PDA

View Full Version : i think the "secret strategy" is the precinct leader program

garrettwombat
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
honestly i think that's the big strategy... i dont see what else they could do in 3 weeks...

this is it and we barely have 6000 people signed up for it...

i dont know why the numbers are so low because we have over 80,000 meetup members... why the heck wont you guys just make it official and become part of the organized strategy???

mesler
01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I agree, I sat on it until one of my fellow Meetup members poked me to go check it out. I think that's the biggest problem, people have no idea how well done it is and how useful it is.

mstrmac1
01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
ross perot! lol

AlexMerced
01-13-2008, 09:24 PM
the money is gonna be spent by super tuesday, this is for sure, and there's a lot of it so there has to be something big coming up

RockEnds
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
The precinct captains aren't anything new. We had them in Iowa.

BeFranklin
01-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Bump - I still need to sign up too.

justinc.1089
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Do we have commercials in supertuesday states running? Because if the plan is to take supertuesday by storm, shouldn't the commercials have started in those important states by like the 10th at least to make a difference?

I think the strategy is 3rd party. I don't know what money could have to do with that but I think thats the plan and has been for a little while now.

trey4sports
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Do we have commercials in supertuesday states running? Because if the plan is to take supertuesday by storm, shouldn't the commercials have started in those important states by like the 10th at least to make a difference?

I think the strategy is 3rd party. I don't know what money could have to do with that but I think thats the plan and has been for a little while now.

i hate saying this, but ron paul said that he had "no intentions of running third party" and ron paul is a man of character, i dont think he would lie about this

texasbelle
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I got my names for the precinct leader program today and it is totally awesome! If you havent signed up yet, do it! It is the best way to make an impact IMO! We cannot rely on the media to bring Ron Paul to the people. We must do our job to bring them this message!!

cien750hp
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM

radio ads are running here in colorado. i personally have never heard one but i don't listen to the radio much at all. ive heard from several people they have heard them though so i think they are pretty common

Soccrmastr
01-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Meetups need to get the word out more. I think its the secret stragey too and can be very successful if we meet the goal.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
The Precinct Program (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/) is an awesome tool to help supporters get the vote out for Ron Paul. I have found it very useful.

It provides addresses and party affiliations of all homes in your precinct, and gives you all kinds of information to help you spread the message of Liberty.

It very useful. Everybody needs to sign up here: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Revolutn
01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
IL is a S.T. state and I've not heard a single radio ad nor seen a single TV spot.

This may be because it being Barack's home state (sigh) they are conceding it with Hillary staking 'some' hometown claim to Chicago as well (bigger sigh) to the Dem's overall....but seeing as how it's only the primaries IF they were going to make a run at the R base in IL, I would have expected ads to have started showing up immediately following NH.

But as of yet...nada.

Rev

exer51
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Weeeell I just signed up. I've been helping a lot anyway, but having the list is really sweet. On the leader board I'm happy to say Seattle is near the top of the most people in the program, 57 including myself!!! I think I will make it my personal goal give my heart and soul to win Seattle for Ron. I might not have national influence, but BY GOD I WILL WIN BALLARD(my neighborhood of Seattle).

Ronin
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Door to door his how he won his congressional seat in Texas. Maybe he's trying to reproduce that at the national level.

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he's got something planned. He's got a lot of money left, and just a couple days ago he said that people donated it for his campaign and he had every intention of using it for just that.

rooteroa
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
i hate saying this, but ron paul said that he had "no intentions of running third party" and ron paul is a man of character, i dont think he would lie about this

he also wouldn't deny it and said on meet the press that he had to have wiggle room on something

tonyr1988
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I agree that the precinct leader program is probably the best strategy to win us the election.

I volunteered in Iowa, and we did this - it seemed to be extremely effective (come on....we got 10% in Iowa, and could've gotten more if we didn't have some technical and logistic problems the night before the caucus...that's amazing). Spreading this nation-wide will work beautifully, if everyone that's committed signs up.

I'm actually signing up now - we need a *huge* grassroots movement to get people to sign up for this. Money bombs are great, but why not have a "Precinct Leader Sign-Up Bomb"? :P Spam every committed Paul volunteer you know to get them going.

exer51
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll just put it in here as well... Apparently having 2 people in front of a grocery store is more effective than door to door. Door to door still needs to be done for specific precincts, BUT for just general overall conversion you get WAY more traffic at a store.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
nt

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
The "secret strategy" won't be anything that is dependent on a bunch of volunteers.

garrettwombat
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
what if ron paul's plan the entire time was to work up enough money as a republican to run libertarian... he sure does have a crap load of cash that hasnt already been used yet... i wonder what the deal is and i still dont know what they plan on doing with it.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes I think Ron is a man of his word. What he is sayin is that he has no intention of running 3rd party. He does not intend to run 3rd party he intends to win the rebuplican nomination. But if he doesn't win it... his intentions will obviously have to change because the original intention doesn't exist anymore.

So, I think he is just very good with words and he's been very consistent with saying that, never saying "no I will not run 3rd party" rather he doesn't have intentions to do so. Prove me wrong I guess~

He has flat out said that he is in the race as long as we support him and raise money for him. The rEVOLution is not dependent on the Republican Party.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
what if ron paul's plan the entire time was to work up enough money as a republican to run libertarian... he sure does have a crap load of cash that hasnt already been used yet... i wonder what the deal is and i still dont know what they plan on doing with it.

Running in another party would be a mistake. Independent would be the only way to go.

exer51
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Running in another party would be a mistake. Independent would be the only way to go.

FACT

garrettwombat
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
he has a lot of loyal followers he could just command us to raid and infiltrate the skull and bones headquarters at Yale university and steal all their artifacts such as the tesla purple forcefield pods that give them their power. we then give it to ron paul.

exer51
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
he has a lot of loyal followers he could just command us to raid and infiltrate the skull and bones headquarters at Yale university and steal all their artifacts such as the tesla purple forcefield pods that give them their power. we then give it to ron paul.

LOLOLOLOLZ