PDA

View Full Version : speedboats no threat.. Paul was right

slacker921
01-13-2008, 09:56 PM
It seems Ron Paul was right .. again..

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/11/us_backs_off_claim_of_naval

"So I think that the major thing to really keep in mind about this is that it was blown up into a semi-crisis by the Pentagon and that the media followed along very supinely. And I must say this is perhaps the worst—the most egregious case of sensationalist journalism in the service of the interests of the Pentagon, the Bush administration, that I have seen so far."

Now, how likely is it that Fox News will cover this? Anyone?

jimreport
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
A boat filled with boxes, speeding towards a US warship in International Waters isn't a threat? I beg to differ with that leftist rag "democracy now".
History has already proven that historian wrong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing).

The Iranians should have been blown out of the water.

http://www.cargolaw.com/images/Disaster2000.Cole.1.Gif

The destroyer's rules of engagement, as approved by the Pentagon, kept its guards from firing upon the small boat loaded with explosives as it neared them without first obtaining permission from the Cole's captain or another officer.[8]

Petty Officer John Washak said that right after the blast, a senior chief petty officer ordered him to turn an M-60 machine gun on the Cole's fantail away from a second small boat approaching. "With blood still on my face," he said, he was told: "That's the rules of engagement: no shooting unless we're shot at." He added, "In the military, it's like we're trained to hesitate now. If somebody had seen something wrong and shot, he probably would have been court-martialed." Petty Officer Jennifer Kudrick said that if the sentries had fired on the suicide craft "we would have gotten in more trouble for shooting two foreigners than losing seventeen American sailors.

spudea
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Mr. Jim Report. That is the cost of being the interventionist policemen of the world. If we're wrong, and destroy boats that have no bombs, all out war ensues and TENS of THOUSANDS of americans die, not to mention millions of innocent people that had nothing to do with hurting the US.

Vietnam for example...

The straight of Hormuz is the most heavily trafficed waterway in the world. And I'm sure Iran has its celebrity "Jackass" characters that want to get up close to a US battleship, so they can go back home and act tough. NOT SOMETHING TO GO TO WAR OVER! The speedboats may not have been Revolutionary Guard either. That is all media propaganda.

The US ships responded and were ready to take those boats out. The problem was, none of the speedboats got within 3 football fields. If a collision course was detected, they would have died.

As soon as guns were pointed at the speedboats, They fled. Absolutely no threat at all.

spudea
01-13-2008, 10:46 PM
A boat filled with boxes, speeding towards a US warship in International Waters isn't a threat? I beg to differ with that leftist rag "democracy now".
History has already proven that historian wrong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing).

"On January 19, 2001, The Navy completed and released its Judge Advocate General Manual (JAGMAN) investigation of the incident, concluding that Cole's commanding officer Commander Kirk Lippold "acted reasonably in adjusting his force protection posture based on his assessment of the situation that presented itself" when Cole arrived in Aden to refuel. The JAGMAN also concluded that "the commanding officer of Cole did not have the specific intelligence, focused training, appropriate equipment or on-scene security support to effectively prevent or deter such a determined, preplanned assault on his ship" and recommended significant changes in Navy procedures."

Good job jimreport on taking things out of context. A professional smear artist! +1 ignore. I will pray for your swift banning from this forum.

jimreport
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Ban me. I'm a Ron Paul supporter, including a monetary supporter. I go through hell arguing the correctness of his views to everyone I meet, and have swayed several that would not have been swayed otherwise.

And look up my posts, 90% of them support Ron Paul. But I refuse to believe there is some vast Bush conspiracy. And democracy now is a known leftist operation. Weren't they the ones that broke the fake soldier story? It's OK to be against the war, but when you resort to lying and inventing assinine conspiracy theories, prepare to be called on it. Or just Ban me and wallow in your own version of reality. I could give a shit either way.

It shouldn't have been grounds for starting a war with Iran, but the provacative threat they purposely staged should have caused them to be turned to vapor, and call it a day.

Edit - personal attacks like "smear artist" didn't help your argument.

FACT:

Democracy Now! receives indirect funding from George Soros, and direct funding from Soros' Open Society Institute, the Glaser Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Tides Foundation, the Public Welfare Foundation, the Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, and other left-leaning foundations.
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6891

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
jimreport
Please study the Gulf of Tonkin incident.
The first reports of this "fastboat"incident were incorrect and were meant to incite.
The Commanders have since changed their story, and other International media reports have also come out.
There is an effort to push us into another war. Beware of false reports of "agression".

Also look up operation Northwoods.
Some people are capable of anything.

Grimsatire
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
The Iranians are pretty tolerant. I'm sure the US would be pretty pissed if Iranian battleships were 8 km off the coast of California. Or Russian or Chinese ships.

Typical Neo-Con evil. The funny thing, is it is that type of thinking and militarism that will cede US economic hegemony to China within a few decades.