PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on press release

Trassin
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Can I get some input on this press release? Good, bad, whatever.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 13th, 2008 11:32am CT

(555)555-5555

Edwardsville, Illinois - The Edwardsville for Ron Paul volunteer group is looking for motivated individuals interested in volunteering for Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

In the coming weeks the Ron Paul presidential campaign will be having a Grand Opening of their Madison county field office at 211 E. Vandalia St., Edwardsville, IL. The office will be staffed by volunteers from the Edwardsville for Ron Paul volunteer group. Any individuals interested in volunteering for Congressman Ron Paul's campaign should stop by the office between the hours of 10:00am - 8:00pm or call (555)555-5555. Individuals simply interested in learning about or discussing Congressman Ron Paul's campaign are also encouraged to stop by the office, which is now being staffed full time.

Jobarra
01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Sounds good to me.

kirkblitz
01-13-2008, 03:41 PM
yep

Acidlump
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
You put the real phone number on the press release right?

Sey.Naci
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd change 'individuals' to 'supporters'. We don't want individuals from other campaigns infiltrating, right? Although that will happen anyway, specifying supporters targets the people you want and excludes the ones you don't.

expatinireland
01-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Your press release needs a headline for one thing.

Check out this page for format information or google Press Release Format:

http://www.prwebdirect.com/pressreleasetips.php#format

stevedasbach
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Can I get some input on this press release? Good, bad, whatever.

Who-what-when-where should lead the release. In this case, that is the information about the grand opening.

The information in the opening paragraph should be expressed as a quote and attributed to someone who could be interviewed.

EDIT: I reread the release and I'm confused. Is the HQ open yet or not? If so, then set a date for the Grand Opening and use that as the lead for the release. If not, the last sentence doesn't make sense.