PDA

View Full Version : Arizona listen up=absentee ballots

Sarge
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I did some checking and we have the blasted machines counting.

Suggestion on absentee ballots. Make a copy of your completed ballot.

Have someone witness the copy and write on the back of the return envelope -This ballot has been copied and witnessed.

The only way I see, to let them know we are watching and try and keep them on the up and up.

Not much time, but someone might want to have the meet up groups spread this before the ballots are returned. We received our ballots yesterday.

IntruderII
01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
My Oklahoma absentee ballot makes me sign a affidavit that says "I have not shown these marked ballots to any other person."

stevedasbach
01-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Copying the ballot won't matter -- unless everyone copies theirs (which isn't going to happen) you wouldn't be able to use the copy to prove there was a problem counting the ballots.

Sarge
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Listen to your State.

No requirement like OK on the AZ envelope.

You all might be right it is not worth the effort, in such a short time, but if enough did it they would know we are watching.

Any suggestions then how? ie go to the poll and drop off the ballot or what? I am almost thinking that going to the poll with the ballot might have more chance of getting the ballot counted. That does defeat the purpose of the absentee ballot.

Sarge
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Thank you to another poster on another thread, I now find, a manual audit is required in AZ. That makes me feel better now. I did not find that in my searching today on AZ.

http://www.verifiedvoting.org/