PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for dealing with luntz

Physics
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Dear Frank,

I saw your recent warning for Ron Paul supporters. I would just like to personally apologize. I understand that my apology doesn't take away from what others have said, but I hope that you can forgive Ron Paul supporters.

I also hope that you can see that we are getting the short end of the stick, so to speak. Surely you notice the media blackout of Dr. Paul. Surely you heard the ridiculous questions posed to him during the South Carolina debate on the 10th.

All we are asking for is a fair shot Frank, that's all we want. I guarantee, if you go on the air, and say something, just one thing, POSITIVE, about Dr. Paul; you will get a couple thousand emails saying "Thank You Frank!" rather than the currently popular Penn and Teller exclamation.

I truly hope that you can forgive the Paul supporters, and maybe even give us a hand.

Thanks for your time,
Physics

Kill him with kindness people. Our current technique IS NOT WORKING. We are just making people mad, and turning off voters. Let's give Frank a chance to change his mind about Ron Paul.

Remember Dr. Paul's answer regarding the 9/11 truthers: "If they care about me and my campaign they will not bring this up." The same thing goes here. If we care about Dr. Paul's message, we must present it with a clear head, and with less emotion. We represent Dr. Paul. We can still be proactive, and have boycotts, but just imagine how powerful a message it would be for us to be less rabid.

Everyone send this to Frank. I can pretty much guarantee that this will get us some GOOD media.

Gimme Some Truth
01-13-2008, 04:21 PM
It will be hard for people to do , but they must . At the very least the "ugly" emails , to not only Frank, must stop.

I want to knock Luntz's(etc) block off more than anyone , I guarantee it...but you have to decide what is more important... swallowing ones own pride to help Ron , or do what feels satisfying but hurt Ron?.

I will swallow my pride for Ron and send a very similar Email to what you have quoted. Its gonna be tough , and I may need a sickbag next to me whilst I write it , but I will do it

Ron Paul must win
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
whats his email address?

Unspun
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
This is what I wrote him. I was polite, rational, and I hope to invoke a personal debate with him. I think this is the best method.

Hello Mr. Luntz,

I watched a short clip of you on Fox news from, I believe, this morning issuing a warning
to all violent and irrational acting Ron Paul supporters. I first, and foremost, want to
apologize for, in most cases, uncalled for and befitting behavior. This is not the
typical Ron Paul supporter I know of but an extreme minority that can be considered
"fringe" supporters. I also want to thank you for supporting his message and on the
record stating that he deserves to be heard and should be treated with responsibility.

Indeed, their irrational actions have great consequences for the candidate in which I and
many other Americans support. But, to qualify every supporter as you did as violent,
loud, aggressive, and irresponsible is such an absurdly general blanket statement it
begins to make you wonder where all this animosity from the fringe and maybe even the
not-so-fringe is coming from. Don't you think, Mr. Luntz, it would have shown better
judgment on your behalf to state that it's not all Ron Paul supporters who are doing this
but a vocal minority with a desire to be heard?

Furthermore, I think we all desire and wish to be heard, especially in the political
process through our votes. But, another problem I sympathize with a lot of these folks
that are committing these actions you do not approve of is the fact that their politicians
and especially the media is going about lying and attempting to shape the minds of the
collective public. It is the media's job to report the news not influence them with
polls, inconsistent inaccurate and unbalanced reporting, and off color non news stories
that do not matter to the lives of 99% of the population to keep their minds off the
things that truly matter.

I understand the desire to make the most profit, but when does ethics begin to play a part
of media reporting? I think that has long left the mainstream media arena long long ago.
People are beginning to realize this, and the more and more they do the more and more you
will see of this, and not just from Ron Paul supporters. I, however--and like many
others, have chose a different route. I canceled my cable subscription, and chose
different methods of getting my news. The internet is truly a wonderful thing, and I
cringe at the thought of it losing the integrity by allowing only certain media moguls
(ie-News Corp, GE, et cetera) gaining ultimate control of it as they have mediums of the
past (ie-Television, Radio, Newspapers, et cetera). I hope you see what I am getting at.
While I disagree with their methods--you and the rest of the media play a role in this as
well and are just as at fault as the other side.

That said, I do not see how a few snowballs and shouting words physically hurts anyone.
It may distract the message and very unfortunately so, but to discount all of us
supporters as violent and irrational and to absolve the media of all fault is not helping
the situation.

Thank you for your time.

Good luck and Godspeed,

Physics
01-13-2008, 04:27 PM
whats his email address?

I sent mine to frank@luntz.com , I hope that's right.

acroso
01-13-2008, 04:28 PM
FU frank!

pacelli
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Best way to deal with Frank Luntz is to not deal with him.

Physics
01-13-2008, 04:32 PM
FU frank!

Come on man, YOU ARE HURTING THE MESSAGE. If you really want what Dr. Paul is talking about, personal liberties, less government, etc... then you really need to stop this. Treat these people with respect, they have power over us. You don't need to agree with them, but you do need to be nice to them if you want to be heard.

Trust me, I have screamed out Fuck you Frank at my tv so many times, but I think he is really making some sense here. We need to just be polite in our aggression.

KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS. There is nothing they will be able to do but address our concerns.

FreeTraveler
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I appreciate the sentiment, and good luck with the quest, but I think the best thing to do is completely ignore him. I'd like to see 200 RP supporters fall completely silent and turn their faces away as he walked by. Shunning is a very effective technique.

As for reasoned discourse, don't let him suck you in with his words. Remember, he's spent his whole career in mind control.

Frank Luntz has a world-view that is totally foreign to civilized people. His whole career is based on twisting information to manipulate men's minds, the very essence of survival and the one thing that separates man from animals. In a sane society, he would find no buyers for the filth he peddles.

Rarely in your life will you encounter people who are truly evil in their core. In my 55 years I can count them on one hand. A career devoted to manipulating other people is the purest form of evil.

Tina
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM

agreed.

Computer
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Kill him with kindness people. Our current technique IS NOT WORKING. We are just making people mad, and turning off voters. Let's give Frank a chance to change his mind about Ron Paul.

Remember Dr. Paul's answer regarding the 9/11 truthers: "If they care about me and my campaign they will not bring this up." The same thing goes here. If we care about Dr. Paul's message, we must present it with a clear head, and with less emotion. We represent Dr. Paul. We can still be proactive, and have boycotts, but just imagine how powerful a message it would be for us to be less rabid.

Everyone send this to Frank. I can pretty much guarantee that this will get us some GOOD media.

There's a reason why Ghandi and MLK are promoted by the establishment.

worldtruthfreedom
01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
It's interesting how Frank will speak out when he is getting a taste of the 'blowback' that comes from trying to marginalise people.

Hey Frank, instead of accusing RP supporters of being angry. Why not have a look at the system that makes them angry in the first place? The establishment and especially the media is blocking the voice of many people who want the truth. The anger that you find yourself and Hannity faced with is a manifestation of an systemised policy of lying to the American people. Guess what Frank, you aint seen nothing yet!

worldtruthfreedom
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
If your founding fathers had killed the British with kindness instead of muskets then you'd still be living under British rule.

I'm not advocating violence but to bow down to these people everytime they give us a bit of flack in the media is not the right way either.

What Frank is seeing is a direct result of the media silencing of peoples views and outright manipulation for a very long time.

Ron Paul would call it 'blowback'

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
It's interesting how Frank will speak out when he is getting a taste of the 'blowback' that comes from trying to marginalise people.

Hey Frank, instead of accusing RP supporters of being angry. Why not have a look at the system that makes them angry in the first place? The establishment and especially the media is blocking the voice of many people who want the truth. The anger that you find yourself and Hannity faced with is a manifestation of an systemised policy of lying to the American people. Guess what Frank, you aint seen nothing yet!

frank doesnt care about that. this is PART of his system. he doesnt want paul to be president, he is using anger at the fact that he's doing fucked up things against ron's supporters and ron himself, by playing innocent.

dont play his game, guys.

fucking trash the shit out of him after ron gets elected, but right now we have BIGGER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT than "Fuck You" Frank Luntz.

please be smart and keep this in mind when you are doing anything which can be considered rash or controversial.

Dave Pedersen
01-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Exactly my opinion also.

Words are simply air to those without conscience.

Why speak to a liar? A liar by trade has no respect for words except to ab-use them to do violence to truth and the thoughts and mind of his fellow man. A liar by trade seeks to subjugate the right of self determination possessed by all to his own desire for physical power over all not by force but by craft. A liar knows he cannot prevail by force and so hides within words and by those words gains entry into the processes of the mind and tinkers with the very free will granted only by God. Why? To bring reality to his violent desires.

It is naive and gullible to speak truth to a lair and equally evil to lie to one.

Why speak to a liar?

Physics
01-13-2008, 05:05 PM
That is the point. We need to remember we represent Dr. Paul. How would the American people take it if Ron Paul said "Fuck you Frank!"? We would love it, but the rest of the country would be appalled. This is essentially what we are doing, putting a great big "Fuck you Frank!" right into Ron Paul's mouth.

We have bigger things to worry about than Frank Luntz.

SirNadroj
01-13-2008, 05:05 PM

Agreed. I'd just ignore him, instead of kissing up to him.

my two cents.

Physics
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I'd prefer to ignore him as well, but we must deal with the consequences of being irresponsible little children. If you don't like my idea of apologizing, at least just shut the fuck up and don't hurt the campaign.

If you care about Dr. Paul, you won't represent him in a bad way. BE RESPECTFUL.

RoamZero
01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
The best thing that should have been done was to ignore him.

nosebruise
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I'd prefer to ignore him as well, but we must deal with the consequences of being irresponsible little children. If you don't like my idea of apologizing, at least just shut the fuck up and don't hurt the campaign.

If you care about Dr. Paul, you won't represent him in a bad way. BE RESPECTFUL.

hahahahah i dont know if i'd APOLOGIZE. frank's lying cheating face would never publicly acknowledge it, and it would just give him some sick pleasure that he made someone feel guilty.

i might apologize on Ron's behalf and point out that its only a VERY small fraction of his supporters doing that, but even those people do have the right to think frank is an asshole and call him out on it as far as their PERSONAL opinion goes.

someone could take a dump in franks mouth for all i care, so long as it doesnt negatively reflect on ron paul or the rest of his supporters.

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
While I certainly believe that being rude to these people right now is undermining our efforts, I've had a thought recently.

I can't help but think that the RP Revolution is just the tip of the iceberg...sort of a peaceful attempt to take this country back. If it is not successful, I have a feeling that the message will live on, gaining more and more supporters from the clutches of the MSM.

If this is the way it happens, I think people like Frank Luntz will end up dead next time around, rather than simply having snowballs thrown at them.

Physics
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm curious, if I can convince the grassroots to "kill you with
kindness", will you talk about that on the news? ^^^ME

In a word, yes. And they dont have to "kill me with kindness.". I understand their frustration. All that I seek is civility. ^^^Frank Luntz

Kotin
01-13-2008, 05:33 PM
FU frank!

its enough, this is not a vendetta against luntz, its a Revolution for Freedom!

Dont ever forget who YOU are Representing!

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
"I spoke up in favor of ron paul today on a show that is seen by almost a million people. Whether i do so again depends on people like you.
Just so you know, my email has been running 5 to 1 positive since this morning. Most of the other paul people are embarrassed with all the the public displays of anger."

From Frank, a few minutes ago.

slamhead
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Sorry to say, no matter how nice you are to him he will continue to smear the good doctor. It is his nature and his job to make polls that favor whomever they fancy. I wouldn't be surprised if Frank got paid by the Thompson campaign to prop that loser up in the last debate. He serves his master so don't expect him to change his tune. He is a scary guy with a lot of power to influence. I question whether he has a soul.

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
I certainly don't believe him, but there is no point in attacking him, as it will just give them ammunition.

Be civil for so long as it serves our interests...after that all bets are off.

Physics
01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Be civil for so long as it serves our interests...after that all bets are off.

I can agree with that. We just have to stay civil for Dr. Paul