PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a little support from everyone

jawrightbiz
01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Folks,
A year ago I would have considered myself a democrat and would have voted that way. When I started paying to the election process about eight months ago I told my wife, and myself, that I would vote for a candidate that espoused the values of leadership, high ethical standards, political decisions based on principal, and a far greater common sense approach to foreign policy. Normally I vote on the issues that are important to me and I spend a fair amount of time researching the stances of various candidates.
As it became obvious that this election, before I had seen any of the debates, was going to be the same parrots my heart filled with despair. Luckily, my brother who lived in Texas and has served two tours in Iraq and Kuwait, told me about Ron Paul.
I believe my journey after that point mirrored some of your own travels in learning about Ron Paul, the history of our country, our current national and global situation, and most importantly myself.
Now I would not have considered myself part of the flock before this point, and I would it admit it if I was one of those sheep, casually grazing in the field of life. I already had a healthy skepticism of the MSM, especially Faux News, and my bullshit meter has been on high for some time whenever I hear any politician speak. However here is where I need your help.....

My eyes have been opened! To put it bluntly. I want to ask those who have been privvy to the truth for many years, how have you coped with knowing? How do you cope with the fact that it is blatantly obvious the MSM has been undermining the public interest? How do you cope with the fact that various resolutions passed into law since 9/11 have taken on a nightmarish Orwellian quality? How do you cope with the fact that electing Ron Paul president may be our last chance to save our country? How do you cope with the fact that people just don't listen to their fellow citizen but rather to their surrogate MSM parents? I am sad, very sad. The more I learn the more I am saddened. I will keep learning and will keep being let down. Please tell me how to ease the pain:confused:

angelatc
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Folks,
A year ago I would have considered myself a democrat and would have voted that way. When I started paying to the election process about eight months ago I told my wife, and myself, that I would vote for a candidate that espoused the values of leadership, high ethical standards, political decisions based on principal, and a far greater common sense approach to foreign policy. Normally I vote on the issues that are important to me and I spend a fair amount of time researching the stances of various candidates.
As it became obvious that this election, before I had seen any of the debates, was going to be the same parrots my heart filled with despair. Luckily, my brother who lived in Texas and has served two tours in Iraq and Kuwait, told me about Ron Paul.
I believe my journey after that point mirrored some of your own travels in learning about Ron Paul, the history of our country, our current national and global situation, and most importantly myself.
Now I would not have considered myself part of the flock before this point, and I would it admit it if I was one of those sheep, casually grazing in the field of life. I already had a healthy skepticism of the MSM, especially Faux News, and my bullshit meter has been on high for some time whenever I hear any politician speak. However here is where I need your help.....

My eyes have been opened! To put it bluntly. I want to ask those who have been privvy to the truth for many years, how have you coped with knowing? How do you cope with the fact that it is blatantly obvious the MSM has been undermining the public interest? How do you cope with the fact that various resolutions passed into law since 9/11 have taken on a nightmarish Orwellian quality? How do you cope with the fact that electing Ron Paul president may be our last chance to save our country? How do you cope with the fact that people just don't listen to their fellow citizen but rather to their surrogate MSM parents? I am sad, very sad. The more I learn the more I am saddened. I will keep learning and will keep being let down. Please tell me how to ease the pain:confused:

I wish I could tell you! Now you'll begin to sound like a conspiracy theorist, and even people who believe you will stump you with 6 little words: "Yes, but what can you do?"

You will find that the guys with guns do not care about rights and truth.

What am I leading my kids into?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I want to ask those who have been privvy to the truth for many years, how have you coped with knowing?

I've never known the truth. I've just come to different conclusions over the years, and experienced different perceptions.

Maybe you're seeing things now that you didn't see before. When you understand a subject more deeply, it doesn't mean everyone else is blind. It just means that you may have encountered the same thing from a different view.

constituent
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM

you don't. it just gets worse.

-movin' on

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 05:00 PM
I hope.
I pray.
If you read back through my posts you will see that I am Angry, often.
I was angry before I knew of Ron Paul, and now I have hope.

Ain't that Red Pill somethin'?

VoluntaryMan
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. [Ecclesiastes 1:17-18]

In other words, "I should have taken the blue pill."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQozTxQSiE

ShaneC
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
The more I learn the more I am saddened. I will keep learning and will keep being let down. Please tell me how to ease the pain:confused:

I drink. I drink alot. I'm a smoker too.

I don't really recommend it...

pcosmar
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. [Ecclesiastes 1:17-18]

++ to infinity, and beyond.

constituent
01-13-2008, 05:06 PM

In other words, "I should have taken the blue pill."

the only book that counts.....

beside genesis

WilliamC
01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Folks,

Drink heavily ;)

Seriously, excellent intro post, welcome to the rEVOLution. I've been "aware" for the better part of 10 years now, and it is a rather lonely feeling sometimes to see so many caught up in their favorite TV shows, their favorite sports team, their consumerism, or just in the day to day grind of their lives.

Not that there is anything wrong with enjoying one's self, or with acquiring nice toys, or the fact that it is part of the human condition that we have to work for a living. But when you realize how far our Nation has fallen from the principles which make it unique in the world, how gravely deep the financial hole has been dug, and how nearly all of the politicians lie as easily as they breath, it can feel a bit overwhelming.

I am not wise enough to tell you what you should do, in fact that would be counter-productive. I will strongly suggest you get you and your family out of debt as quickly as possible, build up at least a bit of some savings for an emergency fund, and start thinking of ways to make yourself less financially dependent on those who wish to loan you money. I don't know the future but I'm not much on thinking there will be some sort of catastrophic collapse of society, but it does look like things will be getting worse in the long run, economically speaking. Look to your own house first.

And of course, support Ron Paul and other candidates like him as best you can. The internet is still in it's childhood, I hope that as the next few years unfold hundreds of thousands like you will also wake up to the realities around them, and have the courage to start taking action.

Remember, Freedom Brings Us Together.

DrCap
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Mostly I just crawl into the woodwork and enjoy the liberties I still have.
And then I read a lot about things, history and such as a distraction.
And then sometimes I have heated discussions with neophytes and make them squirm in their illogical arguments.
And sometimes I hang out with like minded friends...
I guess it's like arguing with someone about whether the world is flat or round, at some point you just kind of give up arguing and say 'oh well, they'll figure it out eventually.'
I'm not sure I'm the best example though as I felt this way since before I could vote, so I don't really know any other way now.

jawrightbiz
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I see what everyone is saying and I appreciate your replies. I have to say that I don't think this feeling will last forever. I know that I may be feeling a slight 'loss of control' as far as my life is concerned. I will take everyones advice and push on. I do not need to drink to cope, but I will keep learning, stay informed, and try to have a positive impact.
I see a lot of comparisons to taking the red pill and I do not regret my decision. While the steak is juicy, smells robust and raw, and tastes terribly delicious I will forego such pleasures to escape the matrix.
Its kind of funny, but not really, that I saw an almost identical post from a 20 yr old Ron Paul supporter that was looking for a little support as well.

Oh, just saw a bit on ABC news about Bush and Iran. The news makes it sound very dire but I wonder why us having three battleships somewhat off the coast of Iran is a threat to our security?