PDA

View Full Version : Create an IMAGE We Can Sell

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
I think HQ needs to understand that issues are important, but they are not really the thing that makes people choose a candidate. When we vote, we are making a statement about who WE are - or more accurately, who we WANT to be.

Fox News is very successful because they make their viewers believe they are part of an insurgent group of tough guys that aren't afraid to tell-it-like-it-is and won't back down from a fight. The reason they hate Ron Paul is because they believe he's a mamby-pamby quitter that wants to give up and let the bad guy terrorists win. It's all complete bullshit, of course, but they've created this story line that they believe and that is why they hate Ron Paul. They portray him in that way, and the sheep buy into it. With a story like that, who wouldn't enjoy attacking and marginalizing the "bad guy" candidate?

Ron Paul does a very good job of explaining the issues and those of us who actually take the time to read and learn about them are die-hard supporters. But we need to face the fact that the other 90% of the population isn't going to put forth that much effort.

So HQ needs to QUICKLY figure out a way of creating an IMAGE that they can market to the public. One that makes people want to vote for RP because it means that by voting for Ron Paul, they become part of that image. It's a common and effective marketing strategy. For example, people don't spend $65K on a Hummer because they need one. They buy a Hummer because it makes them into a bad-ass.

The Ron Paul campaign has loads of material it could use to create a kick-ass IMAGE for what it means YOU ARE if you vote for Dr. Paul. We supporters need to also be very careful about what kind of image we project. If we aren't careful, we could be Dr. Paul's downfall instead of helping him win.

cheese
01-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the image should have a lot of military focus. Lay off the youth because we have won them over already.

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking about a commercial with vid clips of people from all walks of life saying things like:
What does it mean to vote Ron Paul?...It means I love my country too much to back down when I can see how to create a better future for my children.

Stuff like that would help create a strong individualist type image.

AEMsupra
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
bump,

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Another would be an older African-American man or woman saying:
What does it mean to vote for Ron Paul?...It means standing up for what I believe is right.

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Or a military person:
What does it mean to vote for Ron Paul?...It means understanding that my freedom was paid for with the blood of fallen soldiers - not given to me by powerful men in Washington D.C.

RSLudlum
01-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Armed Neutrality!

hazek
01-13-2008, 06:33 PM
This is the most important issue right now. And we need professionals involved.

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 07:00 PM
With a picture of the Constitution behind the speaker:
What does it mean to vote for Ron Paul?...It means standing on a strong foundation when the going gets tough.

Abyss
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
ya man you should be a writer/director.

I can imagine all the things you are saying, and they are great!

Now we need to get some guy to do the filming...

morerocklesstalk
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
I think HQ needs to understand that issues are important, but they are not really the thing that makes people choose a candidate. When we vote, we are making a statement about who WE are - or more accurately, who we WANT to be.

Fox News is very successful because they make their viewers believe they are part of an insurgent group of tough guys that aren't afraid to tell-it-like-it-is and won't back down from a fight. The reason they hate Ron Paul is because they believe he's a mamby-pamby quitter that wants to give up and let the bad guy terrorists win. It's all complete bullshit, of course, but they've created this story line that they believe and that is why they hate Ron Paul. They portray him in that way, and the sheep buy into it. With a story like that, who wouldn't enjoy attacking and marginalizing the "bad guy" candidate?

Ron Paul does a very good job of explaining the issues and those of us who actually take the time to read and learn about them are die-hard supporters. But we need to face the fact that the other 90% of the population isn't going to put forth that much effort.

So HQ needs to QUICKLY figure out a way of creating an IMAGE that they can market to the public. One that makes people want to vote for RP because it means that by voting for Ron Paul, they become part of that image. It's a common and effective marketing strategy. For example, people don't spend $65K on a Hummer because they need one. They buy a Hummer because it makes them into a bad-ass.

The Ron Paul campaign has loads of material it could use to create a kick-ass IMAGE for what it means YOU ARE if you vote for Dr. Paul. We supporters need to also be very careful about what kind of image we project. If we aren't careful, we could be Dr. Paul's downfall instead of helping him win.

Great post. You are spot on.

nuklbone
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I wish I knew someone who could film that stuff. I wonder if it would be worth sending an email the the campaign folks?

nuklbone
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
A hunter holding up the head of 12 point buck he just shot:
What does it mean to vote for Ron Paul?...It means having the right to keep and bear arms.

RollOn2day
01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Great creative idea!

I like it alot.....and I dont get excited about a lot of ideas for commercials other than having clips of Ron Paul talking himself.

Have you sent this recommendation to Broadcast Freedom yet?
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

RollOn2day
01-14-2008, 08:34 AM
A hunter holding up the head of 12 point buck he just shot:
What does it mean to vote for Ron Paul?...It means having the right to keep and bear arms.

And I thought the right to bear arms was to protect us against an armed take over by our own Federal Government. I had no idea the Founders were such big hunting advocates that they saw that the "RIGHT TO HUNT" needed constitutional attention.

How about this:
A man in his living room with his kids in front of a fireplace playing with crayons, books or such and he says as he walks over to his gun case:

"In these times of increasing violence and threats to our safety, its good to know the Founders protected my right.....to protect myself and my family. The Right to Bear Arms is a foundation of personal liberty and thats why I'm voting for Ron Paul."

nuklbone
01-14-2008, 08:39 AM
And I thought the right to bear arms was to protect us against an armed take over by our own Federal Government. I had no idea the Founders were such big hunting advocates that they saw that the "RIGHT TO HUNT" needed constitutional attention.

How about this:
A man in his living room with his kids in front of a fireplace playing with crayons, books or such and he says as he walks over to his gun case:

"In these times of increasing violence and threats to our safety, its good to know the Founders protected my right.....to protect myself and my family. The Right to Bear Arms is a foundation of personal liberty and thats why I'm voting for Ron Paul."

You're right. That sounds better.

wowabunga
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM
HQ needs to QUICKLY figure out a way of creating an IMAGE that they can market to the public. One that makes people want to vote for RP because it means that by voting for Ron Paul, they become part of that image.[

"We the People" of the Revolution are the image. If you have yet to take your meetup group public and stand in public view holding signs, or have yet to sponor a local event... get with it..!

Be honest and genuine with your neighbors when you interact. They will remember you longer than they will remember those tv focus groups and propoganda.

Pete
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Towards the end of the Iowa infomercial was an ad showing all kinds of people telling a little about themselves and saying, "I am a Constitutionalist."

Something like that, or "I am a Ron Paul supporter" would be great for defusing all the press that RP supporters are a bunch of kids or 'fringe'.

jake
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Armed Neutrality!

+ Millitary Vet
+ Strength through peace
+ Defend our borders

Ron Paul: TOUGH on TERRORISM

nuklbone
01-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I just emailed OperationBroadcastFreedom with a link to this thread and said that I'd be willing to donate if they are interested in working on creating an image we can sell.

nuklbone
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
bump

gb13
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Bump.

This is a great idea. This is the kind of idea I love hearing.

Proton
01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
I really like how Ron put it in his O'Reilly interview:

Regarding the 'threat' of Iran:
"No I do not fear them as you do"

Source:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-RKJNF-iw

Crickett
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM

The image is already there. It is him with the paddles on the constitution. It should be in every ad, and the ads should evoke EMOTION. That motivates people to vote

nuklbone
01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm bumping this back up to the top again in response to the guy who just posted a thread saying we should shutdown the whole forums website. He's wrong, but I think his opinion underscores the fact that we need to stay focused on creating a positive image to people unfamiliar with the campaign.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
The problem is that we are incredibly diverse, and we aren't selling conformity. The most powerful thing I can think of is for some brave volunteer to go to Iraq and/or Afghanistan and film the troops' endorsements. The problem is, of course, that they [the troops] could well get in trouble for that.

The bumper sticker on the back of the military humvee would be the best image. As for the statement, how about: "Who are we? We are Americans who love freedom, and are sworn to give our all to preserve it for our children and grandchildren, just as our parents and grandparents preserved it for us."