PDA

View Full Version : BAD NEWS: Proof of Ron Paul's Racism Found.

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Proof_of_Ron_Paul_s_Racism_ROCK_SOLID_EVIDENCE

Edit: to the moderator that modified the topic of my last post, that is why I'm re-posting it. You must be confused.

Cowlesy
01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
wasn't me -- i thought it was funny.

And great website btw

Karsten
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Nice, but don't help futher associate Ron Paul with racism, even if you are trying to disprove it.

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it is a little risky but not much. Most people who see it will understand it is sarcasm. The ones that don't get it will probably be voting for Rudy or someone anyway.

Edit: I re-read, it's too late, he's already been associated thanks to our good friends in the oldstream media, might as well joke about their lame attempts at associating Ron with racists.

Nice, but don't help futher associate Ron Paul with racism, even if you are trying to disprove it.

ValidusCustodiae
01-13-2008, 11:28 PM
lmao! funny stuff!

slantedview
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
eh, people will take this the wrong way, even though it's a joke.

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I think very few will, I did run it by a couple dozen people before and someone said the same thing as you but everyone else pretty much thought it was funny.

eh, people will take this the wrong way, even though it's a joke.

Indy Vidual
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Proof_of_Ron_Paul_s_Racism_ROCK_SOLID_EVIDENCE

Edit: to the moderator that modified the topic of my last post, that is why I'm re-posting it. You must be confused.

wasn't me -- i thought it was funny.

And great website btw

I agree with Karsten, the title is not funny.
Hundreds of loyal RP supporters are looking for Hope...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this funny?:

Why does Ron Paul need ghosts to talk about spooks!!

Do you think that is funny!!! :eek:
Can you imagine what people are saying about us all over the Net!!
`````

I'm very sad to see one Mod would change the bogus thread title, while another thinks this is funny. :(
````````````

ps.

Can we please get 234 more threads about the nasty newsletters, and make sure we discuss each thread. Do not let this story die. :eek: :rolleyes:

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Indy, of course the thread title isn't "funny". The site is, it is making a joke of a current event.... I think we've earned it.

Indy Vidual
01-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Indy, of course the thread title isn't "funny". The site is, it is making a joke of a current event.... I think we've earned it.

Have your fun, but we've earned better than what the supporters had to go through this week.

TheConstitutionLives
01-13-2008, 11:53 PM
This is a double post.

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Most of us were just annoyed by it, but any of us who've been here awhile know what to expect from the oldstream-media, it's nothing new. Sadly we can expect much WORSE out of the media as the movement grows. We need to be able to mock it and not let it bother us.

Have your fun, but we've earned better than what the supporters had to go through this week.

jd603
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM
A mod changed the thread title on me so I re-posted.

This is a double post.

jd603
01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
bump

tsetsefly
01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
that was dumb, you just keep recycling the story...

David805
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM

indeed...... We need LESS coverage of this BS not more ..

The bad thing about this is.. Some people wont even click the link or go look at the site.. They will just look at it and say to them selves humph .. Im not voting for him now.

jd603
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
No I just bumped it up one last time. Like I do for several other stories...

BeallCanbe
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't think this is a good idea, especially the title of the page. Do you know how people read news headlines or search results? They scan the title and then go for the one that is interesting ...

When it comes to your own candidate, always get the message out in a positive tone, even if it is a bad message ..

This is not smart .. in my humble opinion.

jd603
01-14-2008, 09:36 AM
I should have added [satire] to the subject.

most people would be curious what this "evidence" is though, someone supporting another candidate who says "i knew it, lets see"! , etc.

I highly doubt this will discourage many people if any.

indeed...... We need LESS coverage of this BS not more ..

The bad thing about this is.. Some people wont even click the link or go look at the site.. They will just look at it and say to them selves humph .. Im not voting for him now.

John P Slevin
01-14-2008, 11:35 AM

LOL bump

To those thinking this is an impolite post, rethink it. This is funny stuff.:D