PDA

View Full Version : Big Push For Ames This Weekend!!

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
To be blunt, it will make no difference how many people come from out of state to go to the straw poll if we don't get any votes. I have an opportunity for people that understand this and want to help before things are decided (most going to the straw poll will have made up their mind by august 11). We have approximately 13,200 DVDs in very professional looking cases that need to be distributed in Ames THIS weekend. These DVDs are made specifically to motivate people to go to the straw poll and vote for Dr. Paul. Many of you first got involved in the campaign because of seeing Ron Paul on video so I'm sure you can imagine the effect that this project will have. It might get us several thousand votes!

We will have someone at brookside park in Ames from 8am to 8pm this Saturday and Sunday. You can come any time you like in this range and work for as long as you'd like. We are just there to give you maps that show what needs to be done and provide you with DVDs and the sacks to put them in. We will have everything you need.

The address of the park is:
Brookside Park
1325 6th st
Ames, IA

According to my calculations based on three person teams, it will take a total of 400 hours: 270 hours of walking and 130 hours of driving. Since the debate is the weekend after this and the straw poll the weekend after that, it is very important that we get these done this weekend. I don't know that Iowa can do this alone so please help if you can. These DVDs are specifically made for the straw poll so they won't be much use afterwards. Many of you have been waiting for an opportunity like this - let's take advantage of it while we still can!

Here's a link to the movie if you haven't seen it:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Wow, Im in the middle of the dvd, and it's really awesome. Well done. Good editing.

How are you going to pass them out, are you going door to door randomly or do you know where the potential straw poll voters live ?

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done.

Slugg
07-25-2007, 03:54 AM
The hard work is distributing them. Gig...can we set up some way of getting you addresses of people who want a DVD? When people on the "Call Iowa" campaign get to the point of wanting to send information, DVD's are the best! Just as you said.

I think that your coordinated effort this weekend is awesome, but can we mail the DVD's to those who request them?

Oh yeah, there is another thread talking about taking out a 1/2 page ad in a newspaper...perhaps we can coordinate with them to use one section of the add as "Contact so-and-so for a free DVD."

Any thoughts?

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
There is a website dedicated to the movie at ronpaulvideorevolution.com

The ad could reference that.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 10:32 AM
I know we want to focus on Ames - but can other Iowa groups have a small number?

We are manning the booths at our county fair and having a few dozen for the more interested passer-byers might be well worth it.

RP08
07-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Is there a way to get a copy of the video that's not in Google Video Player format? Hopefully something fairly high quality...

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, if someone wants to come here and get some then I will give you plenty. If I mailed them though, it would probably arrive too late to do much good. Talk to Jen to make arrangements: jen@paulforall.com

beermotor
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey is this the straw_poll.iso that I am seeding? If so, good job. :)

RP08
07-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes, if someone wants to come here and get some then I will give you plenty. If I mailed them though, it would probably arrive too late to do much good. Talk to Jen to make arrangements: jen at paulforall.com

Thanks

On a side note, you should find all the places you posted a valid email address and break it up like:
"jen <a t> paulforall.com"

or create an image file like (you're welcome to use this one):
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/681/emailkx7.jpg

...to help prevent spam bots from picking it up.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for all your efforts with the RP campaign. I wish I could drive out there and help out myself, but it's 1024.1 miles away, which is a bit out of my means.

Good luck!

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
bump

tiznow
07-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I was planning on doing canvassing in the iowa city area on saturday but seeing the urgency of this and you needing help think i'll plan on being in ames on saturday will plan on getting there around noon or so. I'll try to drag as many along in my area as well, and also I'll plan on taking some dvds back with me to distribute in my area on sunday and next week.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, if someone wants to come here and get some then I will give you plenty. If I mailed them though, it would probably arrive too late to do much good. Talk to Jen to make arrangements: jen@paulforall.com

Hi Jeff, I am going to try to drag some people up from Eastern Iowa this weekend.

I need to check with my wife first though. the reality is even under a Ron Paul presidency, my individual freedom is severely restricted. :mad:

jblosser
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I need to check with my wife first though. the reality is even under a Ron Paul presidency, my individual freedom is severely restricted. :mad:

Well at least that was entered into voluntarily (I assume/hope).

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Well at least that was entered into voluntarily (I assume/hope).

sure, but like all transfers of power - it keeps sno-balling on me.

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, I'm certainly not going to watch this thread sink to the murky bottom of the forums.

:D

sylvania
07-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Too funny. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Jeff, have you sent out a request for help to all the Meetup groups that are anywhere close to Iowa?

cstern1977
07-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Have you considered mailing these DVDs to the Republican list? I know this could take some time and a little more money but at least your efforts would be targeted. I bet you could send them all out in time before August 11th.

I would suggest just giving 1000 to the Kansas City group too since they will be down there as well as a few other MeetUps.

Corey

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Jeff,

Have you considered taking donations to mail the DVDs to caucus attendees?

I'm going to be mailing a few that I am personally producing (slow work on my little DVD burner).

Just thinking that you'll get the most bang for the buck by targeting them.

AND, is there anyone in IA connected to either the Libertarian or Constitution Parties who could buy single-use labels to mail their members?

joshdvm
07-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I was thinking of just sending the link of the video via email to any Iowans I talk to in the call campaign who are interested. Sound like a good idea?

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I was thinking of just sending the link of the video via email to any Iowans I talk to in the call campaign who are interested. Sound like a good idea?

It sounds like it could save time and postage costs. :D