PDA

View Full Version : My letter to a Mccain Supporter

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I do give him some credit if he did really support the surge when his son was deployed. Not sure what his son is doing there. Bush was also "enrolled". Also, the surge is a joke. The surge was failing miserably. We are now paying the Sunnis in Bagdhad $10 a day to not figh us and to maintain peace. These people are the old henchmen of Saddam. Plus there is no violence in Southern Iraq because the British have left that place. The "surge" as described on TV has not worked. We have compromised, and now we are re-arming the same people we were supposed to fight. This information is available on npr, and on all other international news sources( BBC for example, and I also have seen some programs on a canadian channel about the same). You will never hear about it on Fox.

As for Mccain, I cannot respect someone who is continuing something wrong. He wants to keep troops there for the next 100 years if need be. I cannot support someone who says he does not care if innocent people die as long as they are not Americans ( he has said that, what makes him different than a terrorist?). I cannot support someone who does not understand the motivation of people who we are fighting. I cannot support someone who continues doing the same thing again and again even though it is wrong. That by definition is insanity. Read the book by Michael Scheur. He was the head of the CIA unit responsible for Osama Bin Laden. Read the stuff Scott Ritter has written about Iran. He was the head UN weapons inspector in Iraq before the war ( and a vocal opponent of it). And compare it to what Mccain (and others) says. Mccain may be honest and patriotic, but that does not make him right. In fact read what Mccain has said in 2002/2003. Mccain does not agree with Mccain :)

"support the troops". That statement has nothing to do with the war on "terror". We have been conditioned to think the two are the same. The reason the democrats do not want to stop funding the war is because they are afraid that it will be mis-construed as not supporting the troops.

If we really supported the troops we would
a. make sure they had the right equipment.
b. not dis-respect them in death by banning pictures of their coffins when they are flown back enmasse from Iraq
c. making sure that they get the right treatment when they come back disfigured
d. not putting them in harms way
e. making them fight for the right reasons
f. Getting them home

And yes, a higher salary via higher taxes would support the army. More poor kids would go fight. But, we do not have the money anymore. Moody's put out a report on friday stating that we (USA) might lose out AAA rating if we do not control spending. Google David Walker, he is the comptroller general of the country. He is the country's head accountant. See what he has to say about solvency. Also, we cannot raise taxes, we have a major economic disconnect, and raising taxes now would be suicide.

I agree that the draft is unlikely. But every large change starts with a small step. There are tons of people who are speaking up, and I really hope that we stop going down this path.

angelatc
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
This is really good. But you're probably not utilzing your time in the most efficent manner possible by trading endless emails with a single supporter to win a single vote. Sign up to be a precinct leader and reach out to the undecided voters.

Mark
01-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Also, I read a good while back that troops were making deals with the locals not to fire on them if the locals didn't fire on the troops.

Like, a patrol goes out and finds a place to park and stays there until it's time to go back.

Kind of like a mutual agreement not to shoot each other if each party leaves the other alone.

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 02:09 AM
This is really good. But you're probably not utilzing your time in the most efficent manner possible by trading endless emails with a single supporter to win a single vote. Sign up to be a precinct leader and reach out to the undecided voters.

Who says its a single vote? Just curious, most people I have converted converted someone else, etc etc. Since then I have just assumed that everyone I end up converting will probably end up talking to and likely convincing at least one more if not more.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Who says its a single vote? Just curious, most people I have converted converted someone else, etc etc. Since then I have just assumed that everyone I end up converting will probably end up talking to and likely convincing at least one more if not more.

That is what I am hoping for. One at a time, as this guy is friends with other Mccain supporters. If he converts others will follow. Domino effect.