PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Democrats are costing us votes

jrich4rpaul
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I believe our vote numbers would be much, much higher if so many Democrats weren't missing the Republican registration deadlines. I personally know 3 people who will be unable to vote for Ron Paul due to neglecting the deadlines.

YOU HAVE TO BE REPUBLICAN TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL IN THE PRIMARIES.

Deadlines
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states

exer51
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
In some states ya do! Not in mine. Luckily we don't have that problem, but I'm sure it's a HUGE issue in the states where you must be a Rep.

Swmorgan77
01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I believe our vote numbers would be much, much higher if so many Democrats weren't missing the Republican registration deadlines. I personally know 3 people who will be unable to vote for Ron Paul due to neglecting the deadlines.

YOU HAVE TO BE REPUBLICAN TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL IN THE PRIMARIES.

Deadlines
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states

I agree. We have a meetup of 250 people here in Salt Lake and I've trying to push registration/affiliation as Republicans, as well as the precinct captain effort.

I don't know how many of our meetup people were previosly affiliated with a party, but if they were Democrats or Constitution party or something else and they haven't affiliated already then they won't be able to vote.

The good news is that here, people can do a same-day affiliation and vote for Ron Paul if they were previously unaffiliated. At least that's how its been done in the past and that's the story we're getting now.

What really saddens me is that we have only 4.. count them 4 people who have taken the 5 seconds to get their precinct from a direct link they were mailed and then 5 more seconds to sign up as precinct captain on the campaign site. We have a meetup just in Salt Lake of 250 people who were all emailed about this, not to mention the direct mails from campaign and 4 have responded with the ridiculously minimal effort necessary.

I don't know how else to light a fire under people to canvass, etc. and my biggest fear is that this convention will be brokered which will mean that if Ron Paul loses it will have nothing to do with the way the primary votes went, and everything to do with the fact that the call to canvass and become delegates was ignored.