PDA

View Full Version : Slowly winning over some fellow church-goers

DeadtoSin
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Last week in sunday school the republican debates got brought up, and when I mentioned Ron Paul they scoffed at me just a bit. They weren't trying to be mean, but they just called him a nutjob, etc. They simply just hadn't heard about him, or heard something bad about him, so he was a nutcase. If you are a Christian supporter, help your fellow church members to know that the message he preaches falls in line with Christian teachings. I think the most un-Christlike thing we as Americans can do is to encourage the Federal government to legislate morality for us. I've never been happy with the decisions the judiciary has come up with for us, why do we keep trying to win them over when they are the ones that gave us Roe vs Wade?

Just simply contending for something you believe in can do a great deal. If you talk about Ron Paul to your peers and you are able to defend yourself, you probably won't win them over. What you will do, as we say in the Christian world, is to plant a seed. I came back today for sunday school and he said that he actually agreed with a lot of what Ron Paul has to say, but he still thinks that it is too drastic of a change to make right now for America.

I'm going to keep going, explain that he won't be just changing things overnight, but I wanted to encourage all of you to do the same as well.

DeadtoSin
01-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Also, arm yourself with his voting record. Don't quote his voting record from what you've heard, actually visit the House of Reps website and look at his votes yourself. If you can say that, then you have a lot of weight in the argument that you wouldn't have normally had.

gerryb
01-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Also, arm yourself with his voting record. Don't quote his voting record from what you've heard, actually visit the House of Reps website and look at his votes yourself. If you can say that, then you have a lot of weight in the argument that you wouldn't have normally had.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400311

miamiist
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Mention the 2006 We the People Act. I've spent the last 10 days canvassing in South Carolina and have found this to be very effective. Also, mention his support of withdrawing from the U.N., a precursor to world government that all Christians should vehemently oppose. Also, his support of ending the Dept. of Education, a "humanist-influenced" bureaucracy.

thehittgirl
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Last week in sunday school the republican debates got brought up, and when I mentioned Ron Paul they scoffed at me just a bit. They weren't trying to be mean, but they just called him a nutjob, etc. They simply just hadn't heard about him, or heard something bad about him, so he was a nutcase. If you are a Christian supporter, help your fellow church members to know that the message he preaches falls in line with Christian teachings. I think the most un-Christlike thing we as Americans can do is to encourage the Federal government to legislate morality for us. I've never been happy with the decisions the judiciary has come up with for us, why do we keep trying to win them over when they are the ones that gave us Roe vs Wade?

Just simply contending for something you believe in can do a great deal. If you talk about Ron Paul to your peers and you are able to defend yourself, you probably won't win them over. What you will do, as we say in the Christian world, is to plant a seed. I came back today for sunday school and he said that he actually agreed with a lot of what Ron Paul has to say, but he still thinks that it is too drastic of a change to make right now for America.

I'm going to keep going, explain that he won't be just changing things overnight, but I wanted to encourage all of you to do the same as well.

That's for sure! God gave will for a reason. Free will does not mean the government should tell us what to do. Keep up the good work. I will keep going too. I'm going to put DVDs on every car at a church next Sunday.