PDA

View Full Version : What next?

mwz
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Maybe I will spark some angry responses for saying this, but as RP supporters, don't we value honesty? There IS a chance that he will not win the presidency, and we must make sure to carry on this movement well beyond the election. RP's ideas are more important than the man himself!

For me, the most important of RP's positions is monetary policy and Austrian economics. Few people understand what a destructive institution the central bank is. Unfortunately it's so entrenched in our world that we have quite an uphill battle to fight. Every empire has collapsed because its currency collapsed, and this time we ignore history at our peril.

So if he doesn't win, does he just return to Congress? I hope that he aspires to attain a different position in government, ideally in the executive branch. I'd love to see him as an economic adviser in the next administration, regardless of which party is in power. Ron Paul is RIGHT about economic and monetary policy and if the next president is wise, he/she will listen to RP and seek to return the country to a sound money system. Better to do it soon rather than be FORCED to do it after we've experienced a hyperinflationary spiral...

I hope to start a constructive discussion here. What are your thoughts?

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Hopefully preach of him over time and let the ideas grow until another worthy candidate comes around. Certainly after this election young people will be determined to follow in his footsteps.

ejw2076
vote libertarian.

Antonius Stone
we must get as many Liberty Candidates elected to congress as possible.

www.paulcongress.com

Swmorgan77
01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
If he doesn't win, then onward and upward with the Constitution and sound money. This fight has never been about just Ron Paul, he was just such a perfect cadidate for it to center on with this consistency and ability to communicate the information so effectively.

It will be harder without him winning, but we'll fight on.

Paulbot_9876
01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
fu!# over the gop contender.......

josh24601
01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Panic and mass hysteria on the interwebs followed by a return to general apathy. Since we are looking for honesty...

I was optimistic before I signed onto this forum that the movement would continue years into the future and become a real force in the US political scene. Since then I've started to become convinced that it's comprised mostly of either 1) fanatical Ron Paul zealots that make Bush worship look benign or 2) "pissed off people" who want a massive victory showing in this election with no regard for the message or the movement after it.

To be fair I've also met some level-headed people who understand that Ron downplays his own self and shines the spotline instead on the message, and who are interested in a long-term political force that will be created by all this.

Unfortunately, they seem to be the minority.

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
what the hell is up with all these super pessimistic threads?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
He runs independent. Then we take it from there.

hellah10
we must get as many Liberty Candidates elected to congress as possible.

www.paulcongress.com

my thoughts exactly

nosebruise
He runs independent. Then we take it from there.

+1 :D

stevedasbach
Too early to speculate.

Hayek's Heroes
01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Join the Republican party, go to your local meetings, and vote every chance you get. Be willing to run for local office. Don't put your hope in the GOP machine, instead put your hope in the GOP members that make up this nations greatest political party.

mwz
01-13-2008, 06:05 PM
what the hell is up with all these super pessimistic threads?

There is a difference between pessimism and realism.

Successful people always plan for what they will do if they fail. It's called Plan B.

Crickett
01-13-2008, 06:08 PM
My thought is--this is NOT the time for this discussion at ALL

LibertyEagle
01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
There is a difference between pessimism and realism.

Successful people always plan for what they will do if they fail. It's called Plan B.

haha, get off it. those words arent antonyms. i can be realistic and optimistic at the same time. the point is its too early and anything at this point is pure speculation.

i have no problems with a plan B but for some reason TODAY, right now, we have a burst of threads like this...

i just replied to a "if ron doesnt win where will you be in 2012." thread, which basically asked the same question.

i think ron has a chance at winning and all this "doesnt win" talk is detrimental to the psych of things. it is in NO way detrimental to have a backup plan, but we shouldnt lose track of the prize and primary plan as it is now. right now the FOCUS is on getting ron elected. ONE thread on what comes next if things dont go well is enough.

Bilgefisher
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Its already started folks. WE start to put candidates in congress that will help us. Before they realize what happened, it will be to late :)

american.swan
01-13-2008, 06:18 PM
My response is a few questions.

What is "win"? Win requires some goal. What are Ron's goals? We can assume that Ron's goals center around his platform of freedom. The african-americans had to fight for years to win the freedom they should have had under the Declaration of Independence. Woman had to wake up and fight for their rights. Freedom is a on going, forever war. Even if Dr. Paul spends 8 years in the White House, the war won't be over.

I think it's folly to think that at some point this battle for freedom will be over and won. Andrew Jackson kicked out the central bankers. Did that end the war? Of course it didn't end anything.

We must fight and change so many things.
This is only the beginning. Don't expect too much.

Xonox
01-13-2008, 06:20 PM
We find the other Ron Paul republicans and libertarians and put them into office, whether that be local, state, or federal.

Peace&Freedom
01-13-2008, 06:44 PM
The grassroots should advocate (circa mid-March) for Ron to run 3rd party if it's clear by or after the Texas primary that he can't win the GOP race. Clear, as in being mathematically out of the delegate hunt. If it's a 30%-30% situation with nobody winning the delegate race pre-convention, we start a special spring-summer campaign to win a brokered con. As in: Paul commissions polls to show he's better against Hillary/Obama than the other Republican, continues to get money bomb millions from the grassroots (April 15 'No IRS' MB, Memorial day antiwar MB, Independence Day Freedom MB etc.).

Paul may even try to get the LP nomination Memorial Day in Denver---talk about a major, double news blip for Paul if he does that the day as the holiday money bomb! A MILLION Ron Paul supporters show up at the Republican convention, doing daily rallies urging that he be the nominee. Paul demands the nomination and gets it due to these combined circumstances.

If Paul quits the GOP primaries and elects NOT to do a 3rd party run, the movement converts to a national "Hope for America" CONGRESSIONAL project to elect Paulite candidates to office. Post-Paul, we will need to create a few younger senior elected officials in order for one of them to have the 'street creds' to run for President in 2012 as Paul did this year. The formula is: find a Constitutionalist/Libertarian who can competitvely run for the Republican nomination in a Republican leaning district (or who can run as a Ron Paul Democrat in a Democratic district), on the same agenda that Paul has on his slimjims. The best prospect right now is Murray Sabrin, the Austrian-trained finance professor running for Senate in NJ.

Alternatively, the grassroots could work both on electing Paulites to Congress WHILE working on Paul's campaign for president. We need (ultimately) both a Ron Paul presidency and a Paulite Congress to do all things we want.