PDA

View Full Version : Another Bang Up Day for Dr Paul

Meiun
01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Had a wonderful day supporting Ron Paul today. I had been a bit skeptical of sharing my discovery of the only honest politician with my family (in-laws) in Michigan. To my surprise, my WIFE pushed the issue today. She goes out and gets the mother in law on the phone and chats at her for about an hour (go figure), then comes back in the house... and says, "Tell her why she should vote for Ron Paul!"

WOW!! My wife had been mediocre at best of my support for Dr. No, and now BAM!

Okay, so I convince her that the only true choice this election cycle is Ron Paul. She hangs up. Not more than 30 mins later she calls me and has her KIDS ACROSS THE NATION ON CONFERENCE CALL!!!

All TWELVE OF THEM!! She's in Michigan (Sturgis area); her kids are in Missouri, NC, OR, CA, AR, IN, and OHIO... Mixed reactions from the conference call, but MOM(!) went ballistic over how we actually have an honest candidate who wants to restore the constitution, end the war, and give us back our $dollar$ by ending the IRS and the FED.

I'm telling you, Freedom is a popular message, and the tip of the iceberg has barely been touched. GO SPREAD SOME FREEDOM!

doronster195
01-13-2008, 04:57 PM
To quote the most used phrase on Hannity's radio show (used to be a listener for about a month over half a year ago :-/).

"You sir, are a great American." :-D

Agent CSL
01-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Yep. People absorb Ron Paul once they know what he's all about. :D

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
"he's catching on, i'm tellin ya!"

:D

dw1345
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
incredible story... thanks for sharing. wow, she's from Michigan too, thats great!

angrydragon
01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Almost brings a tear to your eyes. Good stuff.

freedom-maniac
01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Sehr Gut! I wish everyone is working like this.

Tronchaser
01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I went home to visit my parents today and my dad saw my Ron Paul bumber sticker and said "Uggg a dagger in my heart".. or something to that effect. He was a Fred lover and now's he's a Huckabeast supporter (the whole evnagelical thing)... He tried to sway me by saying "You know he's (Ron) only got 8-10%, he'll never win". And I said "You're trying to convince me to not vote for the candidate I feel is best based on poll numbers?" He was quiet after then, and went into the other room.

I wish my parents could see the "light", but I sincerely doubt it. My dad is the most stubborn person in this state.

/sigh.

I'm glad the fires caught on in your family though!

fmontez
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Great Story! Thanks for sharing!

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Had a wonderful day supporting Ron Paul today. I had been a bit skeptical of sharing my discovery of the only honest politician with my family (in-laws) in Michigan. To my surprise, my WIFE pushed the issue today. She goes out and gets the mother in law on the phone and chats at her for about an hour (go figure), then comes back in the house... and says, "Tell her why she should vote for Ron Paul!"

Okay, so I convince her that the only true choice this election cycle is Ron Paul. She hangs up. Not more than 30 mins later she calls me and has her KIDS ACROSS THE NATION ON CONFERENCE CALL!!!

All TWELVE OF THEM!! She's in Michigan (Sturgis area); her kids are in Missouri, NC, OR, CA, AR, IN, and OHIO... Mixed reactions from the conference call, but MOM(!) went ballistic over how we actually have an honest candidate who wants to restore the constitution, end the war, and give us back our $dollar$ by ending the IRS and the FED.

I'm telling you, Freedom is a popular message, and the tip of the iceberg has barely been touched. GO SPREAD SOME FREEDOM!

Great to see such positive reactions from your family. While my wife will almost certainly end up voting for Ron Paul (she isn't dumb, she just doesn't care to focus on politics at all) I too have been laboring under the burden of justifying my time and expenses to her. I'm going to have to order slimjims here in the next day or two, that will be another $50-60. not a lot, but added to the hundreds I've already spent it makes her real annoyed with me.

Keep up the good work!

exer51
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I FINALLY broke my grandma in California within the last week or 2. This is after years of bringing RP up here and there, and TONS of RP talk since he started the presidential run. She wanted the Ghoul. THE GHOUL FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!! No longer.

It might not have hurt that my dad threatened to never help her out with money ever again if she didn't vote for him... My dad gives out harsh love!

Swmorgan77
01-13-2008, 05:51 PM

I just mailed 10 DVD's and slimijims to Michigan voters. I hope even one of them has a similar impact.