PDA

View Full Version : Found This In A Fred Thompson Forum

jawrightbiz
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
This was part of a larger post about a Thompson supporter relaying their day of campaigning but I will spare you the boring part, thought this was kind of funny...

"Now, why I hate Ron Paul even more. I had 5 or so people talk with me about why they voted for Ron Paul. One said, "I am worried about health care costs. Ron Paul is a doctor, so he is the most familiar with health care." The other four pulled out a broacher showing the NAU's super-highway going from Mexico City to Minneapolis, and gave me a chicken little babble. To the anti-NAU people I responded that all of the candidates tough on illegal immigration are, by default, tough on the NAU. So Paul is by no means unique on this stance.

Then I informed them that Paul wants to withdraw all American troops from Iraq in his first year in office. All of the people who voted for Paul said, "I didn't know that. I don't want him to do that." So in effect Paul used a scare tactic, or hid behind his education in a deceitful way, and didn't talk about his biggest issue. This is what democrats do, they use scare tactics to distract voters from who they really are."

angrydragon
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
That's a lie haha, anyone who has looked into Dr. Paul know that he's against the Iraq war.

Bittle
01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Ron Paul attracted me first because of his stance on the Iraq War. I literally thought that was what most of his supporters liked him for. Very odd.

The Iraq War is very important to figure out. We're fighting a war right now for foreign interests and on bad premises. We need to get rid of the bigots in our government and do something for the betterment of our future. Our unborn children are those most at risk here!

Right now, I see Nationalism as being the only way out of our globalist, "multicultural" attitudes on the world and foreign policy. We need to go back to our true conservative roots.

RSLudlum
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Ron Paul attracted me first because of his stance on the Iraq War. I literally thought that was what most of his supporters liked him for. Very odd.

Exactly! I really had no idea who was running on the Repub side till i saw the first debate and when i heard Paul say he was against the war, I literally sat up in my chair and said "What!!". He stood out from the crowd by standing up for his principles! From there on in i've been supporting him.