PDA

View Full Version : A good idea for precinct captains

UnitedWeStand
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
This morning I put on my nicest clothes and went to one of the neighborhood churches in my precinct. I flyered the windshield wipers, then went in to become a part of their community. Not only do I plan on making friends and encouraging others to vote for Ron Paul, I also got a copy of their events calendar. I think that I can persuade them to become one of us a lot easier if first I persuade them that I am one of them.

My deep thought about this is that= if you want Ron Paul to become more popular and mainstream--then you as a privelaged, enlightened ambassador of Ron Paul need to also become more popular and mainstream. Noone understands the tendency to be antisocial and hey admit it "fringe" like I do-- find your way into the mainstream.

If you really dont want to do churches (but they are likely voters imho) you can also join ptas, neighborhood associations, volunteer at nature centers--just join the community in some way!

krott5333
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree!

It is also beneficial to sit down with your meetup group with a few phonebooks and make a list of special interest groups to target in your area.

Such special interest groups can be targeted with the following slim-jims:

Tax Free Tips Act
-Restaurants
-Hair Salons/Barbers
-Strip Clubs
-Bars
-Hotels

Health Freedom
-Health and Organic Food Stores
-Holistic Doctors and groups

Gun Rights
-Gun Stores
-Gun Clubs
-Gun Ranges

Pro-Life
-Churches
-Pro Life groups

Free Enterprise
-Businesses

etc etc etc

UnitedWeStand
01-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Is there anywhere to buy other good slim jim downloads other than the official site? Id love one for instance that just addressed taxes.

ninepointfive
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
good ideas!

cswake
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Coin Collector groups are superb targets for monetary policy.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
This morning I put on my nicest clothes and went to one of the neighborhood churches in my precinct. I flyered the windshield wipers, then went in to become a part of their community. Not only do I plan on making friends and encouraging others to vote for Ron Paul, I also got a copy of their events calendar. I think that I can persuade them to become one of us a lot easier if first I persuade them that I am one of them.

My deep thought about this is that= if you want Ron Paul to become more popular and mainstream--then you as a privelaged, enlightened ambassador of Ron Paul need to also become more popular and mainstream. Noone understands the tendency to be antisocial and hey admit it "fringe" like I do-- find your way into the mainstream.

If you really dont want to do churches (but they are likely voters imho) you can also join ptas, neighborhood associations, volunteer at nature centers--just join the community in some way!

Good stuff. I'm going to check out the churches in my precinct and see what I can get accomplished also.

Luft97
01-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Very good ideas all of you!

UnitedWeStand
01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
I hadnt thought of talking to the coin/gold shops. Thats a great idea. =)

Libertytree
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Wear a Ron Paul shirt everywhere you can, if you work with the public and can that's even better.

Make little mini flyer's to attatch to the silm jims depending on where you're targeting.

Don't forget your local watering hole!