PDA

View Full Version : is it the end times?

trey4sports
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
what do you guys think, lets get a good debate going. anybody have some grandiose vision of the end times starting and whats your evidence?

CavortingChicken
01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
one moment! i must find something for this thread.

FrankRep
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know about End Times, but Bush wants to start World War 3 with Iran.

CavortingChicken
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
ok good here it is WATCH!

The Mayan Calendar by Ian Lungold

Part 1http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097&q=ian+lungold+mayan&total=84&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7

Part 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329528148516232&q=ian+lungold+mayan+north&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Total time 3 hours....yea i know, but its a very good watch.

damon04
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
The end times may come to fruition if not slowed by our nation voting for Ron Paul, a step back from the eventual New World Order... Dangerous territory....

Keep up all efforts talking with people about him... Our dreams may be stolen at the RNC by delegates grouping against Ron Paul's.... If he does make an independant run (I think he should and would), then he really could bring in over 1/3 of the country...

It is our job to make sure as MANY PEOPLE know his message before Election Day...

He would take the 25% of Republicans that haven't gone neo-con, he may take about 5-10% of the democrats, and then take most all the independants, and ALL 3rd party members...

I mean, with our help and CONSTANT work on telling people about him, we could take the white house with that independant run... people are waking up, and the more people know, the more voices we have and our rate of growth is that much more...

I like to be positive about all this, the other side of the coin (all the other candidates) just make me sick and mad and even more apethietic than before I awoke to Ron's message...

CowCat33
01-13-2008, 10:44 PM
My evidence is legions of confused young people wearing their hats turned sideways. Low-slung baggy pants usually accompany this style of dress.

what do you guys think, lets get a good debate going. anybody have some grandiose vision of the end times starting and whats your evidence?

MN Patriot
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Sometimes the loudest voices declaring the end times are people in the last 10 years of their life. They can sense their own mortality, and project it onto the world at large. The world revolves around each of us, right?

I'm sure people have been predicting the end times for thousands of years. The future is so uncertain, we can't really predict what things will be like in another 100 years. So all we see is a big blank.

Zavoi
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
While a "grandiose vision" of end times might make for an exciting thriller/sci-fi novel, the odds of this sort of scenario actually happening are fairly slim. After all, the USA and the world have gone through crises before, and life always seems to move on.

Now, granted, you may have reason to believe that the world today is somehow inherently different from the rest of history in a way that makes a doomsday scenario more likely, or you may argue that the events of the present are not simply a repetition of history but instead the culmination of a grand secular trend that has been in motion for centuries or more. These are interesting arguments, and I will not dismiss them out of hand, but they are extraordinary claims and require extraordinary proof.

Time for Change
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I will preface this with the fact that I was raised surrounded by the ministry and I should go to church MORE than I do...
I am not here to preach, convert or judge; considering, I do not attend regular services lately. I know I should, but that is another issue :D
I won't be taking the time to cross reference scripture with the list below, but it can be found in the bible.

It may be closer than you think...

Real ID = beginnings of the mark of the beast?
Great wars = in and around Babylon [IRAQ] and for years in and around Israel
Earthquakes = been some doozies here lately, globally
Fires = is California still a state or is it ash?
Famine = no explanation needed (move out of the freakin desert?)
The H5N1 virus (bird flu virus)

From my background, and what I still believe down deep, I think this day and age is a pretty close fit to what has been laid out in the bible for the end times.
I hope I am mistaken!

On a side note with a twist of humor...
This should scare the crap out of huck...considering how much he is stretching the truth lately.
Revelation 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

All that said, we will never know until it happens.
We have no proof of just how big the scale of the events has to be for the biblical times to be upon us.
Should the earthquakes be much stronger, a global quake?

Like I said...who knows?
This wiki is interesting...scroll down to the "Revelation's sequence of events" section. It puts a hole or two into my thoughts of how everything is supposed to play out, but this is the author's perspective, and graphic enough to outline some of the events prophesied to happen...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulation

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
End Times is a nebulous term, but yes I believe we are. However I also believe that we are to resist Evil, and to do everything we can to delay the end.
There seem to be some that want to rush things, to make things happen and bring on the End.
I believe that is a mistake.
In my imperfect understanding of prophecy, there are still some events that have NOT happened yet, so there is still time. There is much good to be done.
Stop worrying about the End, and work to make things better before that time comes.

SevenEyedJeff
01-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes we are in the end times.

In Revelation Chapter 13 the first beast is the one with 7 heads and 10 horns and 10 crowns upon his heads. This is the one world government, as heads and horns are symbolic of kings and power.

This one world government receives a deadly wound in REV 13:3 and the wound is healed when the Antichrist comes to take charge. The dragon in verse 4 is one of Satan's names, just as Lucifer, the devil, the serpent, and the antichrist are also some of his other names (or, roles that Satan plays)

Be warned, as you can see in REV 13:11 he has two horns LIKE A LAMB but he SPAKE AS A DRAGON, meaning he will look like Jesus (the Lamb of God) but he is actually the Antichrist. People will follow him because of this, and the fact that he can perform miracles as it is written in verses 13 and 14.

So be careful, the first Jesus that returns is a fake. Don't forget in Revelation 12:9 the Antichrist comes with his angels (the fallen angels) so don't let that fool you. Just remember 6 comes before 7. False christ at 6th trump, True Christ at 7th trump.

You can also read of the false Christ in 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2, as well as REVELATION 12:7-12, and many other places as well.

So the next event we are looking for before the Antichrist comes is the deadly wound to the one world government.

Ralph O'Brien
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM

No---Ask again 2012-----But M-3 reconstructed growing 16 to 20%. What does that say about inflation.
$---TOAST
Gold/Silver up all during 2008
Numismatics----Go up 1000% between now and 2012!
WAR

Nothigh changed----AGE OF TURMOIL!!!!

Fox McCloud
01-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I personally believe that we are either in the very beginning stages of "the end times", or we're right at it's door-step; it's so hard to tell, and to sit around arguing is pointless; Christ wouldn't want us bickering about the end times; he'd want us living for him,and standing up for what's right....this is one beef I have with "rapture" Christians. Quite frankly, I don't think anyone can say "yes there will be a rapture" or "no there won't be"; the Lord is going to do whatever he wants...but as I point out to them "no matter how it happens, the Lord wouldn't want us waiting around for it to happen".

Anyway, all the executive orders, the ramping up the UN, the Real ID act, the increasing surveillance society mentality, and a ton of others things all point to this.

I just find it amazing that the Lord, in his infinite compassion and wisdom has sent Ron Paul at our dark hour as if to say "what are you going to do America?" It's just my opinion, but I honestly think this man is our last hope and last chance. A year or so ago, I wouldn't have ever guessed that we would get a "last chance" like this...but meh, I'm just a simple-minded human :P

I also am fully convince that only a handful of true followers of Christ will be aware that the antiChrist is on the scene, or that they're heading towards an evil one world government.....the pseudoChristians will point, laugh, and ridicule the few that know the truth.

Years ago, I figured that if America did have one last chance, or that the end times were upon us, all the Christians would suddenly unite and see the difference...and actively oppose it....boy, did I have false notions in my mind...this particular election cycle is very telling of that.

John 8:32--"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Still, I have faith that if it's the Lord's will, Ron Paul will get in.....heheh, after all, I come from Ohio, where our slogan is "With God, all things are possible".

indeed we Christians should take heed to this verse "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." --Philippians 4:13

integrity
01-14-2008, 12:52 AM
and they call truthers conspiracy nuts???

xd9fan
01-14-2008, 12:52 AM
just the end of the Republic........

noztnac
01-14-2008, 01:02 AM

We have a few years yet.

Yes I'm kidding.

MN Patriot
01-14-2008, 07:46 AM
The religious doomsday predictions are nonsense. Everything is open to interpretation. 10 horns and 10 crowns = world government, OK, whatever.

If the Bible was so good at making predictions, it would have explicitly stated names, like the United Nations, the Anti-Christ is George Soros, etc. But of course the Bible predicted things that happened...in the Bible.

People are inclined to believe irrational ideas, like a ghost impregnated a virgin, Jesus walked on water, turned water into wine, drove demons out of people and inflicted them into some pigs, etc. Then he was executed and came back to life. And if you don't believe any of that you will spend eternity roasting in hell.

So of course predictions that are open to any interpretation are accepted with no skepticism at all by people who already believe the unbelievable.

InLoveWithRon
01-14-2008, 07:56 AM
David Rockefeller himself said recently, that by 2020 we will have a world government..

He's on the CFR , his father helped develop the CFR .. And David Rockefeller is the founder and chairman of the Trilateral Commission.. So I guess he'd obviously have the inside scoop.. you know with him being an insider and all, and privy to all the inner workings and ongoings..

badmp3
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
End Times ? Well there is never a end .. only a new beginning

I recommend the following Video Interview

http://www.projectcamelot.org/richard_hoagland.html

Google Stream
Part 1 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2030707978100913713)
Part 2 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8621853447866820382)
Part 3 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4123428096170106419)

This is one of the best researchers on NASA cover ups & Lies .. he tells how the system of lies works .. and goes into what may happen soon ..

~~
They are also gonna have a video with Boriska soon ...

read about him here:
http://www.projectcamelot.org/boriska.html

~~

joey
01-14-2008, 08:25 AM
the end of the world (age)happened in 70 a.d ..so fight the new world order with all your might..

jon_perez
01-14-2008, 08:38 AM
End times huh? Well, I would like to say the dinosaurs were very familiar with this concept. But then, the Earth is only 6,500 years old and there really weren't any dinosaurs, God only put the fossils in the ground to test our faith... :D :D :D

Wendi
01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Like I've said when this question comes up about once a week (search is your friend ;) ).... probably - but the one thing every major world religion I've read about seems to agree on, is that GOD is supposed to bring the end, not MAN. Someone needs to tell that to Bush apparently :rolleyes:

moostraks
01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
End times huh? Well, I would like to say the dinosaurs were very familiar with this concept. But then, the Earth is only 6,500 years old and there really weren't any dinosaurs, God only put the fossils in the ground to test our faith... :D :D :D

Actually most Christians believe dinosaurs roamed the earth and there are scriptures that allude to them... The Bible was translated into English in 1611. The word "dinosaur" was coined in 1841 meaning "terrible lizard". So since there was a time gap from first bible translation to the word we now use to designate dinosaurs we have to look for text clues. In the old testament the bible mentions dragons 21 times. There is also arguably the description of a leviathan and a behemoth which could be dinosaurs. One should not be so hasty to be dismissive unless they were there when the events happened. Members of this forum more than many other places know how hard it is to see current reality for what it is much less what occurred so long ago....:)