PDA

View Full Version : free newspaper ads - stuff them yourself

FBodyJim
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm not if or how effective this may be, or if I broke any laws... but just in case...

In my dream...... I stopped by my local diner early this (Sunday) morning and opened up all of the free local newspaper boxes (those metal boxes that offer a free, usually local, newspapers) and stuffed a Ron Paul slimjim into the front cover/second page of each paper. Its a local paper that all of the old farts who go to the dinner pickup to read about the local (usually political) issues, which seem like a good target audiance. I dropped in slimjims (just over 25) but it might be cheaper if I just hit up the StapleMax and get black/white 2 sided photo copies made of the Ron Paul flyer and stuff those in - if enough of us stuff these flyers into our local free papers/auto shoppers/house shoppers/etc, it might just flood the public with the name, which get a few to figure out who/why they keep seeing the name everywhere.

Just a thought - trying to do my part.

1776Patriot
01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Totally! I think the b&w homemade fliers are a much better usage of money considering that many might not care one way or the other and end up chucking them. The Slim Jims are nice looking I know and concur and help to fund the main HQ campaign but the grassroots fliers are better if we are limited on funds. Here in S.E. Idaho we have just a small handful of diehard Paulites and no actual central funding for anything. So B&W fliers are a much easier way for us to all go make up our own fliers and DIY them on our own.

RSLudlum
01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Guerilla Tactics at their best!!!

I'm guilty of this myself ;)

but DO NOT USE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN MATERIALS and have disclaimer on flyers stating it is not part of or affiliated with official campaign