PDA

View Full Version : Email I'm sending to local news outlet...

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I am sending this email to a local news outlet that has a biographical section about the candidates and has some mistakes about Dr. Paul.

I would like to get some opinions on the overall email. Currently it is at the maximum character limit so any adjustments you think I should make need to stay within this limit.

the website is www.cbs3.com

here is the email

I would like to thank CBS3.com for its Election 08 section and for the great information it gives people. However I would like to point out some errors in the Biographical section for Republican Congressman Ron Paul.

"He will not accept payment by Medicare, wouldn't let his children accept federal student loans and refuses his congressional pension."

This statement is true however I feel it is important to add that instead of accepting medicare he either works out a payment plan for the patient and sometimes even performs his medical duties free of charge.

"Paul is sometimes called "Dr. No" for his penchant for casting the lone vote against popular measures, including a gold medal for Mother Teresa in 1997."

This is a commonly misconstrued piece of info on the congressman as well. The reason he is labled "Dr. No" is because he votes against anything that is not Authorized by the Constitution.

Now the instance where he voted against a bill to use tax payers money to obtain a gold medal for Mother Teresa, Rosa Parks, and Ronald Reagan is very deceiving the way you mention it. Congressman Paul actually did the most noble thing I have ever heard a politician do, He stood up in front of congress and pulled a $100 bill from his pocket and said to his fellow congressman that he will gladly pay $100 toward the medals and if all of his fellow congressmen followed him they would be able to buy the medals for them but that he would not vote to FORCE taxpayers to pay for those medals. Of course NOBODY in congress accepted his offer and the bill passed anyway.

There are also some things I think should be addressed in the issues section for Congressman Paul as well.

"Abortion-Opposes abortion rights."

That is false. Personally he is Pro-Life but he realizes the Constitution does not give the Federal Government the right to make it legal or illegal, it is a states right to decide.

The congressman's view of abortion was molded by an early experience in his medical career where he happened to walk into a room where another Dr. was performing an abortion and they birthed the baby alive and crying and then placed the breathing living baby in a bucket and proceeded to let the baby die.

The other fault in the short statement "he is opposed to abortion rights" is the fact that there are different forms of abortion. The form of abortion that is not really discussed is PBA also known as Partial Birth Abortion. With the passing of Roe v. Wade abortion is legal up until 1 second before birth, meaning the fetus can be fully formed and developed and is actually partially birthed. The only part of the fetus that is not birthed is the head, the Dr. then proceeds to insert medical scissors into the base of the baby's skull and then cut up the baby's brain and then suck the remains out of the baby's skull. Roe v. Wade was not designed to protect Rape victims that wanted to abort the baby, it was designed to give any woman the choice to have a baby aborted at anytime throughout the pregnancy, even though a Dr. Can be charged with a crime if he makes a medical mistake and harms the fetus. In addition to that anyone involved in an incident where a pregnant woman is hurt and the fetus dies they can be charged with the murder of the fetus. This seems very odd to me that the fetus only has rights if the mother wants it to have rights and if not they are thrown out the window.

"Gay Marriage-Opposes same-sex marriage but also opposes a constitutional amendment banning it."

This is also a decieving message. Ron Paul does not see people in groups as in GAY, African American, ASIAN and believes that you do not get your rights from the government because you are GAY or African American, but that we are endowed with our rights from our creator as indiviuals. Your assertion implies that Congressman Paul is against gay marriage, This is exactly the opposite of Congressman Pauls stance on this issue. Congressman Paul believes first that the Government should have NO PLACE IN ANY MARRIAGE and that MARRIAGE IS A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE BEFORE THEIR GOD. Second as prescribed by the Constitution the states still maintain the right to legislate on that issue.

"Global Warming-Opposes federal efforts to curb global warming."

This is another issue that is not portrayed correct. Ron Paul is a strong advocate for Property Rights. The key being Global warming is caused by many pollutants which are polluting peoples property(ie water and other natural resources) The people have the right to take these companies to court for the damage they are doing to the property of the people. ALso the government is involved to curb global warming yet the lobbyists for these big companies donate to politicians which prevent the free market from creating other forms of energy to prevent global warming which is why the American car manufacturers are behind in the hybrid race.

"Gun Control-Says gun control makes people less safe."

Gun laws only affect people that OBEY THE LAW. Enforcing gun restrictions only prevents law abiding citizens from having personal protection. This gives a criminal the upper hand over the law abiding citizen.

A better understanding and enforcement of the 2nd Ammendment right granted by the constitution could have prevented 9/11. Currently the Federal government does not allow airlines to protect its cargo, property or passengers. The airlines are not allowed to hire security personel or airplane captains that are allowed to board the plane with a weapon to protect its passengers, instead we must wait in hour long lines and throw out our shampoo.

I would ask that you contact the campaign for more accurate information. I would also recomend a supporter response section for people to add comments on why they may support the candidates. If you have any questions for me please feel free to email or call me.

Thank you,
Chris

so what do you guys think??

PS- please if you decide to email them too, make sure your professional and curteous as they have not reported anything of a negative image of Dr. Paul and we don't need to alienate them.

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
bump

Vvick727
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
personally he is Pro-Life

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 11:40 PM
oops thats why i post here

i must have bee thinking faster than I was typing and muddled it up

Iwantchange
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
We need to send more emails like this... I've even thought about international news as well! How do think a headline internationally would sound if it said something like "Americans asking for help" That might make some headlines over there...

Aldanga
01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul is not 'Pro-Choice'. Abortion disgusts him, as far as I've heard him say.

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul is not 'Pro-Choice'. Abortion disgusts him, as far as I've heard him say.

Yeah I know small error but it has been fixed
note the email hasn't been sent yet