PDA

View Full Version : Ron at 2% nationally :-(

smartguy911
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

what the hell is going on? :confused:

Molly1
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Not enough ads telling his position and showing how he is different from the others.

gaazn
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
the 3% who thought he was racist is going to another candidate?

mstrmac1
Not!

ronpaulyourmom
5% in the ARG and CNN poll taken just recently, fwiw.

firebirdnation
Not enough ads telling his position and showing how he is different from the others.

Agreed, I haven't seen a single RP Ad here in California, but I have seen ads for the other candidates. :confused:

matratzac
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
i dont get it. we polled like 7% in iowa. we polled up to 14% in nh. we are polling 8% in MI. how the fudge are we still so low nationally? i mean, seriously?

Paul4Prez
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
The smear is working, and the media blackout is in full effect after a single-digit result in New Hampshire, which was assumed to be our stronghold. People who were hoping for a strong follow-up to a fair start in Iowa were disappointed, and are prematurely writing off Ron Paul. There's also just some normal variation in the polls.

The national polls don't matter much, and we're still polling well in Michigan. IF we get a lot of Democrats to cross over in Michigan, and place third with well over 10% of the vote, we can regain our momentum and set up strong finishes in Nevada and South Carolina and get the snowball rolling for real.

Some of the national polls may be leaving him out again. He doesn't show up in the California polls....

nimo
01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
People love living in denial!

Molly1
i dont get it. we polled like 7% in iowa. we polled up to 14% in nh. we are polling 8% in MI. how the fudge are we still so low nationally? i mean, seriously?

Because they seem to figure him out just before a primary.

Maybe because all the supporters are working overtime?

smartguy911

it actually dropped. I am confused too. maybe the fox debate did some damage

stevedasbach
01-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Ron is invisible nationally. To change the national numbers, we either need the MSM coverage that comes from a better than expected showing and/or national TV ads.

JS4Pat
:cool:

No plan and no leadership in the campaign.

There is a powerful and marketable message & candidate in Ron Paul.

There is an unbelievable committed and energetic base of support.

There is money in the bank.

There is no excuse for not at least being 10% nationally right now - even with the media and establishment obstacles.

Give me liberty
Enough with the polls please.

smartguy911
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
The smear is working, and the media blackout is in full effect after a single-digit result in New Hampshire, which was assumed to be our stronghold. People who were hoping for a strong follow-up to a fair start in Iowa were disappointed, and are prematurely writing off Ron Paul. There's also just some normal variation in the polls.

The national polls don't matter much, and we're still polling well in Michigan. IF we get a lot of Democrats to cross over in Michigan, and place third with well over 10% of the vote, we can regain our momentum and set up strong finishes in Nevada and South Carolina and get the snowball rolling for real.

Some of the national polls may be leaving him out again. He doesn't show up in the California polls....

i am guessing 4th or 5th place just like in other 2 primaries.

cmc
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I saw this also. Ron had 3% in yesterday's polls.

I don't buy into little variations, but didn't we have over 10% at some point in December?

literatim
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM

I don't buy into little variations, but didn't we have over 10% at some point in December?

We've never had 10% nationally. Highest we've been is 5%.

smartguy911
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM

i remember seeing 5-6% nationally only

Exitestablishment
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Ron Paul is not included in all the national polls. That's proven by the fact that he is reciving a much higer percentage in Iowa, N.H., Michigan and so on.

smartguy911
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Ron Paul is not included in all the national polls. That's proven by the fact that he is reciving a much higer percentage in Iowa, N.H., Michigan and so on.

where does it say he is not included in national polls?

MadViking10
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
The drop in the national polls are for three really simple reasons. Very few have a clue who he is. The media is going to make sure of that because they are both lazy and corrupt. Last, we failed to overcome the first two facts in the first two primaries.

TSOL
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM
There are simply not enough American's paying attention. Pres / Party Debates should all be treated like a State of the Union; broadcast on every effin channel. Not on just one channel.

People just don't care.

Exitestablishment
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
where does it say he is not included in national polls?

I don't remember the source, but I have read that he is not included in every poll. Obviously, he is in some of them. I don't know about the most recent polls though.

ronpaulyourmom
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
We've never had 10% nationally. Highest we've been is 5%.

We hit Rasmussen 8% for one day, we've had about 10 days at 7%, and a bunch at six.

We've mostly averaged 4-6 over the last few months though.

rexsolomon
01-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeh right, blame everyone else but ourselves.

We have a 'man in the mirror' problem.

There is a very big problem with our message (nearly all of it). It needs refinement so that it will appeal with the majority - Democrats, Independents and Republicans.

Dr. Paul needs to personally state his stand on OBL and his 'Just War' philosophy, telling the American public very clearly that hunting terrorists is a job for spies and NOT the military.

He also needs to personally state why his solution for the failing economy is far better than any of the other candidates, who will only devalue the currency AND increase taxes.

REPEAT AFTER ME: RON PAUL'S MESSAGE IS MAINSTREAM, NOT FRINGE.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

ninepointfive
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM

There is a very big problem with our message (nearly all of it). It needs refinement so that it will appeal with the majority - Democrats, Independents and Republicans.

Dr. Paul needs to personally state his stand on OBL and his 'Just War' philosophy, telling the American public very clearly that hunting terrorists is a job for spies and NOT the military.

He also needs to personally state why his solution for the failing economy is far better than any of the other candidates, who will only devalue the currency AND increase taxes.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Exactly!

I also think targeting efforts to the elderly who vote is critical! This is the key to winning the election since the elderly are the majority who vote! who knew?:rolleyes:

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

You are exactly right sir. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. Media blackout? Paul should have been at the NH Fox debate, but other than that he's had plenty of opportuinties on tv. Here are the shows I've seen him on:

NBC- Meet the Press, The Tonight Show twice

MSNBC- Morning Joe a few times, Hardball, Tucker many times, MSNBC Live with Dan Abrams

CNN- The Situation Room many times, Larry King Live, Anderson Cooper, Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs

Fox News- Fox and Friends a couple times, Neil Cavuto a couple times, The O'Reilly Factor

CBS- Face the Nation

ABC- This week with George Stephanopolous

PBS- NOW, Bill Moyer's Journal, Newshour

Comedy Central- The Colbert Report, The Daily Show

HBO- Real Time with Bill Maher

CNBC- Kudlow and Company, Mad Money

That's pretty good for a guy with his polling numbers and I'm probably missing some. They're not going to cover the guy anymore when he finished in 5th place twice and he's polling a distant 4th or lower in every upcoming primary state. This guy is right about the message needing to be tweaked. Staff changes should have been made. Should have been done a long time ago, and now it may be too late. If Paul had finished in the top 3 in Iowa or NH, they would have been talking about him.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
He should have pretended to be a neo con to win the nomination.

liberteebell
01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Exactly!

I also think targeting efforts to the elderly who vote is critical! This is the key to winning the election since the elderly are the majority who vote! who knew?:rolleyes:

Funny you should say that...I had an interesting experience at an assisted living home where one of my clients my lives. I met with her the evening after the NH primary and ran into a RP supporter whose mother lives in the building. He mentioned how "we" hadn't done so well in the NH primary and lo and behold, all the elderly people in the lobby perked up and started complaining about how bad things are and how, get this: we need a 3rd party (!!!)

I normally refrain from saying anything to my clients about Ron Paul unless they ask (believe me, with all my bumper stickers, key chain, liberty wristband and buttons, they always ask). But I digress.

Since they mentioned this, I went ahead and pulled out Ron Paul information and handed it out. Turns out, my client has been politically active all her life and is really disgusted. She was extremely interested in what I had to say and her daughter and son-in-law are political junkies and she promised to pass the info to them.

Because of this, I decided to call around to some of the assisted living and retirement homes and see if they would let me do a presentation on Ron Paul or at least bring some information by.

The elderly DO vote, even in bad weather. Many of them have actually read the constitution and understand it. Many do not have the internet but they do read the paper and watch news on TV. I have discovered that many are Barry Goldwater fans. We just need to reach them.

rexsolomon
01-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Exactly!

Dr. Paul's personal message should be:

"I will support all those who are currently dependent on Medicare by curbing wasteful spending in the wars, revising our foreign policy and strengthening the value of the dollar."

Again, repeat after me:

Ron Paul's message is MAINSTREAM, not fringe.

RevolutionSD
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

what the hell is going on? :confused:

I just don't believe this at all.
My meetup group keeps adding 10 more people a day.
I don't know a single person who has joined then left the revolution.
We are the ONLY signs you see around here and by far the most bumper stickers.

This polls is utter bullshit.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
1. Out of control truthers and haters that are alienating normal voters
2. Lack of a national presence (i.e. RP needs a national TV ad now to overcome his low name recognition.)
3. Dismal numbers in the first 3 primaries

Dr. Paul doesn’t need to show how he is different; he needs to show how he is the same.

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
And yet the polls have been pretty accurate in predicting Ron Paul's numbers in both Iowa and NH. I think the "polls are totally wrong" excuse is lame at this point. They were only way off on Obama's 8 point lead in NH. Other than that they've been spot on.

exer51
01-13-2008, 09:37 PM

It's because people actually get off their asses right before the election, instead of say a few weeks BEFORE the election. We NEED to be hitting it hard before the election. WHY??? Because every person we convert say 2 weeks before might have a chance to convert friends/family by election time.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=88885

This thread is what needs to happen. It really is our best chance I think. Why spend all this energy on complicated hail marys when all we need to do is mobilize people that are already on board a couple weeks earlier???