress was hardly reported in the news media. They slipped it over on the American people.

It passed the US House of Representatives last October by a vote of four hundred and something to 6. Only six representatives voted against it!

It is now under consideration by the senate.

It's called the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act."
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml

A questionable (and possibly criminal) element in the United States government wants to use it against us!

If it passes the Senate later this year it would give the US Government the legal right to arrest and detain anybody for saying just about anything they (the govt.) deems threatening.

This dangerous law would give the US Government powers similar to those in the old Soviet Union.

http://www.newstarget.com/022308.html

Senate Bill 1959 to Criminalize Thoughts, Blogs, Books and Free Speech Across America

The end of Free Speech in America has arrived at our doorstep. It's a new law called the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act, and it is worded in a clever way that could allow the U.S. government to arrest and incarcerate any individual who speaks out against the Bush Administration, the war on Iraq, the Department of Homeland Security or any government agency (including the FDA). The law has already passed the House on a traitorous vote of 405 to 6, and it is now being considered in the Senate where a vote is imminent.

(Continued - click above link)

Here is a very good SUMMARY and ANALYSIS of the Senate Bill 1959 on a YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wJsovPRTEM

They say that Barack Obama sits on the senate committee that could stop this dangerous bill. This YouTube video tells more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xf5IQFhQ0

LibertyOfOne
01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
The video was interesting until the truther bullshit was brought up.

hillertexas
01-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Welcome aboard, Moonshine! :)

MoonShine
01-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't understand why more people aren't alarmed about this issue. We all know that the Bolsheviks in the federal government want the power that this legislation would give them.

lbadragan
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I can't understand why more people aren't alarmed about this issue. We all know that the Bolsheviks in the federal government want the power that this legislation would give them.I can't understand it either. But I'd bet that video would have over a million views if it didn't have the 9/11 stuff and Ron Paul in it.

inibo
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't understand why more people aren't alarmed about this issue. We all know that the Bolsheviks in the federal government want the power that this legislation would give them.

I'm very angry about it. I wrote my congressman--to no avail, I've written to both my Senator's--which will probably have the same result--and I'm trying to get Ron Paul Elected.

What else can be done?

Sandy
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes, both this and the 'hate' thought crime bills sitting in Congress. AND, in Europe they are trying to come up with making it a crime to complain about illegal and uncontrolled immigration, and people will be charged with 'xenophobia'. That's next here.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I've been following this for a little while also.

I'm very alarmed, but the only thing I can do is spread the word.

I've written to David Vitter, I actually get generalized responses on certain issues when I write to him, so he's the only Senator I write to.

However, his little prostitute scandal has made him pretty much a lame duck Senator. He always votes with the party now.

AceNZ
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Keep in mind that this bill doesn't make anything illegal. It establishes a commission that is supposed to research and write-up recommendations to combat those issues.

I agree that the language in the bill is poor, and that the whole idea of a commission is bad -- but when you write to your senator, please be clear and accurate about what you're objecting to. It's not a "thought crime bill".

richyrichard
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Any new attempt, any attempt at all, to expand the power of the central government must be stopped.