PDA

View Full Version : GOP Top Brass Discuss Strategies; What to Do About Paul and Returning to Core Values

Pages : [1] 2

michaelwise
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I was speaking to party insiders this weekend and was told that discussions reaching as high as Mike Duncan, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, were taking place on what to do about Ron Paul. I was told that the movement has had a profound affect on the party and is reshaping the current platform. Concessions must be made to the Ron Paul Republicans if the party is to thrive. They said they know the party will lose in the general election to the Democrats without Ron Paul supporters and irreparable damage to the party could last for decades.

To be brandished as losers does not sit well with the top brass in the party, and an incredible amount of resources are being wasted. They said that a return to core Republican values could go a long way in returning credibility to the party. I didn't ask what they meant by this but I know what they were thinking. I think they are beginning to see the writing on the wall, and I hope this is the beginning of a breakthrough for our party.

wgadget
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, HALLELUJAH.

Xonox
I hope this is true... it sure seems like Huckabee is on board :rolleyes:

mavtek
I hope so

acroso
01-13-2008, 08:01 PM
my ass....they want to stay in Iraq for 100 years.

We're better off with Democrats at this point if not Paul.

Indy Vidual
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I was speaking to party insiders this weekend and was told that discussions reaching as high as Mike Duncan, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, were taking place on what to do about Ron Paul. I was told that the movement has had a profound affect on the party and is reshaping the current platform. Concessions must be made to the Ron Paul Republicans if the party is to thrive. They said they know the party will lose in the general election to the Democrats without Ron Paul supporters and irreparable damage to the party could last for decades.

To be brandished as losers does not sit well with the top brass in the party, and an incredible amount of resources are being wasted. They said that a return to core Republican values could go a long way in returning credibility to the party. I didn't ask what they meant by this but I know what they were thinking. I think they are beginning to see the writing on the wall, and I hope this is the beginning of a breakthrough for our party.

This could get pretty interesting.

literatim
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
http://xs222.xs.to/xs222/07512/stealinurbase.jpg

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM

He has been very unabashed in his take over of Ron Paul's campaign positions. I would love to see the Republican Party make a large move back to it's Conservative traditions, it is on par with getting Ron Paul elected as President.

With that said, it's just so hard to trust most of those liars.

Remember folks, even should Ron Paul lose this race but return to Congress, he could be the most powerful Congressman on the Hill if we keep our support behind him. Never forget this. Never give up. This is just the beginning.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Nice!

Mark Rushmore
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM

People in positions of power want to stay in power. The ideology comes from external pressure that makes people in positions of power believe they'd better get in line behind the external platform and issues in order to stay in power. The neo-conservatives, with their media dominance, have for a long while made this case the strongest. The leadership can see the writing on the wall, the neo-conservatives no longer need to use the Republicans as a vessel, but can return to their more comfortable Democratic clothes (sensing an easy Democratic victory).

That leaves the Republican leadership to bow to the next pressure group that offers them hope for continued power.

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM

Well we need liberty minded folks in the Democratic party too :)

ProfNo
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Sweetness

melianthus
01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
You mean they will tell us whatever they think we want to hear so we'll vote for them and then they'll just stay in Iraq for another 100 years? No Thanks.

DealzOnWheelz
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
hopefully this is a sign of the liberty and freedom to come

angrydragon
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I hope you're right and that you're being honest.

HazardPerry
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
The only concession I want from the GOP is to throw some support behind our man. That is the only way I will judge them as genuine in any sort of return to core values. What they don't realize is that their new wave of potential voters (us) is not going to be placated by smarmy doublespeak. We aren't idiots, and we aren't going to be led around. They are going to have to be genuine or we will see it for the hollow promise that it is. I don't know if being honest is something they are going to be able to bring themselves to do. :o

Would be nice to know we're stirring the pot up there though :cool:

apc3161
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry, but if the Republican party is not the party that would nominate a man like Ron Paul, then I want no business with them. That means the Republican party and I would have very little in common, if such was the case, why would I support them? Because I like them more than the Democrats? That’s doesn’t sound like a good reason to me. I will stand by my principles. If it comes to it, I will register as a libertarian and devote my efforts to that party.

spiteface
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
This has nothing with moving towards actual conservative/libertarian values. It has to do with using Ron Paul talking points to win elections. Basically, how do we get a Guiliani or Thompson to sound enough like Ron Paul that we can swing some of his voters and not lose the general in a landslide. I don't see how this is a good thing. It's not like they're going to embrace the real deal.

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
You mean they will tell us whatever they think we want to hear so we'll vote for them and then they'll just stay in Iraq for another 100 years? No Thanks.

+1000

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I call BS. They treat Ron like dirt, and mock him.

They won't get the message until Ron runs independent and brings them to their knees.

They need to renounce war-mongering before we will even listen to them.

michaelwise
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares them the most.

JonathanR
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Even if any one of those five other clowns started imitating Ron Paul word-for-word, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Give me candidates with proven track records of fiscal responsibility, limiting the size & scope of federal government, and attention to the Constitution and then I'll start thinking of voting for them.

BeFranklin
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Lol.

michaelwise
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I hope you're right and that you're being honest.My family has a long history of being involved in party politics, although I have never participated.

evadmurd
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Sounds like they realize, or at least coming to the realization, that without Ron Paul, there is no chance to beat the Hillary/Obama ticket. About time. I don't like the work "concessions". I want victory...even if it comes by writing Ron Paul on my ballot in November.

Dieseler
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
They aren't saying they will nominate him I reckon.
They are simply beginning to realize they can't win without his supporters.
We are that big now.

Question is, what will they do with their new found knowledge?

wgadget
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow, they're just now figuring it out?

I wonder how many people (like me) have answered the RNC's calls for $$$ with, "Sorry, I won't be contributing to you unless you start listening to Ron Paul. BTW, I've been giving all my $$$ to him..."

LOL>

dawnbt
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
They aren't saying they will nominate him I reckon.
They are simply beginning to realize they can't win without his supporters.
We are that big now.

Question is, what will they do with their new found knowledge?

No kidding. They know how many votes Ron has really received, better than anyone else!

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 08:35 PM
I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares them the most.

Do they realize that most informed Paul supporters WILL NOT support any of the sell outs and flip floppers on their ticket?
Do they realize that even with the Ron Paul supporters, winning the Presidency will still be close, because of the damage done to the Party?

I would like to see the Republican Party reformed to be something to be proud of, but it has a long way to go. I am not seeing this in my area yet.

gerryb
01-13-2008, 08:35 PM

I wonder how many people (like me) have answered the RNC's calls for $$$ with, "Sorry, I won't be contributing to you unless you start listening to Ron Paul. BTW, I've been giving all my $$$ to him..."

LOL>

QFT, wonder if the NRA will ever come around?

gerryb
01-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I wonder if they have considered what we will be doing if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination... I'm sure many of us will continue to promote material that is negative on their other candidates... Clinton/Obama with 200+ million in national advertising against who ever the RNC fields, plus the Ron Paul grassroots against them as well?....

dirka
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
If Paul doesn't get the nomination, I will try to fuck over the republican party for the rest of my life.

Goldwater Conservative
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Of course they're nervous, the Democrats had much better turnout than the Republicans in Iowa and NH. Factoring out Paul's 8-10% makes the situation look even more dire for the GOP. The problem they have is that they can't really appeal to those voters without abandoning the only issue that's keeping the tattered coalition from collapsing, i.e. the War on Terror.

Relatedly, they're also probably panicking because they thought they could keep most anti-war members of the party on board if Hillary was the nominee, but now Obama, who could attract Republicans the way Reagan pulled in Democrats, stands a fighting chance. Karl Rove sure did replicate McKinley's success in establishing the groundwork for a generational majority party... it just might prove to be the Dems.

Akus
01-13-2008, 08:44 PM

So, other then shaking their heads and saying woe is us, they have made a blue print of how to get Ron Paul to win.

Right?

JGalt
01-13-2008, 08:50 PM
If Paul doesn't get the nomination, I will try to fuck over the republican party for the rest of my life.

you're not the only one. If they can't see the truth when we lay it in front of them they aren't worth saving.

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Well, that sounds good, but I must admit I don't trust them. I see little in the way of how they would screw the people for their own personal gain with a return to core values...but there is always room for hope I suppose.

RP is the only candidate I want to win, but I will attack Republicans every chance I get if he doesn't get the nomination until the day I die, out of pure spite. Fact is, even with the best candidate it will be hard to beat Democrats this time around. Without the best candidate they are dead in the water. Thats the funny thing...Republicans are in a world of shit. On one hand they have all of us RP people and the mass excitement that is being built up against them, and on the other they have a bunch of strong democratic candidates with which their desired republican candidates cannot compete on any ground.

Ethek
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Thats really interesting. In their hearts the must have an overriding sense of doom. They know there is not much at all they can do to make concessions on Ron Paul's issues.

Listening to the constitution is an all-in position. With it comes Ron Paul's entire philosophy.

If championing the constitution is the concession I'm in. If its not, they are liars.

HippyInASuit
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
All this means is you're going to her more anti-tax, "change" oriented rhetoric from the others GOP candidates.

Soccrmastr
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
i dont know how much I would trust this... don't expect anything people

hummtide
01-13-2008, 09:04 PM
:D

HEY! Dont forget me too! I WILL MAKE THEM PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE!!!... whew.. sorry.. had my Captain Picard moment there

AlexMerced
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
lol, this is gonna be awesome, Ron Paul would budge if they concede on Foreign Policy, which is really the key issue, since everything else is fought in congress.

We might of just changed the world.

niall
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I won't vote if Ron is not in the race, and most of the RP supporters I know feel the same way. If Ron does not get the republican nomination, they are handing a victory to the democrats.

ninepointfive
01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I won't vote if Ron is not in the race, and most of the RP supporters I know feel the same way. If Ron does not get the republican nomination, they are handing a victory to the democrats.

indeed

smartguy911
01-13-2008, 09:11 PM

yupoo

austin356
01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I was at the Red, White, and Blue (largest annual Republican fundraiser) dinner last Friday night. I proudly jacket pinned my RP 08 button. I had nothing but praise from people telling me they liked Ron and I had balls to come out and publicly show it.

susano
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM

Ditto

Cowlesy
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM

LOL>

EXACTLY. Everytime the RNC or the NRSC calls up and asks for money, instead of a pretty nice size check, I give them $5.00 and an earful about traditional conservative values.

If anyone else here is a member of these organizations, they're begging for money through tons of calls and direct mail (though I see the RNC is still outpacing the DNC).

Someone else made a point about the Republicans not being able to win without us folks. They're right. If you look at the Democratic voter turnout, it is simply staggering at the amount of people that came out to the caucuses/ for IA and NH.

That massive influx of angry Dem voters coupled with us Ron Paul folks voting for the man not the party = probably a 55%/45% or worse landslide victory for the Dems if Ron isn't the nominee.

Dlynne
01-13-2008, 09:22 PM

They won't get the message until Ron runs independent and brings them to their knees.

Maybe the party insiders need to have a word with Rupert Murdock. He is the one who seems to be calling the shots.

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't think losing Ron Paul supporters will cost them the general election. Paul had 10,000 votes in Iowa and 15,000 in NH. Those votes have come from everywhere, from libertarians to Democrats to Republicans to non voters. And likewise, those votes could go to a number of places in the general election. 1.5 million people and 680,000 people voted in the 2004 general election in Iowa and NH. Both contests saw a greater turnout for the Democrats in the primaries this year and both states saw Republicans lose in 2006. I think they'd go Democrat anyway and we'll see what happens in other states. They're going to lose the general election because of George W. Bush, Iraq, and the economy.

susano
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Maybe the party insiders need to have a word with Rupert Murdock. He is the one who seems to be calling the shots.

Murdoch is a Democrat, supporting Hillary Clinton.

AlexMerced
01-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't think losing Ron Paul supporters will cost them the general election. Paul had 10,000 votes in Iowa and 15,000 in NH. Those votes have come from everywhere, from libertarians to Democrats to Republicans to non voters. And likewise, those votes could go to a number of places in the general election. 1.5 million people and 680,000 people voted in the 2004 general election in Iowa and NH. Both contests saw a greater turnout for the Democrats in the primaries this year and both states saw Republicans lose in 2006. I think they'd go Democrat anyway and we'll see what happens in other states. They're going to lose the general election because of George W. Bush, Iraq, and the economy.

Yeah but an impending 3rd party run would destroy the GOP base and destroy any hopes of unifying the base. It's not about winning the general election at this point, it's about restoring faith in the party.

Here is what I got to say about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCI9X501fEE

Marc3579
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow a lot of speculation here on this thread. I also love the whole "If RP isn't the nominee I won't vote!" Let me ask this question, what exactly do you think not voting is going to do? Not voting is the same as watching some guy next door murder his wife and let him get away with it. If you don't vote, you can't whine about the loss of civil rights. Because, you didn't vote to get someone in there that might stop the loss of civil rights. I'd also, love to your reasons for not voting and how you justify it. :>

Marc3579
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
As Alex said, if there is a "unity" third party run by Bloomberg and whomever he drafts that could steal away some more votes from the disenfranchised Republicans. They are trying to save the party, first I heard that this revolution was about ideas, then I heard, it's about ideas and getting Ron Paul as president. Now it's only about getting Ron Paul as president...So what is it exactly this revolution is about? Is it truly about "IDEAS" or is it only about getting Ron Paul as president?

hueylong
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Lip Service.

Ron Paul Fan
Yeah but an impending 3rd party run would destroy the GOP base and destroy any hopes of unifying the base. It's not about winning the general election at this point, it's about restoring faith in the party.

Here is what I got to say about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCI9X501fEE

A 3rd party run by Paul would destroy the base? First of all, the base is already pretty cracked as I mentioned because of Bush, Iraq, and the economy. Secondly, Paul probably won't run 3rd party as he's been saying all along. Third, faith in the party being restored for this general election is pretty much lost. Even if Paul was the party nominee, his unlikeables are through the roof and he'd get destroyed in the general as the Democrats make him look fringe and bring up the newsletter. The party's best chance at being restored is a Hillary Clinton presidency, as bad as that sounds.

pinkmandy
So they're saying "copy Ron Paul" then do wtf you want. If they were principled to begin with we wouldn't be having this conversation or need this REVOLUTION. Liars.

And our vote will cost them the election. They NEED every vote they can get. Democrats are outvoting Republicans almost 2 to 1 in the primaries.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
A 3rd party run by Paul would destroy the base? First of all, the base is already pretty cracked as I mentioned because of Bush, Iraq, and the economy. Secondly, Paul probably won't run 3rd party as he's been saying all along. Third, faith in the party being restored for this general election is pretty much lost. Even if Paul was the party nominee, his unlikeables are through the roof and he'd get destroyed in the general as the Democrats make him look fringe and bring up the newsletter. The party's best chance at being restored is a Hillary Clinton presidency, as bad as that sounds.

Not so. Many dems have not heard RP's message. RP getting the nomination would give him exposure to both parties audience which in turn would win millions of votes more. That and that alone would restore the Grand Old Party.

Paulbot_9876
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
maybe rp should come out with a word kinda like a threat......if i loose the nomination.....I will support a democrat over these war mongers and i believe my voters would follow suit.....
put it to them good, hard and up front so they know he is not pissin around......

voiceactivated
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
The Neo-Cons and the Dems can all go to hell. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant, power-hungry, self-serving hypocrites sinking up our government we have had in a century. They answer only to lobbyists, not to the people they were elected to represent. If they're afraid of the grassroots swelling of the "little people" who have had enough of their hubris then so be it. Don't fall for any promises of a return to real republican principles. They have proven beyond a doubt they cannot be trusted - ever.

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Not so. Many dems have not heard RP's message. RP getting the nomination would give him exposure to both parties audience which in turn would win millions of votes more. That and that alone would restore the Grand Old Party.

And the democratic nominee would bring up how Paul introduced bills to define life at conception, overturn Texas v. Lawerence, and abolish the Federal Reserve. They'd say his foreign policy is isolationism, his economic policy would leave people out in the streets, and that he's a racist. Republicans who hate Paul wouldn't vote for him or they'd vote for the Democrat, just like Paul voters who won't vote for a Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani, Romney nominee. It works both ways you know.

Computer
01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow a lot of speculation here on this thread. I also love the whole "If RP isn't the nominee I won't vote!" Let me ask this question, what exactly do you think not voting is going to do? Not voting is the same as watching some guy next door murder his wife and let him get away with it. If you don't vote, you can't whine about the loss of civil rights. Because, you didn't vote to get someone in there that might stop the loss of civil rights. I'd also, love to your reasons for not voting and how you justify it. :>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ

MJfromCT
01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
The GOP nominee will not get my vote this upcoming election if it is not Ron Paul. This is not a threat, it is a fact. The GOP party has been attempting to railroad Ron Paul and I will not forgive and forget. I will use my right to vote for the best person for the job and that would be Ron Paul if he runs as a third party candidate. If Ron Paul does not run, I will vote for the candidate from the Libertarian or Constitution Party and have zero regrets as I will have voted with my conscience.

Hayek's Heroes
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM

They need to change their way of thinking. The reason Ron Paul is able to raise a ton of money (including mine) and get votes is because he is the only true Republican in the race. The party has lost it's way. I've been a Republican for my entire life, but I was angry after Bush pulled the switcheroo in 2000 after campaigning for a smaller federal government and better fiscal discipline. It's doesn't take very much time or energy to veto every spending bill that comes across your desk. Thanks for screwing my generation and all generations to come. I voted Libertarian in 2004. The fiscal wing (Goldwater) of the party has either already switched to Libertarian or is leaving the party on this election. I don't see why they keep invoking the name of Reagan when Reagan was originally part of the Goldwater wing. That's what's screwy. Somehow historical truth is being rewritten by the Neocons and that's the problem. The current philosophy has alienated the other two wings of the "Reagan coalition". Sorry for the rant.

fuzzybekool
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
We are an important 10% of the Republican party. And not counting Independents and Democrats, the general election can not be won without us.

We are not asking for much. Just return the party to fiscal conservatism and downsize the scope of government. Return the party to no nation building and promote traditional family values. Defend our freedoms at home and secure our borders. Keep our military strong and let America be the beacon of hope and liberty it once was.

rfbz
01-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Funny how Frank Luntz says there's no way for RP to win the republican nomination because he's against the war, yet there's no way a republican can win the general election because 70% of the country wants us out. The GOP has attached itself to a failed policy and will suffer the consequences.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-13-2008, 09:58 PM
And the democratic nominee would bring up how Paul introduced bills to define life at conception, overturn Texas v. Lawerence, and abolish the Federal Reserve. They'd say his foreign policy is isolationism, his economic policy would leave people out in the streets, and that he's a racist. Republicans who hate Paul wouldn't vote for him or they'd vote for the Democrat, just like Paul voters who won't vote for a Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani, Romney nominee. It works both ways you know.

Is that it?

I haven't seen RP not being able to respond to these critiques with reasonableness and consistency. People will realize that these critiques are flakes.

I can't see Republicans voting democratic unless the dem nominee is well worth it and Hillary is really not worth it. Republicans remember B Clinton in the WH and will do everything to prevent another Clinton in the WH.

Jodi
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM

Question for ya: When asked of RP, in one of the debates, who of the other candidates he would support in the General. I believe he said that he couldn't support any of them unless they were on board with his beliefs/platform. Who would RP vote for? I don't think he would vote for any of them. When Nov comes around if RP is not on the ballot I will write him in, if that isn't allowed then I will not vote as I have decided that I can't give my vote to someone that does not have the same principles as Dr. Paul. For me Dr. Paul has raised the bar and none of the other candidates can measure up.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
We are an important 10% of the Republican party. And not counting Independents and Democrats, the general election can not be won without us.

We are not asking for much. Just return the party to fiscal conservatism and downsize the scope of government. Return the party to no nation building and promote traditional family values. Defend our freedoms at home and secure our borders. Keep our military strong and let America be the beacon of hope and liberty it once was.

I don't think we're just 10%. How many people say they won't vote for them even if they like him because he's unelectable?

MadViking10
01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm going to write Ron Paul on my ballot if needed. If there's not a spot for it I will write it on my diebold machine.

Computer
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM

Yes.... but none of that goes well with the NWO plan, so maybe we just keep the name "Republican", but do whatever we want, and occasionally we name drop Jesus and say support our troops.

Leslie Webb
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM

LOL>

I did also.

Taco John
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I almost hope that they reject Ron...

Currently he's got about 10% of their base that he could easily transfer to the libertarian party. Best, it's young voters. I think that another 10% could be peeled away from the Democrats, giving the Libertarian party a 20% base from which to work from. Those are the kind of numbers that put an election up for grabs. I most definitely believe Ron Paul could seal the deal there.

michaelwise
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
The only way I could put even a little trust in the GOP at this point is if they put the word out to the mainstream media to allow Ron Paul's message to be heard. Give him fair time with the rest of the candidates in the news. At this point it is probably unlikely that Dr. Paul will win the nomination, but allowing the core Republican values that Ron Paul preaches, would at least show that the party is willing to entertain those values once again.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:04 PM
The Neo-Cons and the Dems can all go to hell. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant, power-hungry, self-serving hypocrites sinking up our government we have had in a century. They answer only to lobbyists, not to the people they were elected to represent. If they're afraid of the grassroots swelling of the "little people" who have had enough of their hubris then so be it. Don't fall for any promises of a return to real republican principles. They have proven beyond a doubt they cannot be trusted - ever.

Word

Computer
01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
The only way I could put even a little trust in the GOP at this point is if they put the word out to the mainstream media to allow Ron Paul's message to be heard. Give him fair time with the rest of the candidates in the news. At this point it is probably unlikely that Dr. Paul will win the nomination, but allowing the core Republican values that Ron Paul preaches, would at least show that the party is willing to entertain those values once again.

It's no 'accident' that the party has drifted from its former core values. It was by design and implemented by very powerful, long-term thinking people. We must realize this in order to isolate the problem makers and root them out.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM

Currently he's got about 10% of their base that he could easily transfer to the libertarian party. Best, it's young voters. I think that another 10% could be peeled away from the Democrats, giving the Libertarian party a 20% base from which to work from. Those are the kind of numbers that put an election up for grabs. I most definitely believe Ron Paul could seal the deal there.

Good point. Yet, it's risky because a lot of people are brainwashed into this 2 party system that they won't risk voting 3rd party

Computer
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm going to write Ron Paul on my ballot if needed. If there's not a spot for it I will write it on my diebold machine.

Those machines would look a lot better with Ron Paul stickers on them.

Grandson of Liberty
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
"Concessions" sounds too much like "pandering." I don't want concessions, I want a true-blue change and return to conservative values.

niall
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Here's a more precise metaphor:

Imagine that you're having dinner at a restaurant, and 4 people sit down with you and regale you with interesting conversation. At the end of the dinner, they hold a vote to see who will pick up the entire tab. They, representing the majority, decide that it is you that shall pay for everyone's dinner. Whether you vote or not is irrelevant in this case, for the outcome has been predetermined. In fact, voting merely legitimizes the use of force against you because you have willingly submitted to the process.

So, given the above -- why have I chosen to support, donate to, and vote for Ron Paul? The principle infringement of our liberty, in my opinion, is the central banking system. When that rare man steps forward who is willing to challenge that system and promise to reform it (Andrew Jackson was probably the last such man), he has my full support. Not only has Ron promised that, but he has demonstrated fidelity to those principles for the past 30+ years.

In the event that Ron does not get the Republican nomination, nor run as a 3rd party, then the presidential fate will have been decided for this election year and I will abstain from participating in the grand illusion. However, no matter what, I'll continue to fight for the cause of liberty, and I suspect that many others feel the same way. Ron has started brushfires of liberty that will burn long after this contest has been decided.

jasonuher
01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Even if any one of those five other clowns started imitating Ron Paul word-for-word, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Give me candidates with proven track records of fiscal responsibility, limiting the size & scope of federal government, and attention to the Constitution and then I'll start thinking of voting for them.

+ a million

susano
01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Very good comments in this thread.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea if we all write letters to our state GOP and let them know how we feel.

It's amazing that genuine conservatives are being shat upon in favor of Trotskyite neoCONS.

I will not vote for any Democrat or other Republican, period. I'll go third party, as usual. It's the Constitution or nothing.

mexicanpizza
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
This thread makes me smile. Skeptically so, but still, a big RP smile. :D

dsentell
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Very interesting thread . . .

In the event that RP is not on the ballot in November, I hope that everyone will proceed to vote by writing in RON PAUL.

Let's not let them silence us, keep shouting RON PAUL to the end . . .

niall
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM

In the event that RP is not on the ballot in November, I hope that everyone will proceed to vote by writing in RON PAUL.

Agreed!

Computer
01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Very good comments in this thread.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea if we all write letters to our state GOP and let them know how we feel.

It's amazing that genuine conservatives are being shat upon in favor of Trotskyite neoCONS.

I will not vote for any Democrat or other Republican, period. I'll go third party, as usual. It's the Constitution or nothing.

Note to self... say "shat upon" in casual conversation this week.

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
The only concession I want from the GOP is to throw some support behind our man. That is the only way I will judge them as genuine in any sort of return to core values. What they don't realize is that their new wave of potential voters (us) is not going to be placated by smarmy doublespeak. We aren't idiots, and we aren't going to be led around. They are going to have to be genuine or we will see it for the hollow promise that it is. I don't know if being honest is something they are going to be able to bring themselves to do. :o

Would be nice to know we're stirring the pot up there though :cool:

+1776

It's like you read my mind. :D

All the other Republicans running have horrible records and all the slogans and talking points in the world can't change that. I hope the GOP realizes that we're looking for more than just a platform. We're looking for somebody with the foundation to hold that platform - and we found that somebody in Ron Paul.

pacelli
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM

Ok. Just for the record: You are being completely truthful here? No BS?

damon04
01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Keep up all efforts talking with people about him... Our dreams may be stolen at the RNC by delegates grouping against Ron Paul's.... If he does make an independant run (I think he should and would), then he really could bring in over 1/3 of the country...

It is our job to make sure as MANY PEOPLE know his message before Election Day...

He would take the 25% of Republicans that haven't gone neo-con, he may take about 5-10% of the democrats, and then take most all the independants, and ALL 3rd party members...

I mean, with our help and CONSTANT work on telling people about him, we could take the white house with that independant run... people are waking up, and the more people know, the more voices we have and our rate of growth is that much more...

I like to be positive about all this, the other side of the coin (all the other candidates) just make me sick and mad and even more apethietic than before I awoke to Ron's message...

Ron LOL
01-13-2008, 10:29 PM
IMO the republicans will come around on the war once a nominee is decided. Some sort of number on the cost of the war (in dollars, of course, not lives) will come out, and the republican nominee (I'll keep fighting the good fight, but I think we all know at this point that it won't be Dr. Paul) will start to sing Ron Paul's song about how we have to come home because we just can't afford to stay any longer.

I guess I could take that as it's certainly better than nothing, but I'll still be writing Dr. Paul's name on my ballot.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 10:29 PM
If I hadn't seen Ron Paul in Rock Hill, SC with my own eyes, I would assume he didn't really exist.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
IMO the republicans will come around on the war once a nominee is decided. Some sort of number on the cost of the war (in dollars, of course, not lives) will come out, and the republican nominee (I'll keep fighting the good fight, but I think we all know at this point that it won't be Dr. Paul) will start to sing Ron Paul's song about how we have to come home because we just can't afford to stay any longer.

I guess I could take that as it's certainly better than nothing, but I'll still be writing Dr. Paul's name on my ballot.

Have you noticed all the good news coming out of Iraq lately? I counted no less than 6 articles on google today. Really. Of course we all know it's just spin.

pacelli
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM

The media treats Ron like dirt. The GOP in NH stood up for Ron and removed their endorsement of the Faux Fox Forum because of paul's exclusion.
This could be a positive sign.

pacelli
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Have you noticed all the good news coming out of Iraq lately? I counted no less than 6 articles on google today. Really. Of course we all know it's just spin.

I know, what a great time to bring our troops home, right?

cheese
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
WOAH!!! THis is awesome to hear! MY GOD! My party is coming back to reality!

susano
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Thank you for that correction. I am so used to voting third party that's it's practically a foregone conclusion. OF COURSE, I would write in Ron Paul.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Note to self... say "shat upon" in casual conversation this week.

LOL! It sounds so civil that you could say it to your grandma.

Libertytree
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
My perception......

The repubs and the dems are the same wolves in sheeps clothing, the same evil but with a different facade.

Ron Paul is THE ONLY vote to make, even if it is only written.

The GOP upper management is a strong arm and and a MAJOR player in our current situation and needs to be taken out ASAP. We are capable of this within our movement, until then they are not to be trusted, period.

We are a force and we are growing, they know this maybe even more than "we" realize. They know we are vocal, diverse, pro-active, reactive and resourceful and they should be worried.

Many of you feel as I do.....This may very well be our last election and our last chance to save that we all so very much love and revere. It is better to try and reverse the chaos peaceably now than through the blood, sweat and lives that it will cost us in the future, if we are not already too late.

If we ALL swing 1 vote a day to Ron Paul then collectively we are an awesome force...multiply that by the people you enlighten X the people they enlighten etc...etc... and soon we cannot be dismissed, overlooked or ridiculed. For we are the people and for the time being we still have a voice.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Really, I think we should all write to our STATE GOP and tell it to them, just as articulately and politely as it's being expressed here.

762x54r
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM

That is exactly what I will do.

susano
01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
There are something like 88,000 Meetup members. Imagine if they all wrote a letter to their state GOP chairman. If it comes down to a brokered convention, don't you think that would have a huge impact?

Sesshomaru
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the GOP will lose if they elect a pro-war candidate because the Dem turnout and money is massive.

BUT if they elect Ron Paul and put their resources behind him, his anti-war stance will resonate with 70% of the people. No Dem can now back track because they now committed themselves to the war in some form or fashion. I firmly believe that Ron Paul can win if hes nominated.

Also, I think this revolution is about ideas AND making Paul president. Consider this, I would not want Paul to do awesome stuff and then, at the end of his 2nd term, have the party nominate someone who only pays lip service to the message and fucks everything up. So voting in candidates who truly believe in the message will be critical.

Ernest
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
If the GOP really has "seen the light" then not only will they have to embrace Ron Paul but almost every one if not all of them need to vacate and we will put new people in.

I don't trust the GOP. The tyrants showed themselves real well over the summer and have been stepping all over "conservatism" and "traditionalism" for years. The GOP gets remade or we do something else.

pacelli
This has nothing with moving towards actual conservative/libertarian values. It has to do with using Ron Paul talking points to win elections. Basically, how do we get a Guiliani or Thompson to sound enough like Ron Paul that we can swing some of his voters and not lose the general in a landslide. I don't see how this is a good thing. It's not like they're going to embrace the real deal.

Ah ha.

RlxdN10sity
They will adopt his positions as if they were their own original thoughts. Then do what they have been saying from the beginning plus some. None of the candidates can be trusted except Ron Paul. How will these pro-war, pro-globalist candidates be able to switch without looking like super flip-floppers?

cswake
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
^^ They'll give Sanford permission to endorse Paul. That would guarantee a big win there.

Libertytree
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Sess, I agree with you 1000%.

It IS the idea's and we have to put people in the inside that will address the major grievances we espouse. They will pretend to do it for us but we cannot accept that, it has to be "us", regular folk.

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
There are something like 88,000 Meetup members. Imagine if they all wrote a letter to their state GOP chairman. If it comes down to a brokered convention, don't you think that would have a huge impact?

Let's do it! Everyone tell your MeetUps and give them a link to this thread. If we don't say anything, they'll be able to tell themselves we don't care so much, or matter so much, after all.

Ron Paul Fan
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Is that it?

I haven't seen RP not being able to respond to these critiques with reasonableness and consistency. People will realize that these critiques are flakes.

I can't see Republicans voting democratic unless the dem nominee is well worth it and Hillary is really not worth it. Republicans remember B Clinton in the WH and will do everything to prevent another Clinton in the WH.

If he had been able to respond to these critiques in a better manner, he might have finished higher than 5th in NH and Iowa and would be higher in the polls in other states. If you haven't noticed, Paul's speaking abilitites leave a lot to be desired. You can't just assume that the Democrats would vote for Paul based soley on his positions on the war, Patriot Act, and federal drug war alone, totally ignoring social issues, economic issues, and past positions of dismantling every social program created by FDR, LBJ, and Bill Clinton. And then at the same time say that the Republicans would magically come together behind a Ron Paul nominee and totally ignore his positions on the war, Patriot Act, federal drug war, and other national security issues. The Republicans will lose in the general election no matter who their nominee is because of Bush, Iraq, and the economy, not Ron Paul.

quickmike
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I say screw the republican party.

I backed them too many times in the past by voting for a candidate that promised vetos to big govt spending and ended up with just another president that goes along with all the increases. Now, here we are all these years later and we FINALLY have a guy running that actually has lived what he preaches for over 30 years and what do they do? They blow him off as a "gadfly" candidate. As far as im concerned they can go down in flames to the socialist democrats next november. If they really want to show that they are TRULY for smaller government, they would be backing Ron Paul. The fact that they are not doing this clearly shows that they are nothing but talk.

For me, its Ron Paul or nothing this year. They need to be shown that if they nominate another RINO, they will go down in flames. This needs to be the message that they hear loud and clear.

RockEnds
01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Just a reminder how much the shape of the election has changed in less than a year:

http://news-releases.uiowa.edu/2007/april/040307poll.html

The political process doesn't end with precinct caucuses and primary elections, either. We're in the party. We're speaking with others in the party. We're identifying those within the party who are also interested in small government and greater local control. We're planning platform reform. We're looking for local candidates. We're here, and we're not going away any time soon.

Ralph O'Brien
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Cold day in HELL before I vote for Custer(reincarnated Mc Cain) and Huckster is just a lying Elmer Gantry! Let the REVOLUTION continue. I e-mailed RNC many times and suggest others do as well.

r

AlbemarleNC0003
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM

I've already written all of my county and state GOP officials. I haven't heard a word back. It's been over a week.

susano
01-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Here's a link to the Meetups: http://www.meetup.com/cities/

You have to click on a state, then the cities with Meetups come up. Then you have to click on each city, scroll down to the Ron Paul Meetups, and click on those. On each one is an organizer and a "contact" to click one. Each one needs to emailed and asked to do this. I don't there is any way to mass email through Meetup. If there is someone correct me.

Just a short note, with a title like: Urgent: Contact your state GOP Chairman, with a link to this thread.

I can do my state, Michigan, when I get home tomorrow night. Now, 49 people need to step up for the others.

Perhaps people can post what state they are taking, right here.

susano
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
They need to be shown that if they nominate another RINO, they will go down in flames. This needs to be the message that they hear loud and clear.

That is exactly the message that 88,000 Meetup members need to send to their state GOP chair.

CountryRoads
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Until the Republican party stands for universal liberties and rights and a non interventionist policy, I won't be voting for their candidate (unless its Ron Paul). I've had enough of their costly wars (war on drugs, iraq, bases everywhere etc). Same with democrats for that matter.

RSLudlum
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
This actually came up in a conversation with my father a couple of days ago. He said that he was scared that so many of us would not even vote in the general election for the republican nomination and that the dems would win. But he did say thanks to us, returning to some main republican values didn't seem so much like a pipedream anymore and never thought that someone like Paul with so little face time exposure could make such an impact in the race both Repub/Dem and bring the arguement back that small gov't can be achieved!

susano
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Just a reminder how much the shape of the election has changed in less than a year:

http://news-releases.uiowa.edu/2007/april/040307poll.html

The political process doesn't end with precinct caucuses and primary elections, either. We're in the party. We're speaking with others in the party. We're identifying those within the party who are also interested in small government and greater local control. We're planning platform reform. We're looking for local candidates. We're here, and we're not going away any time soon.

That's right! It could come to a brokered convention. Each state GOP chair is going to have those emails and letters from Meetup members on their mind. We need to act just like any other power base would - JUST DO IT.

susano
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Here's a link to the Meetups: http://www.meetup.com/cities/

You have to click on a state, then the cities with Meetups come up. Then you have to click on each city, scroll down to the Ron Paul Meetups, and click on those. On each one is an organizer and a "contact" to click one. Each one needs to emailed and asked to do this. I don't there is any way to mass email through Meetup. If there is someone correct me.

Just a short note, with a title like: Urgent: Contact your state GOP Chairman, with a link to this thread.

I can do my state, Michigan, when I get home tomorrow night. Now, 49 people need to step up for the others.

Perhaps people can post what state they are taking, right here.

I'll email all Michiagn Meetups with this request.

Somebody, ANYBODY, pick a state and say you'll do it.

michaelwise
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
My God parents family were were chairman of the Republican party of Philadelphia for a very long time. I have always been a registered Republican my whole life. Although I have never been actively involved in politics myself until this campaign, I thought to myself today, I should become an active member of the party and shake things up a bit. I've always believed in core Republican values but have since lost all hope for my party until now. It may take decades to get the party back on track but what the heck, we've got to have a new start some time.

susano
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
bump

Iwantchange
01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I hope so!

thomj76
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
I was at the Red, White, and Blue (largest annual Republican fundraiser) dinner last Friday night. I proudly jacket pinned my RP 08 button. I had nothing but praise from people telling me they liked Ron and I had balls to come out and publicly show it.

I only read up to this post before I was compelled to add in here. If this is about reorienting the Republican party to its core values, then person by person, we must demonstrate that we value those core beliefs as well. If one comports themselves in a respectful, intelligent and balanced manner, it allows others to see the logical reasons to support the US Constitution and the manner of government that it is supposed to allow.

If you go off all half-cocked and angry and can not relay your positions logically, then how exactly is this movement supposed to work. All of us were at one time or another in Plato's cave so to speak, and in my opinion, we must remember how it felt to be in there for those that still remain, in order to offer them the chance to break their chains.

Iwantchange
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Actually, it would be very smart of the republicans to do. I think they know for a fact that they would lose to the Democrats with any other candidate and on top of that, people would look down at the republicans for a very long time. So if republicans were smart they would push Ron Paul and a reformation of the republican party.

exer51
01-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Actually, it would be very smart of the republicans to do. I think they know for a fact that they would lose to the Democrats with any other candidate and on top of that, people would look down at the republicans for a very long time. So if republicans were smart they would push Ron Paul and a reformation of the republican party.

The top brass probably doesn't WANT to win. Hillary basically IS a neocon. Since she's a Dem they'll be able to get her in easy. They don't want small government, or liberty or anything else RP stands for. They'll throw this one and then come enough back to the conservative side to win after everyone hates the dems 8 years from now.

THAT IS if RP doesn't win despite them!

the_bee
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM

Be very careful this could be a trick to get our support and use it to get a different candidate elected other than Ron Paul treed with caution…..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryvin1
01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
The people following the other repub candidates will follow ron paul if he got the nomination because they won't vote democratic, but the Ron Paul voters will leave if someone else is nominated. Without everyone currently voting for the republican party nomination they don't stand a chance against the democrats.

mad212
01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Murdoch is a Democrat, supporting Hillary Clinton.

he is a republican, and hence why Fox news leans republican in every thing they do. Watch outfoxed

jj111
01-14-2008, 12:14 AM
If Ron Paul does not win the nomination, there are only 3 logical alternatives for me:
1) Write in Ron Paul's name
2) Don't vote
3) Vote for the Libertarian Party candidate.

I would probably do #3 myself.

The Lantern
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM

I, too, have been speaking to a few party insiders. I have been getting basically the same information. What to do about Ron Paul? What is interesting is that in several areas of the country the Republican Party is on the verge of being taken over by Ron Paul supporters. If you get enough Ron Paul supporters taking over County Republican Committees, then you can effectively take over the State Organization. If you take over enough State Organizations, you change the makeup of the Republican National Committee. They fear a changing of the guard.

If you truly want to help Ron Paul, get involved and become a member of your local Republican organization. It is very easy to do, and if we all do it, the Republican party is ours!

michaelwise
01-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I, too, have been speaking to a few party insiders. I have been getting basically the same information. What to do about Ron Paul? What is interesting is that in several areas of the country the Republican Party is on the verge of being taken over by Ron Paul supporters. If you get enough Ron Paul supporters taking over County Republican Committees, then you can effectively take over the State Organization. If you take over enough State Organizations, you change the makeup of the Republican National Committee. They fear a changing of the guard.

If you truly want to help Ron Paul, get involved and become a member of your local Republican organization. It is very easy to do, and if we all do it, the Republican party is ours!Amen Brother.

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
, Biatch...

xd9fan
01-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Concessions must be made to the Ron Paul Republicans if the party is to thrive. They said they know the party will lose in the general election to the Democrats without Ron Paul supporters and irreparable damage to the party could last for decades.

Like we can be "bought"

Concessions.....as far as I am concerned, real conservatives have been pasicifed by concessions for far to long. I'm not going to carry the Christian Rights water anymore. I'm not going to carry the Moderate (RINO-ProGovt types) water anymore.

This party either believes in limited Govt or it needs to die on the vine.:mad:

nbhadja
01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
If they don't back Ron Paul then they are lying........they are lying!
F*#@ them, if they don't back Paul let them lose the election and die!

Ninja Homer
01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm wondering if they are looking at Ron Paul's supporters and saying that they need them to win the election, or are they saying they need them to save their party? The good thing is, they are starting to realize they need Ron Paul's supporters for either.

I have my doubts about them doing anything to help Ron Paul become President, but I wouldn't doubt they try to get him to be VP. I don't recall hearing... has Ron Paul ever said if he'd take a VP spot under one of the other GOP candidates?

If the GOP doesn't do something quickly, they will shrink even more rapidly, and we'll probably have a huge expansion of 3rd parties.

Eric21ND
01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Good point. Yet, it's risky because a lot of people are brainwashed into this 2 party system that they won't risk voting 3rd party
That's true people are brainwashed about the 2 party system, but if I had a dollar everytime someone told me they'd vote for Paul if he made it on the ballot come November...you know what I mean :D

I think A LOT of people would vote for Paul they just aren't as hardcore as all of us on here and don't pay close attention during primary season.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-14-2008, 12:59 AM
If they don't back Ron Paul then they are lying........they are lying!
F*#@ them, if they don't back Paul let them lose the election and die!

They can't. It would require a 100% flip on the war. And as we all know, Reagan was a strong advocate for the strike first policy. I hear more people 40 years and older misrepresent Reagan's positions than they do Ron Paul's. They should know better.

WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR

It's the only thing keeping much of the GOP from becoming Democrats. :mad:

gerryb
01-14-2008, 01:00 AM
he is a republican, and hence why Fox news leans republican in every thing they do. Watch outfoxed

You're wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

On May 8, 2006, the Financial Times[5] reported that Murdoch would be hosting a fundraiser for Senator Hillary Clinton's (D-New York) Senate reelection campaign. Murdoch's New York Post newspaper opposed Clinton's Senate run in 2000.

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Eh, I think they are realizing this could be a fatal move in the long run. They are getting scared, also they invited RP to their big fund raiser this past fall. So, I think they want to keep their party together. We'll see what happens.

abers076
01-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Wow, great thread guys, it all means we are doing the right thing, and have the right message. As a lifelong dem, I have been wondering when the GOP would get back to what made it great in the first place, and Ron Paul's message was so powerful that it converted me straight up. Here's to changing the future, and taking back this country, all is not lost, not by a long shot. Viva la Revolucion!:)

fj45lvr
01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
The GOP is up sh*t creek without a paddle. And I've been a GOP member my whole life.

I don't trust the leadership at all and the Democratic party is 10x worse.

The only way that the GOP could turn around is if they repent and have a genuine "conversion" away from BIG GOV and the politics of fear to Liberty, limited government and SANITY in foreign policy. (probably about the same time Pigs are gonna fly as I don't see the GOP demagogues as being the type to "eat crow" anytime soon. They have made their bed and they are going to lie in it.

the James Dobson's of the GOP aren't real satisfied either and we should see some head rolling....

Become a recovering "republican" within the Constitution Party.

exer51
01-14-2008, 01:12 AM
At best I think they'll play the game they've been playing for eons and pay lip service to all of Pauls positions, but not follow through. I don't know if it'll work anymore though after everyone has seen the real deal.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 01:31 AM
If Ron Paul does not win the nomination, there are only 3 logical alternatives for me:
1) Write in Ron Paul's name
2) Don't vote
3) Vote for the Libertarian Party candidate.

I would probably do #3 myself.

Ron will run independent or third party, so you can vote for him.

all J's in IL for RP
01-14-2008, 01:33 AM
They can't. It would require a 100% flip on the war. And as we all know, Reagan was a strong advocate for the strike first policy. I hear more people 40 years and older misrepresent Reagan's positions than they do Ron Paul's. They should know better.

Can't let that one go. The people running around today promoting first strike as policy broached their ideas in the Reagan and the 1st Bush administrations when they were assistant undersecretaries (state, defense, etc). They were laughed out of their superior's offices, went off and sulked awhile before forming their think tanks. It was only when these "Vulcans" surrounded GWB to "learn him foreign policy" that these ideas got play.

pikerz
01-14-2008, 01:37 AM
could be true.

political parties turn like oil tankers. slowly and deliberately.

im very cynical when it comes to political parties tho, after being lied to so much.

pikerz
01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Can't let that one go. The people running around today promoting first strike as policy broached their ideas in the Reagan and the 1st Bush administrations when they were assistant undersecretaries (state, defense, etc). They were laughed out of their superior's offices, went off and sulked awhile before forming their think tanks. It was only when these "Vulcans" surrounded GWB to "learn him foreign policy" that these ideas got play.

its true.

the neocons were refered to as "the crazies", ie, "did you hear what the crazies are pushing today???"

exer51
01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
its true.

the neocons were refered to as "the crazies", ie, "did you hear what the crazies are pushing today???"

I LOLed when i found that out awhile back.

WELL since they've allowed one group of "crazies" to take over the party, maybe it's time to give another coupe of "crazies" a chance huh :)

LandonCook
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey, if we know they are scared, why not use this?!?!

We need a website pledging to switch to the libertarian party with hundreds of thousands of pledges if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Sort of a... Nomination or else kind of thing...

Shink
01-14-2008, 02:26 AM

You are one of my best friends.:D Lol!

Marc3579
01-14-2008, 02:28 AM
We have enough tech-savvy folks here. Someone want to create a domain and page for that? I'll pass the word to the people I know, and hopefully they'd pass the word on. Look at how fast wexlerwantshearings.com caught on....

Malakai0
01-14-2008, 02:53 AM
That would be awesome. As long as the GOP knows they need to start backing RP for congress and other offices he pursues if they want us.

If they can get some other principled candidates running, they might have a real party again. How about that!

Revolution!

mad212
01-14-2008, 03:14 AM

United States of America

In the US he has been a long-time supporter of the Republican Party and was a friend of Ronald Reagan. Regarding Pat Robertson's 1988 presidential bid, he said, "He's right on all the issues." Many Christian conservatives were dismayed when Robertson sold his television network to Murdoch. Murdoch's papers strongly supported George W. Bush in both the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections.

from your own wiki link.

emk
01-14-2008, 06:43 AM

YES!!!!!!!

FreeTraveler
01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
What is interesting is that in several areas of the country the Republican Party is on the verge of being taken over by Ron Paul supporters.

What specific areas are seeing the greatest RP activism? We're mobile, looking for an eventual new home town, and this would be nice information to have.

Myerz
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I personally have said that at this point I can't tell the differnce between the Republicans or the Democrats, other than Ron of coarse. But if the GOP are not going to back Ron, then I guess one way to say F-You to the GOP is to not vote at all and let the Democrats win.

And, that is what they are worried about.....

robert4rp08
01-14-2008, 07:42 AM

hahaha classic

speciallyblend
01-14-2008, 07:45 AM
there only choice is RON PAUL as the NOMINEE, or they can kiss our votes goodbye anything less is a joke.

RON PAUL FOR THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION,or its just hillary vs hillary republicans.

They better get it quick,or they can discuss losing plans.

slamhead
01-14-2008, 07:48 AM
All this means is the other candidates are going to start using Dr. Paul's positions other than the war as talking points. You will start hearing them mention the department of education, the federal reserve, etc. They will promise, but it will never happen. After the primaries, if Ron Paul is not there you will hear the candidate start talking about this issue. What they don't realize is people like me are not going to vote for anyone except Dr. Paul. I will even do a write in if I have to. I would also drop my republican registration status after the primary to send a message.

Edu
01-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Looks like they will have to meet with Flipper!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w311/mkhammer/mitt.jpg

frasu
01-14-2008, 08:05 AM
bump

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 08:11 AM

OMG! LMAO!! That's freakin funny!!!

mosquitobite
01-14-2008, 08:16 AM
All this means is you're going to her more anti-tax, "change" oriented rhetoric from the others GOP candidates.

Yup. Expect to hear ALL the "top tier" :rolleyes: espousing tax cuts and spending restraint. Too bad they've been SAYING that for years. Talk is cheap ya'll.

Ron Paul is the only money bet :D

freelance
01-14-2008, 08:23 AM

Maybe the Republican party should have thought about this while there was still something left of our Constitution to protect. As it is, these are the monsters that enabled the Congress to rubberstamp Bush during his first term by pushing those heinous candidates and their equally heinous platform. These are the monsters that supported the destruction of our rights. These are the monsters who have spawned the corporatocracy and supported this outrageous war on terror--a war on the American people.

The platform means nothing. It's a bunch of drivel to shut us up and allow the rest of the candidates a cover for stealing Ron Paul's talking points. Look what Bush campaigned on. Look what he's done. Do they resemble each other? No. This is simply a come to Jesus meeting to get their lies straight now that they acknowledge that we've educated enough of the voting public that we've reached their (the GOP's) threshold of tolerance for this sort of thing. (Sorry about the run-on sentence.)

FreeTraveler
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I personally have said that at this point I can't tell the differnce between the Republicans or the Democrats, other than Ron of coarse. But if the GOP are not going to back Ron, then I guess one way to say F-You to the GOP is to not vote at all and let the Democrats win.

And, that is what they are worried about.....

I've started a thread to see if we can get RonPaulOrElse.com started. A warning to the GOP is something WE can do that Dr. Paul can't.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89296

Mandrik
01-14-2008, 08:31 AM
They are going to have to fix many, many years of bad leadership before I trust anyone without a track record similar to RP's.

hocaltar
01-14-2008, 08:32 AM

I can't believe I agree with this.

freelance
01-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Because a vote for evil is a vote for evil, even if it a lesser!

beobeli
01-14-2008, 08:39 AM
They are going to have to fix many, many years of bad leadership before I trust anyone without a track record similar to RP's.

Yep... How else is GOP going to keep us to support any of the other candidates who are so transparent "tap dancers" and "flip floppers". We cannot be manipulated. The only winning proposition for GOP is for the rest of GOP candidates to withdraw and endorse Ron Paul.

traitorist
01-14-2008, 08:39 AM

translated: deflect the surge of Ron Pauls' campaign, then steal Ron Paul's positions, apply them to their pick for president, get their candidate into office, and then continue onwards with business as usual.

freelance
01-14-2008, 08:40 AM
translated: deflect the surge of Ron Pauls' campaign, then steal Ron Paul's positions, apply them to their pick for president, get their candidate into office, and then continue onwards with business as usual.

Yep, that sounds like the entire substance of the agenda.

DontFret
01-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't believe a word of this. No reflection on the thread-starter, but if these things were actually said then they are a smoke screen to get the votes of RP supporters later.

Look at the terrible damage the GOP (alongside the Dems) has done to this country and to the average American. The Fed, the mortgage crisis, the continued devaluation of the dollar, the war, the deaths and suffering of our military men/women and their families, the pork, etc.

And worst of all, and most recent of all (this should be very telling in the recency effect) is the absolute burying of American democracy through the silencing of Ron Paul's message. If you don't believe the national GOP had/has something significant to do with this then I don't know what to say to you.

I agree with the poster who wrote about the visibility of Ron Paul's message. Until the GOP first PROVES they will no longer subvert democracy by burying Ron Paul's message of Constitutionalism and commensurately pretending his supporters don't exist by refusing to allow his message to even be heard by the sheeple... THEY WILL NEVER GET MY VOTE BACK. NEVER...

Their behavior has been nothing short of disgusting as they overtly attempt to silence RP and subvert our democracy. The national GOP leadership should be absolutely ashamed, every single man and woman amongst them. I don't use the term lightly, but they are all truly closer to traitors than they are those worthy of even a shred of respect.

Frankly, the only ones in the national GOP who *might* actually even care are those whose jobs are directly (and solely) affiliated with the party itself, and not the larger government infrastructure. They probably believe that their attention to the 'party' actually matters somehow when all that really matters are the policies engaged in by the globalists. To the extent these party afficianados really believe the party itself is so important I think they are kidding themselves. They are puppets, themselves, in this context...

itshappening
01-14-2008, 08:52 AM
The GOP faces a generation in the wilderness so they better wake up soon, my thinking is this will be a catalyst

torchbearer
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM

It took a few pages, but we now have a thread winner! awarded 23 internets!
QFT.

JenaS62
01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
The other candidates are simply giving lip service to Ron Paul's ideas. I suspect that none of them have the intention or the balls to actually stand behind this lip service.

charlesn12
01-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Trust me...the top brass of the GOP(Grand Old Poop) are not in favor of what Ron Paul Stands for...I know some of these folks and they are the pure definition of what a NEOCON is!

Charlesn12 :rolleyes:

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want
is also big enough to take away everything you have."
- Davy Crockett, Tennessee Congressman & Texas Soldrier

I don't believe a word of this. No reflection on the thread-starter, but if these things were actually said then they are a smoke screen to get the votes of RP supporters later.

Look at the terrible damage the GOP (alongside the Dems) has done to this country and to the average American. The Fed, the mortgage crisis, the continued devaluation of the dollar, the war, the deaths and suffering of our military men/women and their families, the pork, etc.

And worst of all, and most recent of all (this should be very telling in the recency effect) is the absolute burying of American democracy through the silencing of Ron Paul's message. If you don't believe the national GOP had/has something significant to do with this then I don't know what to say to you.

I agree with the poster who wrote about the visibility of Ron Paul's message. Until the GOP first PROVES they will no longer subvert democracy by burying Ron Paul's message of Constitutionalism and commensurately pretending his supporters don't exist by refusing to allow his message to even be heard by the sheeple... THEY WILL NEVER GET MY VOTE BACK. NEVER...

Their behavior has been nothing short of disgusting as they overtly attempt to silence RP and subvert our democracy. The national GOP leadership should be absolutely ashamed, every single man and woman amongst them...

Frankly, the only ones in the national GOP who *might* actually even care are those who jobs are directly (and solely) affiliated with the party itself, and not the larger government infrastructure. They probably believe that their attention to the 'party' actually matters somehow when all that really matters are the policies engaged in by the globablists. To the extent these party afficianados really believe the party itself is so important I think they are kidding themselves. They are puppets, themselves, in this context...

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Remember folks, even should Ron Paul lose this race but return to Congress, he could be the most powerful Congressman on the Hill if we keep our support behind him. Never forget this. Never give up. This is just the beginning.

QFT. Imagine an email being sent out from Ron Paul to his legions of supporters telling us all to call our congressman and demand that they vote no on a particular bill because of its unconstitutionality.

Hurricane Bruiser
01-14-2008, 09:13 AM

The problem with that analysis is that they have been using talking points for awhile that sound good but their actions betray the talking points. I think smart voters see past the talking points after awhile and look at the record. That is why many voters now view the GOP as big spenders.

I can certainly forgive the GOP if Paul is not nominated. After all, a whole pile of people are or have run, and Paul is only one person starting out with no name recognition. But if the GOP moves in a more libertarian direction, then I'll vote that way. There are many in the GOP that like Paul's positions on domestic issues but feel his foreign policy ideas are too radical and simply don't trust him on that big issue and that hurts him alot. Many voters also vote based on charisma and personality, traits that Paul isn't the most polished in, even though I find him very appealing.

charlesn12
01-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Case in point > Notice in one of the latest debates Mike Huckster - the Huckabee - want a bee but can't a bee like Ron Paul...when he stated that he supports states rights......I laughed my head off after he stated that !

charlesn12 :D

The problem with that analysis is that they have been using talking points for awhile that sound good but their actions betray the talking points. I think smart voters see past the talking points after awhile and look at the record. That is why many voters now view the GOP as big spenders.

I can certainly forgive the GOP if Paul is not nominated. After all, a whole pile of people are or have run, and Paul is only one person starting out with no name recognition. But if the GOP moves in a more libertarian direction, then I'll vote that way. There are many in the GOP that like Paul's positions on domestic issues but feel his foreign policy ideas are too radical and simply don't trust him on that big issue and that hurts him alot. Many voters also vote based on charisma and personality, traits that Paul isn't the most polished in, even though I find him very appealing.

steph3n
01-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Sorry but I won't go LP, bunch of in-fighting backstabbers just as bad or worse than the GOP.

Pete
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Yep... How else is GOP going to keep us to support any of the other candidates who are so transparent "tap dancers" and "flip floppers". We cannot be manipulated. The only winning proposition for GOP is for the rest of GOP candidates to withdraw and endorse Ron Paul.

QFT

For good measure, they can renounce the CFR and, more particularly, the AEI for being seditious organizations that seek to undermine the Constitution and the sovereignty of the United States.

RonPaulMania
01-14-2008, 09:24 AM

That makes no sense. The Dems want war, pre-K funding for edu, bigger taxes, $5,000 per child at birth, and gov't paid health care.

That will cost more than any war. Think before you post. There is not one dem I would vote for before any Repub, and I would write in Ron Paul before any of them.

MN Patriot
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Wake up. Do you REALLY thing the top Republicans have any intention of returning to core conservative roots?

Hell, no. All they are concerned with doing is trying to make it look like they are returning to core conservative roots and placate the Ron Paul supporters.

When Ron fails to get the Republican nomination, he needs to run as a Libertarian. Get a Libertarian running in every congressional district with him. Run the campaign with the intention of growing the party, so that in 2, 4 , 6 years we can have enough Libertarians in office to change things.

If it destroys the Republican Party, so be it. Then we will have the socialists and neo-cons represented by the Democrats, and the freedom lovers in the Libertarian Party.

charlesn12
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Gee another case in point > Remember the November Election of 2006 when America voted Dems over GOP for many reasons including the possible impeachment of Bush/Cheny and Illegal Immigration issues, etc...?

Here it is in 2008 > SOSO < no difference with Dems, except we are now in worse shape then with the GOP, but the GOP were not helping either.

Ron Paul is the only Constitutional candidate we have.

That makes no sense. The Dems want war, pre-K funding for edu, bigger taxes, $5,000 per child at birth, and gov't paid health care.

That will cost more than any war. Think before you post. There is not one dem I would vote for before any Repub, and I would write in Ron Paul before any of them.

Pauliana
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I hope this is true, but we have to stay involved and hold their feet to the fire. We have to keep them accountable.

Minuteman2008
01-14-2008, 09:48 AM

I was saying that same thing in 2004, hoping like hell that Kerry would get the nod so that the GOP could begin to reform itself (by purging the cakewalk crowd neoconservatives) and have a chance in the 2008 election. But no, instead we got four more years of Bush and the death of the Reagan coalition. It has been fun watching the GOP's march to oblivion, but four years of Hillary or Obama isn't going to be an improvement over the last eight.

ecliptic
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
translated: deflect the surge of Ron Pauls' campaign, then steal Ron Paul's positions, apply them to their pick for president, get their candidate into office, and then continue onwards with business as usual.It took a few pages, but we now have a thread winner! awarded 23 internets!
QFT.

dingdingdingdingding!!!!!!! 23 Internets and the deluxe Red Pill package + a pair of sunglasses from "They Live (http://imdb.com/title/tt0096256/)"

Stepping back further we find a crowded field by design on both Democratic and Republican tickets {much easier to hide planned vote fraud and other manipulations} and all but two or three candidates espousing slightly different versions of the same establishment tripe. But The People of this country are quickly waking up and it's dawning on them that a larger hidden hand runs both parties for a globalist agenda. Panicking at the possibility of enough sheeple waking up to become endemic the globalists can no longer fall back on old favorites like false flag "terrorism" because so many are wise to them and watching for this. Even planting division is losing it's effectiveness as the rloveution becomes more determined and oddly cohesive. What scares them the most is the critical mass of people waking up - a point we are about to reach - and realizing the power we all have within us to stomp out traitorous globalists and secret society types lurking in all three branches of government, restore the Constitution, and return individual sovereignty to all people of America.

We . . . . are . . . . . legion.

dshields
01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
This is absolutely bizarre. This is like going back to that bad girlfriend/boyfriend after you have been burned several times before. Simply stated, self respects demands you move on.

Having been a life long Republican, the GOP is something I will never go back to.

Dave

exer51
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I agree that someone needs to get up a site that people can sign up on THAT WILL NOT vote Republican unless it is Ron Paul. If we did that and got all our supporters to sign up it might get some media and wake up lower level GOP folks to the fact that they WILL lose without him. If the lower level guys wake up that's more important than the top brass in many ways.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
This is absolutely bizarre. This is like going back to that bad girlfriend/boyfriend after you have been burned several times before. Simply stated, self respects demands you move on.

Having been a life long Republican, the GOP is something I will never go back to.

Dave

Right on.

jenninlouisiana
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
That and they know it is going to be a brokered convention.

Ron Paul's MESSAGE is so very important.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I have no doubt that the GOP doesn't want to lose the general election, but paying lipservice to Dr. Paul's platform isn't going to cut it. There's no way that, by hijacking our message and discrediting our messenger, the GOP is going to persuade any serious RP supporter that they are repentant. If the RNC wants to convince RP supporters that they are sincere about wanting to stop being socialist traitors to the American Revolution, then they can start by.......I don't know......NOMINATING DR. PAUL! Short of that, they can bite me.

jenninlouisiana
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
That's true. Ron Paul nomination or bust......

BlutStein
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll be impressed by their desire to rebuild the GOP when the rest of the lot running drop out and endorse Ron Paul at the same time and same press release.

"Oh holy crap...we've all been talking for months trying to get elected and we finally sat down and looked at his web page. We're not worthy and so we are out and supporting Ron Paul for President.

Now the race is to figure out who gets to be VP!"

FreeTraveler
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
I agree that someone needs to get up a site that people can sign up on THAT WILL NOT vote Republican unless it is Ron Paul. If we did that and got all our supporters to sign up it might get some media and wake up lower level GOP folks to the fact that they WILL lose without him. If the lower level guys wake up that's more important than the top brass in many ways.

Let's make it happen!

GodOfThunder
01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Either Ron Paul gets the nomination or the Democrats will win. That's how it's going to work out and it's great.

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, I hope he runs third-party. If not, I'm writing him in.

RevolutionSD
01-14-2008, 10:49 AM

This is exactly what I expected to happen at some point.
With out our 8-15% of the vote, they will lose for sure in November. They NEED us. We are WINNING!

quickmike
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
All your votes are belong to us!!!!!

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM

I'm a little late on this thread, but if what you say is true, they certainly aren't going to let Ron Paul be the one to take the credit and get the advancements in power.

Most likely, they will have establishment Republicans carry that message, while they continue to shut out RP. This way, they'll still have establishment-obedient people in positions to get what the establishment wants along the way.

I might start buying into this if I see some more republicans talking about abolishing some of the cabinet departments.

Stealth4
01-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exer51

Let's make it happen!

Thats not going to do shit - threatening the GOP will just turn them against us. How often have you threatened people and then got them to gladly, happily do what you want?

That wont work and its a waste of time.

shane2
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
The only way I'd ever vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is if RP accepted the VP nominee position and the Presidential nominee after winning then took a strong liking to go off hang-gliding every weekend.

- Shane

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Quote:

Let's make it happen!

Thats not going to do shit - threatening the GOP will just turn them against us. How often have you threatened people and then got them to gladly, happily do what you want?

I like this idea!

This is your idea, will you post an official thread for it? I would, but I wouldn't want to steal your thunder.

Revolution9
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM

Murdock is a power monger. He is not like you or me. This clown has a huge black serpent swallowing a human as a statue on his front lawn. He cares about devouring..not political party loyalties.. Get a grip folks.

Randy

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry, didn't catch the link to your thread.

freelance
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I'll be impressed by their desire to rebuild the GOP when the rest of the lot running drop out and endorse Ron Paul at the same time and same press release.

"Oh holy crap...we've all been talking for months trying to get elected and we finally sat down and looked at his web page. We're not worthy and so we are out and supporting Ron Paul for President.

Now the race is to figure out who gets to be VP!"

From your lips to God's ear! :D

Revolution9
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Ron will run independent or third party, so you can vote for him.

Why don't you just pipe down with the third party shit. You are absolutely, unequivocally and utterly redundant to the point of maximum recursion. You will degenerate into a Bose Einstein condensate if you push the envelope any more.

HTH
Randy

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
if what you say is true, they certainly aren't going to let Ron Paul be the one to take the credit and get the advancements in power.

Most likely, they will have establishment Republicans carry that message, while they continue to shut out RP.

I might start buying into this if I see some more republicans talking about abolishing some of the cabinet departments.

Don't buy into anything. If other candidates suddenly start paying lipservice to Dr. Paul's campaign positions, why would you assume they were sincere? It's just electioneering. Yes, they all want RP's voters, but they don't really want his issues. They'll pay lipservice, if they believe it will get them elected, but they are no more sincere than Bush in 2000, when he campaigned against interventionism, policing the world, and nation building. Don't be gullible. It's a Ron Paul nomination, or a Democratic general election victory - period.

mconder
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM

What this means? Even if Ron Paul looses, we won.

freelance
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Quote:

Let's make it happen!

In the end, it doesn't matter how you interact with the GOP. The end result will be the same whether you donate/don't donate, act nice/act like an ass, get involved/don't get involved, stay away/try to infiltrate and take over.

The entire two-party system is a sham and TPTB are not about to let go of their biggest recurring, SRO bread and circus act.

Seanmc30
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
He has been very unabashed in his take over of Ron Paul's campaign positions. I would love to see the Republican Party make a large move back to it's Conservative traditions, it is on par with getting Ron Paul elected as President.

With that said, it's just so hard to trust most of those liars.

Thats what I fear. I dont want to see Huckabee all of a sudden switch platforms and start mirroring RP. They were RP's ideas to begin with, and he has the unwaivering record to ensure they will be carried out. Remember, Bush promised a humble foreign policy and fiscal responsibility too....and look where we are.

I just hope, if a Republican can be elected, they will not pull another fast one 9 months in and dig us further into debt and war. This country will not survive another Neo-Conservative reign.

mconder
01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
They'll pay lipservice, if they believe it will get them elected, but they are no more sincere than Bush in 2000

This is most certainly true. The only way to insure someone isn't pawning us is to study their record in detail.

jason43
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM

The problem is that Huckabee is just softening his message because he knows that running as another GWBush is political suicide. None of the other "front runners" seem to have gotten the message.

Even if the Republican Party still believes in the war, it is not going to motivate people to go out to vote like the Democrats are going to be motivated to end it. Plus the declining economy is going to be blamed on Bush by then.

Either way, its a perfect time for the neo-cons to get the boot.

Without Ron wining the nomination, I really hope they get their asses kicked, it would force them to take a look at what they have become. Sellouts to the conservative movement.

shane2
01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
I just hope, if a Republican can be elected, they will not pull another fast one 9 months in and dig us further into debt and war.None of the Republicans or Democrats, other than Paul, regardless of what they say or promise or how Paul-lite they begin to appear, will do anything substantially different but maintain the status quo and the bus aiming over the cliff.

We might impact and gain minor concessions regarding how heavy a foot they will have on the gas pedal, but the direction won't change, nor will gravity as we plunge over the edge even if a few mph slower when we do.

- Shane

shane2
01-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm interested, too, before getting too rigid a plan of attack laid out here, to see what Ron Paul proposes to do if/when the time comes.

He will certainly have maximum leveraging foremost in mind, too, and likely a few tweaks of his own or other considerations we may have missed or overlooked here.

- Shane

john_anderson_ii
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM

I'm thankful for the fact that GOP leadership is considering a change of heart. When it translates into action, I'll be on board.

JMO
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't believe anything the republicans will say, they will have to prove it before I believe them. They lost my confidence in the last 2 months. All the BS the hard core republicans have done has left a sour taste in my mouth, and they can send playmates to my house and I won't vote for Mccain. Mccains snide remarks while laughing and crap eating grin has gotten under my skin the last couple of weeks, I will vote for Hilary before I vote for him.

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 11:59 AM
They'll pay lipservice, if they believe it will get them elected, but they are no more sincere than Bush in 2000

This is most certainly true. The only way to insure someone isn't pawning us is to study their record in detail.

The only way to be certain is to get Dr. Paul the nomination.

idrake
01-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Frankly, I don't care what they say. They're talking about changing there message, not their product. So long as their selling crap, I'm not buying.

Original_Intent
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
The really terrible thing facing us in future elections as this movement goes forward is no one will have Ron Paul's record to run on. People can brand themselves as a Ron Paul Republican, but we still will not know what we have until they are actually in office.

It's easy to say the right thing. We have got to win now while we know we are supporting the real deal.

summjet
01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
They'll say whatever they have to in order to get elected. Then go right back to their neocon policies..................just like Bush!

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Frankly, I don't care what they say. They're talking about changing there message, not their product. So long as their selling crap, I'm not buying.

..their marketing.

me3
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I think the GOP is realizing that the Paul-Block is capable of sending many delegates to the RNC and state conventions, and will have a serious impact on the party platform.

This isn't about endorsing Ron Paul, or not endorsing him.

It's about the level of (for lack of a better term), infiltration, and that the party will need to distinguish themselves from the centrist liberals with more than a war and immigration policy if it wants to survive.

That said, don't expect a major moral gut check on the part of the GOP. As stated, the party today is less concerned with principle, and more with power and influence.

Still, joining and help shape both of the major parties to a more constitutional and traditional platform is an important endeavor.

It's unrealistic to expect endorsements from anyone who doesn't dismiss Dr. Paul outright, or some kind of "granted" legitimacy. The only weight this campaign will have is its ability to get to the ballot box, and win delegates. Media stunts and crazy fundraising ideas, boycotts, and outside issue support, won't help us accomplish our goals.

Votes, delegates, money. That's it. It's all that matters now.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Votes, delegates, money. That's it. It's all that matters now.

Quite concise.

Sematary
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Why? Did the Democrats say they DIDN'T want to stay in Iraq? I don't remember any of them being able to promise that the troops would even be out by the end of 2013

pcosmar
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Why? Did the Democrats say they DIDN'T want to stay in Iraq? I don't remember any of them being able to promise that the troops would even be out by the end of 2013

If Ron Paul is rejected and does not win the Presidency the country is screwed.
At that point it will not matter whether Bad choice"R" or "D" is in, why reward any of them for their failure. Send the GOP a message.

Broadlighter
01-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Read my signature:

michaelwise
01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
We could start a new party and call it "Republican Party 1.0"

cheese
01-14-2008, 06:09 PM
bump

michaelwise
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
How about we call our new party Republican1.0 Party?

susano
01-14-2008, 09:34 PM
bump

AlexMerced
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
we don't need a new party, but a bipartisan organization of sorts is a good idea, something like the Liberty Independence Alliance

http://libertyia.ning.com

DaddyO
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
If RP doesn't get it I will go back to voting for the Libertarian Party but I will stay registered Republican just to mess things up as much as I can in the future.

Texan4RP
01-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I have talked with my wife and she and I have always voted for the republicans but if Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination then we are going to write Ron Pauls name in. I am no longer voting for the lesser of to EVILs!

Then at from that point on I would be Independent and would definitely be looking at the Libertarian or Constitution party. I would also love to entertain the idea of Texas leaving the union and they can have Rick Perry, Kay Baily Hutcheson, and John Cornyn.

Lord Xar
01-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I think they are "leaking" this info so that we get lax and capitulate our momentum in hopes of some type of positive payoff.

IF they were "REALLY" listening, they'd get behind us...

BUT, at least the NH GOP supported us.. there is that....hmm

noztnac
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
The writing on the wall is only going to get bigger!

Xyrus2
01-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I vote for Ron Paul or I vote for NO ONE!

I'll write his name in. He is the only trustworthy candidate.

~X~

RSLudlum
01-14-2008, 11:02 PM

Yes this is true and sparks a question: When did Kusinich announce his run for president and do you think Paul and Kucinich discussed their intentions before actually announcing, pure coincedence or ploy for a movement on both sides?

AlexMerced
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Kucinich always runs, but yeah, only Ron Paul

DrCap
01-14-2008, 11:24 PM
The republican party has been falling apart since Bush 41, I've expected they would find themselves in Bush 43, but obviously they have not.
In Illinois, even former republican strongholds are in shambles, scrambling to hold their seats...
Maybe it's a strategy of theirs to hand all the power (executive, congressional, judicial) to the democrats, and then, after the collapse, they step up to the plate.
It almost seems like they WANT to give up power.
The old guard is retiring from 'public service' as far as I can see.

susano
01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
The people following the other repub candidates will follow ron paul if he got the nomination because they won't vote democratic, but the Ron Paul voters will leave if someone else is nominated. Without everyone currently voting for the republican party nomination they don't stand a chance against the democrats.

VERY GOOD POINT. Paleoconservatives will not vote for anyone but Paul, but nearly all Republicans would vote for RP against a Democrat. Right! Again, as we know, Ron Paul is the ONLY Republican who stands a chance of beating the Socialists.

I'm implore everyone, PLEASE write to your state GOP chair and tell them this.

susano
01-14-2008, 11:39 PM

I've seen Out Foxed. I have also seen the FEC campaign contribution entries. Murdoch is supporting Hillary Clinton. He's made the maximum contributions. Guess that should tell that Hillary is a war monger.

jasonuher
01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
we don't need a new party, but a bipartisan organization of sorts is a good idea, something like the Liberty Independence Alliance

http://libertyia.ning.com

All this talk of bipartisanship going on about how 'the two party system is killing us' is an attempt to further undermine the choices of the American people as the tax-and-spend party merges with the war party to become the tax-and-spend-on-war party.

What we need is not not bipartisanship, but tripartisanship, quadpartisanship, or even, dare I say it? decpartisanship!

The answer is not bringing parties together, it's breaking them apart.

If serious contention on a range of issues rises within the platform of a party, the answer is not to decide at a convention, it's to split into two parties. The political party process has come to a point where they try to be 'everything to everyone' which, while a good strategy for gaining initial customers (cause that's really what we are), is a terrible strategy for keeping them. What people need is choice, not a single party, not two parties, three at minimum, maybe more as the need arises.

susano
01-14-2008, 11:49 PM
I LOLed when i found that out awhile back.

WELL since they've allowed one group of "crazies" to take over the party, maybe it's time to give another coupe of "crazies" a chance huh :)

Yeah, a bunch of crazy constitutionalists! Imagine such a thing in America :D

EVERYONE PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR STATE GOP CHAIR AND TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL. LET THEM KNOW THEY WILL NEVER GET OUR VOTE WITHOUT RON PAUL.

RSLudlum
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I was just at a SCGOP Excom meeting tonight in N.Chas. and they repeatedly brought up the point that we *all* must support the REPUB candidate who ever it is!! Plus also talking about 'grassroots' without singleing out the RP supporters. So yes they do know what the deal is.

Oh and i can't let this go. The spokeswoman for Thompson was going on and on how Fred is against the NAU and immigratin etc... Then after she was done, a RP supporter asked if he was still associated with the CFR and she said "we're not here to debate the speakers". No one asked for a debate, just a yes or no would've been fine!

apc3161
01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
All this talk of bipartisanship going on about how 'the two party system is killing us' is an attempt to further undermine the choices of the American people as the tax-and-spend party merges with the war party to become the tax-and-spend-on-war party.

What we need is not not bipartisanship, but tripartisanship, quadpartisanship, or even, dare I say it? decpartisanship!

The answer is not bringing parties together, it's breaking them apart.

If serious contention on a range of issues rises within the platform of a party, the answer is not to decide at a convention, it's to split into two parties. The political party process has come to a point where they try to be 'everything to everyone' which, while a good strategy for gaining initial customers (cause that's really what we are), is a terrible strategy for keeping them. What people need is choice, not a single party, not two parties, three at minimum, maybe more as the need arises.

Couldn't agree more. In my ideal world, there wouldn't even be parties. There would just be general elections filled with multiple candidates, but I guess that can't happen in today's world. The best we can hope for is a 3 party system right now. I'm personally going to support the Libertarian Party if RP doesn't get the Republican nomination.

Primbs
01-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Imagine Ron Paul challenges Strom Thurmond for longevity. Ron Paul could be in politics another twenty five years. The Republican Party better take him seriously.

ceakins
01-15-2008, 12:37 AM

I'll believe it when I see them getting behind Dr. Paul.

susano
01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Quote:

Let's make it happen!

I agree. I really think it's best if everyone would write to their state GOP chair, in firm and polite manner, and let them know that we are genuine conservatives, who want a genuine conservative candidate, and Ron Paul is the only who fits that description. They have to understand that they get ALL of our votes with Ron Paul, and none without.

Ron Paul is the only uniter of the party, whether they like it or not. No Republican in his or her right mind would vote for the Socialists rather than Ron Paul, but RP supporters, Indis and some Dems will NEVER vote for RINOs & neoCONs.

susano
01-15-2008, 12:50 AM
The really terrible thing facing us in future elections as this movement goes forward is no one will have Ron Paul's record to run on. People can brand themselves as a Ron Paul Republican, but we still will not know what we have until they are actually in office.

It's easy to say the right thing. We have got to win now while we know we are supporting the real deal.

Hear, hear!

susano
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM

That's right. At any time they could have denied funding the WOT. They won't because they support it.

Look at how they played Cindy Sheehan. They used her pain to gain control, then dumped her. Sheehand and her group, Code Pink, sat outside of Pelosi's San Francisco home, trying to speak with her. Pelosi's words to Sheehan? "Get away from my house". When Code Pink went to socialist congressman John Conyer's office, he had them arrested.

JohnnyWrath
01-15-2008, 01:16 AM
I am not in this so much about the war....soldiers are volunteers....I am here because I want the freakin' government out of my life....democrats will make it even worse, so I will vote republican regardless....unless Ron Paul runs 3rd party...

VoluntaryMan
01-15-2008, 01:22 AM
We could start a new party and call it "Republican Party 1.0"

The American Party. When people ask whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, you can answer thusly: "I'm an American, why do you ask? Is there any other party?" At that point, the questioner should experience the warm glow of embarrassment.