PDA

View Full Version : Make it Flake

apc3161
01-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello Ron Paul fans,

I'm here to ask you to go here.

http://www.makeitflake.com/

and declare your support for Jeff Flake. He is a congressmen from Arizona and is looking to become a member of the appropriations committee (the congressional committee that decides how much money will be spent at the federal level every year http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_Appropriations). To declare your support you only need to sign a petition and send emails to members of congress who control who will be put on the committee (this web page does this automatically for you, just sign your name, put in your address and presto, very easy). It also lists phone numbers of the appropriate congressmen to call just in case you're really interested.

Here is a background on Jeff Flake

-Voted #1 by Citizens Against Government Waste, The National Taxpayers Union, and The Club for Growth (usually Ron Paul is voted in the top 10 by these guys). This guy is by every definition a fiscal conservative. This guy is 100% anti-pork and we need him on this committee that controls how much money is spent.

-Voted against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security. He said it would be a costly beauracy that would not make us more safe, sound familiar?

-He was one of 3 republicans who voted against H.R 1955 The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act a.k.a thought crimes act that declares terrorists use the internet to spread propaganda to Americans on the internet and the government should regulate the internet to do something about this.

I mean look at the description for this legislation.

`(1) The development and implementation of methods and processes that can be utilized to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence in the United States is critical to combating domestic terrorism.

`(2) The promotion of violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence exists in the United States and poses a threat to homeland security.

`(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.

`(4) While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts to combat international terrorism, it must also strengthen efforts to combat the threat posed by homegrown terrorists based and operating within the United States.

`(5) Understanding the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence is a vital step toward eradicating these threats in the United States.

`(6) Preventing the potential rise of self radicalized, unaffiliated terrorists domestically cannot be easily accomplished solely through traditional Federal intelligence or law enforcement efforts, and can benefit from the incorporation of State and local efforts.

`(7) Individuals prone to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence span all races, ethnicities, and religious beliefs, and individuals should not be targeted based solely on race, ethnicity, or religion.

`(8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.

`(9) Certain governments, including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia have significant experience with homegrown terrorism and the United States can benefit from lessons learned by those nations.

He might not be perfect, but he's the best candidate applying for the position and I say we put all our weight behind him. The least we should all do is go to

www.makeitflake.com, sign the petition, and allow emails to be sent our behalf.

Thank you,
APC

apc3161
01-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I hate to do this and I apologize.

bump

Corydoras
01-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Any updates on how this is going?

apc3161
01-20-2008, 02:23 AM
I saw another thread on here about this. It had a decent amount of responses.

Plus, a bunch of fiscally conservative websites (like the ones I mentioned) are really pushing this guy. So I hope its going well.

I doubt people are calling in for other candidates.

rmholla
01-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Put up a Squidoo Lens for him too. It's free.

-

Corydoras
01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
What's a Squidoo Lens?

rmholla
01-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Squidoo.com allows anyone to put up a website for free, though they are called lenses. They are super easy to create.

Visit one of the links in my sig file and there will be a link on it for you to make your own page. It only takes about 15 minutes to put up a lens and there is no cost involved. You can add modules and make some money from your site as well. I donate a portion of all the money I make to charity.

-

bbachtung
01-21-2008, 01:05 AM
I love Jeff Flake; he and RP vote the same almost every time.