PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ross Perot?

CareerTech1
01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone know?

Let's get Ross Perot on board in support of Ron Paul.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM
What is Ross Perot up to these days? Is he retired on his own island yet?

wildflower
01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. Unless I just haven't seen it, it seems like he disappeared from the public eye.

I kinda miss the guy. :(

rice_classic
01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
That's just what we need, another politician that was certifiably deemed crazy by the MSM and buried to back RP.... Yea.. that won't convince McCain and Romney or Obama/Clinton supports to join RP.

I am still meeting people who don't know what RP stands for, they don't even know what he looks like!

If these people hear about RP for the first time and it's the MSM saying, "Ross Perot, that kooky billionaire form years past Endorses Ron Paul." Who's gonna care?

I wouldn't.... Ross Perot needs to NOT endorse Ron Paul. Ross Perot needs to ENDORSE Huckabee or Romney and destroy their campaign... not ours. Which leads me to my next idea.

Could we hire Ross Perot to publicly endorse one of the competition and then do something embarrasing for their campaign publicly? Now that's dirty politics.

integrity
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
he is scared of the establishment

RevolutionSD
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I saw him on TV a few months ago. He's in his 80's and wants nothing to do with politics. I guess he just hated the spotlight and/or got threatened and went back to just running his company Perot Systems.

ConstitutionGal
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Ross Perot owns Perot Systems. They do medical billing mainly and he has offices in several states. My sister worked for them for a while here in Nashville, TN. She said it is not a good company to work for. They leased a building that was in the parking lot of a strip-mall type building and then proceeded to tell their employees that they couldn't have ANY sort of weapons in their parked vehichles (even though TN is a carry permit state) and most of those who worked there were women and it wasn't in a very good part of town. Perot talked a good game and many of us bought into it at first (before all his close ties with Clinton became public). I'm relatively convinced now that Perot really was just a spoiler to get his buddy Clinton in the White House.

integrity
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
he got threatened, IMO

PaleoForPaul
01-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Anyone know?

Let's get Ross Perot on board in support of Ron Paul.

He's out of politics and trying to avoid the spotlight.

I doubt he would support Ron Paul, as Perot supported some radical reform outside the bounds of the constitution (for example, going by popular and not electoral votes, among other things).

I still loved Ross, and if he ran again, I'd vote for him again.

rice_classic
01-13-2008, 09:31 PM
We need publicity.. We need the message to get OUT! I have met more people who have seen Peyton Manning's SNL skit from March 2007 then know who Ron Paul is!!!!!

Ron Paul needs to DO SOMETHING VERY BIG. How did MLK get so much attention? He compelled people to listen. The message of freedom has been around, the message of liberty is tried and true. MLK generated that coverage, that following not because of his message but because of himself. MLK made it happen. The message can only do much, it's champion must have great Personality, Charisma and Appeal. The Champion has to do something big that forces people to stand up and say... "Hey, what's going on here?"

Ron needs to do something big, Ron needs to *lead* his people.

Myerz
01-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm sure you can probably reach him here....or someone who might be able to.....

http://perotsystems.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=company_overview

I'm sure he would love funding this movement, but will probably want nothing to do with the media.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Ross Perot made his money on government contracts. He wouldn't bite the hand that feeds him.

rice_classic
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Other ideas:

Ron Paul on Howard Stern show
Ron Paul on Oprah's show
Ron Paul on Tavis Smiley's show
Ron Paul Free Concert tour by big musician(s)
Ron Paul infomercials or Edutainment segments
Ron Paul hiring a known/successful campaign manager.

Ron Paul PUBLICLY challenging either Dem or Rep candidates on a 1 on 1 televised debate.

We all saw the SC Fox debate footage, Ron Paul showed his "spirited" side and I think there's still an animal in a cage.

He needs to do something that gets people talking. He needs to start publicly obliterating the arguments held by other candidates.